Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2022 Posts: 14,861
    Oh no. Does this mean they are going to slap their damn logo on the films? Make it tougher for me to forget that Amazon now has a say.
    I would imagine MGM will still make the films. Disney don't put their logo on Lucasfilm movies.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    I hope we still get Leo, the new Star Wars movies felt different for a lot of reasons but I think the most important one was not having the classic 20th Century Fox fanfare at the start.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They're the distributor though, the Lucasfilm logo is still there. And the Bond films haven't really had consistency of that logo- the last one was Universal.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    Ah that's true, I get a little muddled up because my digital copy has the MGM logo which is a shame because I really liked the Universal logo morphing into the gun barrel. Either way I don't care as long as I don't have to see Amazon's all-consuming influence at the start of the movie.
    Since62 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    slide_99 wrote: »
    I don't care if Bond goes light or dark. I like OHMSS and LTK just as much as I like YOLT and TMWTGG. I just don't want any more soap opera dramatics, questioning Bond's relevancy, or psychobabble about his psyche.

Yes.

There are actors who can do both; his time has past , but Hugh Jackman could have been incredible Bond, He has the charm of Moore and can be as blunt and brutal as Craig. I want an actor cut from this mold who will give the franchise the flexibility to explore a range of tones.

Elba. Idris Elba.

He’s too old now.He just turned 50. I wouldn’t mind seeing him play M though.

AstonLotus wrote: »
    I don't care if Bond goes light or dark. I like OHMSS and LTK just as much as I like YOLT and TMWTGG. I just don't want any more soap opera dramatics, questioning Bond's relevancy, or psychobabble about his psyche.

Yes.

There are actors who can do both; his time has past , but Hugh Jackman could have been incredible Bond, He has the charm of Moore and can be as blunt and brutal as Craig. I want an actor cut from this mold who will give the franchise the flexibility to explore a range of tones.

Elba. Idris Elba.

By the time B26 gets underway he'll probably be 56 or 57. Roughly Sir Roger's retirement from the role age.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Welp. Good news for some, I suppose. Me, I despise Amazon and its founder so I'll stick with the blu rays. I'm a big fan of physical media anyway. Not just for Bond but for a lot of other things.

Were that the only change... : ) you may have to expect input from dear Jeff regarding direction, casting, budget, etc... you know he's a fan and has ideas... I see Bond in a penis rocket to the moon for B26.
    The lady lead will be named Alice in the next one. And Bond will say, "To the moon, Alice ! To the moon !"
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Yes.

Elba. Idris Elba.

By the time B26 gets underway he'll probably be 56 or 57. Roughly Sir Roger's retirement from the role age.

I see a lot of bookies favouring Cillian Murphy right now.Also will not happen as he’s too old at 45.They will most likely cast someone on the young side in their early to mid thirties so they can have him for a certain number of films.

The lady lead will be named Alice in the next one. And Bond will say, "To the moon, Alice ! To the moon !"

stop giving them ideas.... as Alice and the moon will become the new bond's vesper... and the last film in the five part series will have bond suffacating on the moon saying we made it alice.. we made it...!
    Risico007 wrote: »
    MSL49 wrote: »
    Lighter with no personal baggage.

Bond versus Mobsters would be that.

I'm all in. I wrote a blog on the very subject here -
    http://broadcastingtechnologyindustry.blogspot.com/2021/

Yes.

Elba. Idris Elba.

Old. Too old.
    I see a lot of bookies favouring Cillian Murphy right now.Also will not happen as he’s too old at 45.

He's too short anyway. I work where they film Peaky and they stand him on a box when he has to kiss the girls.
  • No Time To Die was the perfect ending to the series. Bond films will clearly continue to be made because they still make money. For me it will be difficult to watch a younger Bond flirting with Moneypenny, fighting the villain, getting the girl after what we saw at the end of NTTD. 25 is enough. It's all been done before.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 1,693
    I don't think Amazon will allow for a huge lag time between films from this point on as well as other input. Definitely a new era of Bond going forward from here. I wonder if Barbara will eventually step down from Bond in order to concentrate of Craig's career on Broadway and other film projects?
    delfloria wrote: »
    I don't think Amazon will allow for a huge lag time between films from this point on as well as other input. Definitely a new era of Bond going forward from here. I wonder if Barbara will eventually step down from Bond in order to concentrate of Craig's career on Broadway and other film projects?

She’s clearly more interested in Craig and his career than Bond.I think you may be right.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I wonder if Barbara will eventually step down from Bond in order to concentrate of Craig's career on Broadway and other film projects?

She’s clearly more interested in Craig and his career than Bond.I think you may be right.

Really? I guess I haven't been paying attention.

• peterpeter Toronto

Because she AND MGW are producing one of his plays? 🙄

It’s not how they run EON.

But it seems you have a firm grasp on what’s clear and what’s not, I’m waiting for AstonLotus Film Inc….
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    peter wrote: »

But it seems you have a firm grasp on what’s clear and what’s not, I’m waiting for AstonLotus Film Inc….

I hope this doesn't lead to some sort of furore, as I'm no supporter of it, but please, permission to laugh....because I find this funny :))
  • To the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with DC taking on the role of supposed "007" once played by Sean Connery.

Also, what if the producer did a one movie deal with Hugh Jackman just to make Daniel Craig pissed off as payback for killing JB? DC mocked the idea of HJ taking over after him.
    Yes, Both Barbara and MGW are producing Craig's play on Broadway at the moment. Worried about them spreading themselves so thin when the new Bond ,as always, needs all hands on deck.

There may be some truth in what he said though. It does leave an impression that she adores Craig more than Bond itself. It will be interesting to see how she behaves with the next actor in the role (if she is still around and doesn't step down beforehand).
  • What I'd love, now that Amazon have completed takeover, is for a TV series with Tim Dalton returning. I'd pay to see that. I know it won't happen but can only dream.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 12,837

There may be some truth in what he said though. It does leave an impression that she adores Craig more than Bond itself. It will be interesting to see how she behaves with the next actor in the role (if she is still around and doesn't step down beforehand).

Nah. I’d say she seems more satisfied with Craig’s run than she did Brosnan’s, but I don’t think that means she cares about more about Craig than her family legacy. She fawns over him in interviews, but why wouldn’t she? She’s worked closely with Craig for sixteen years, he’s made her a lot of money and turned her franchise into a critical darling. And what sort of producer (or businesswoman) would she be if she didn’t try to keep her golden goose on for as long as possible? Nothing suspect about EON producing some of his non Bond stuff either. He’s a draw, a cracking actor and they’ve got a great relationship. Cubby and Harry offered non Bond projects to Connery, and helped set him up with Hitchcock when he turned those down. Just seems like she’s a good producer to me, same as her dad.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2022 Posts: 14,861

There may be some truth in what he said though. It does leave an impression that she adores Craig more than Bond itself..

It doesn’t to me; it just suggests they’re a successful professional partnership.She’s not some sort of an infatuated schoolgirl, she’s a very successful professional, and she’s been working on the Bond films way longer than her father ever did.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 3,271
    mtm wrote: »

There may be some truth in what he said though. It does leave an impression that she adores Craig more than Bond itself..

It doesn’t to me; it just suggests they’re a successful professional partnership.She’s not some sort of an infatuated schoolgirl, she’s a very successful professional, and she’s been working on the Bond films way longer than her father ever did.

MGW's general response to all the Bond actors is far more measured and professional, as was Cubby's.

Let's see how she is with the next actor.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Anyone considered that she’s just, oh I don’t know doing her job as a producer, and using that power to help out an actor whose she spent 15 years with on the same franchise, and as thanks for all his hard work decides to produce something he’s incredibly passionate about? But no of course, it’s this site we’re talking about, it means she only cares about Craig, and that producing one play is gonna take up so much of her time that Bond 26 will be a failure and you can all have another conversation about selling the franchise to another production company that’ll probably ruin it anyway and then you’ll complain some more…
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Producing a play is hardly the most time consuming thing in the world either, regardless of whether it's on broadway or not. She can do whatever the hell she likes, as far as I'm concerned. Bond 26 will arrive when it's ready.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    It's a ridiculous notion; Barbara Broccoli has been boiled down to not being the professional she is, but an infatuated school girl.

A poster above says MGW is far more measured when dealing with the actors, yet he is ALSO one of the producers on MacBeth.

Just absolute silliness and shows these posters are way off the mark (tainted by the dislike they had for this era, no doubt. Hate the five films, fine. But trying to assess a flesh and blood human being as some love struck fool is showing a lack of nuance (a producer can respect and continue to work with a highly talented individual to create more art/business, and not be some sexed up air head- shocking, I know!)).