Famous Movie Lines Quiz

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'll guess an older film, which slightly narrows it down, possibly Monroe, since you're a big fan of hers.

I'm kicking myself for not seeing more of her films. 'Some Like It Hot'?
    Yes, you have it @Creasy, not said by Marilyn but Osgood in one of the funniest end lines in cinema.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So many other of her films I need to get around to watching.

"Forget peace for now. We have to show them we're strong."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    This one sounds so familiar. I say that every time, but I mean it! :D

Munich comes to mind. Something I saw/heard recently I know...

Yes, I think it is it. I think of Iran and Israel's fight, and then Avner's handler I believe, telling them they can't yet join talks with Iran until they show them they can fight back and won't be stomped on.
    This one sounds so familiar. I say that every time, but I mean it! :D

Munich comes to mind. Something I saw/heard recently I know...

Yes, I think it is it. I think of Iran and Israel's fight, and then Avner's handler I believe, telling them they can't yet join talks with Iran until they show them they can fight back and won't be stomped on.

Correct! Prime Minister of Israel Golda Meir talks amongst her staff and uses that quote. It's as she finalizes her decision for them to take out the retaliation assassinations.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I, too, swear that I know all of these quotes, it's just that I can't pinpoint the film. So many things running through my mind right now.
    BUMP
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Bogart's finest hour. The Maltese Falcon.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,699

That's Bogie from The Maltese Falcon, ne-c'est pas...?

Bogart's finest hour. The Maltese Falcon.
    Of course. That was too easy.
    "I am alone, I am not lonely."
    Mmm, is that 'Heat,' @CraigMooreOHMSS? It's either that or something else on my mind, I'm thinking.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Mmm, is that 'Heat,' @CraigMooreOHMSS? It's either that or something else on my mind, I'm thinking.

You're very much correct Creasy! Spoken by De Niro as only he can speak.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,371
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, I love that movie so much. Still stands as one of, if not the, best bank robbery film around.

I'll go with one that should be fairly simple for anyone who has seen the film:

"Rosebud..."
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Erm, Citizen Kane, perchance...?
    Yes, it indeed is.
    Cheers, mate. The next one then is...

"Now there are just two of us ... who can close our eyes and remember those few young men with hope in our hearts and wings on our heels..."
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    St_George wrote:
    Cheers, mate. The next one then is...

"Now there are just two of us ... who can close our eyes and remember those few young men with hope in our hearts and wings on our heels..."

Debbie Does Dallas? :P

Just kidding. ;-) Chariots Of Fire?
    BUMP
    It is Chariots of Fire, I'm certain of it, I've seen the movie a few times, just recognized the line at once

Dimi was first though, so give it to him
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,699
    Dimi was first though, so give it to him

Erm, yes sir. Not sure you needed to point that out, you know, given it was obvious. ;)

Over to you then, Dimster...! :)
    BUMP. You are up @Dimi.
    Sorry about the delay, folks.

Okay, her goes:

All I'm trying to do is help you understand that The Name of The Rose is merely a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted downward trajectory.
    Ahh, that's 'Trainspotting,' isn't it?
    Good one, @Creasy47! I tried to type it in Scottish but I couldn't. ;-)

Your turn, sir.
    Haha, very nice. ;)

"Bring your drink, leave my knife."
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
    @DarthDimi, correct, your turn.
    There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening.
    'A Clockwork Orange.'