007 Nightfire Appreciation

Comments

The best way, in my opinion, to play Nightfire multiplayer is to play Top Agent with a full "roster" of six bots, random weapon set (though re-start if it's something difficult to start with like laser tripmines or smoke grenades), team ID off, unlimited time, explosive scenery, grapple on, fixed turrets on, and four lives for each player. I always set it up this way, I never play any other way on top agent! Anyone else have one of those standard set-ups you use when playing Nightfire?
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,762
    My friend and I playing Nightfire this morning at his house- an intense match at Fort Knox like none other!!

Here's another match of my friend and I- this time on the Ravine, Renard vs. Oddjob! For your curiosity, I am the player on the bottom screen.

• edited November 2017 Posts: 236

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    GoldenEye is my controller option.
    Nightfire.
    Nah I love that level. Although I rarely used the dart gun, especially since you could take em out with your fist and they'd be down for good.
    I zip right through Night Shift, I punch all the guards and take care of business avoiding the cameras and traps.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,635
    some days ago i was trying to make Countdown with no shots taken - except for the armor - and i didn't even got close to the Alpha Sector. LOL it's hard to try it. But it's fun on the same way.

Missions i can finish without being shot at is mainly almost all the FPS missions. The Exchange, -The japanese house, wish i could remember the name -, Night Shift, Chain Reaction, Phoenix Fire, Deep Descent.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    -The japanese house, wish i could remember the name

Double Cross...

Thanks.

I love that song too. It's on my cellphone as mp3. can hear it anytime.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,762
    Stealing from @00Beast, hope he don't mind xD

Favorite Levels:
    -The Exchange (I try to do this mission with stealth)
    -Enemies Vanquished (LOL)
    -Deep Descent (I dislike the "no checkpoint" thing, but it's a classic!)
    -Chain Reaction (Feel like a boss)
    -Phoenix Fire (reminds me of Die Hard :) I love to kill da guys with the DE .50)
    -Countdown (I play all the level just to see Kiko's death :D )
    -Island Infiltration (A hard, but epic mission)

You thief!! Hahaha, just kidding. I agree with you 100% on Deep Descent! The lack of even one checkpoint really disappoints me, because I always end up getting all the way to the large attack submarine at the end, and one torpedo takes me out. Lo and behold, I have to re-start the entire mission! Oh I get quite upset at that point! Hahaha. As for Phoenix Fire, you're right, it is extremely Die Hard worthy! And I too love using the Raptor .50 on Drake's men. Very Bondish!
    @HenryJonesVictor: It is the Desert Eagle, yes, but in the game they call it the Raptor, I suppose for copyright reasons or legal stuff, whatever. I tend to refer to the weapons as they are called in the game, hahaha. I'm not an expert on guns anyway, so I would have a difficult time knowing what the actual gun was called in real life, hahaha.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    No, what he means is that there's no point in the films where Bond takes a large caliber handgun and goes on a shooting rampage, as you're suggesting that you do. He's not correcting you on the weapon itself.
    No, what he means is that there's no point in the films where Bond takes a large caliber handgun and goes on a shooting rampage, as you're suggesting that you do. He's not correcting you on the weapon itself.
    @Agent007391 exactly...

Oh sorry about that! You're right, now that I look back at my post, I see what @HenryJonesVictor meant. My apologies!
    Yesterday I bought Agent Under Fire and From Russia With Lovo. I'll re-buy Nightfire on friday.

Friday will be a great day!!
    Now it will be on saturday. Okay :( ...

It'll be worth it when you finally get to play it again!
    Been playing it all day, having fun. 007 Nightfire really is a polished masterpiece. It's got an excellent Single Player campaign. Brilliant multiplayer that easily matches GoldenEye for the N64. This game managed to be as good and fun as GoldenEye 64. My one complaint is to make the rewards optional like Agent Under Fire. I don't care for the golden PPK/P99 upgrades. I have to have my weapons there natural color. :)

But otherwise great game.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    Nightfire is one of the best Bond games. It reminds me of Goldeneye N64 as far as multiplayer. The Opening Title Sequence was awesome, I love the way they upgraded the gadgets, (My favorite was Q's credit card) the missions were fun & the multiplayer was kick ass. Nightfire was the second Bond game where you can play multiplayer by yourself. I used 007, Nic Nack & Jaws a lot. I loved King of the Kill & Goldeneye mode. I still have Nightfire for the PS2.