NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Critical Reaction and Box Office Performance

Comments

• manovermanover uk
    I wonder how long they will keep it on and how much dollars it will make!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    They said it’s a limited run so don’t expect millions…
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Being an IMAX exclusive already limits its box office enough, but in this case it's only select IMAX theaters.

There's two theaters with IMAX close to me, but one is only playing it while the other is doing Spider-Man.
  • MeanwhileMeanwhile Brooklyn
    edited January 2022 Posts: 32
    Anyone in NYC wanna go?

My friends have already seen it too many times and I’ve missed seeing it on a real IMAX screen.

• I hope the IMAX re-release will happen in Canada as well! Right now, theatres are closed in Ontario but look to re-open at the end of the month. I haven't bought the film digitally yet, still hoping for a 3rd cinema visit with family.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 4,343
    Next Sunday Spidey will cross the £90M mark in the UK. At this rate even SP and NTTD are at risk. Avatar will surely be topped but since NWH has zero competition for another month I feel both the last two Bonds will be unfortunately topped as well.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 4,343
    Speaking about the IMAX re-release in the US, NTTD grossed just $76K from 169 locations.

In the meantime, it looks like NTTD will be re-released in IMAX in the UK as well the upcoming weekend.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Next Sunday Spidey will cross the £90M mark in the UK. At this rate even SP and NTTD are at risk. Avatar will surely be topped but since NWH has zero competition for another month I feel both the last two Bonds will be unfortunately topped as well.

We can’t let that happen.
    matt_u wrote: »

We can’t let that happen.

NWH is also pushed by the fact that it won’t be available for PVOD til February 28. £90M crossed… let’s see if Moonfall will slow it down a bit next weekend. It only needs £5.2M to top Spectre. I believe NTTD would be close to £96.7 after this weekend IMAX re-release.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    No Time To Die is being rereleased in the full 1:43 imax aspect ratio at The Science Museum.

https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/see-and-do/bond-no-time-die-12a

Thursday 3rd and Saturday 5th March.
    Lucky b. living in London…!

In the meantime by the end of this month Spidey will top Avatar. The question now is if Bond would be able to keep 3 films in the top 5 ever in the UK. NTTD looks kinda safe… but SP is at risk. Only £3.4M to go…
    So, here are the latest results from France : NTTD is second with 4 007 417 seats sold, after SM : NWH, which is first with 6 901 107 seats sold.

http://www.jpbox-office.com/charts_france.php?filtre=datefr&infla=0&variable=2021
  • matt_u wrote: »

For personal reasons I hope Spidey manages to top 'em.
    It will probably fall inbetween the two. Spidey has the privilege to benefit from a very long theater only window (with poor competition as well) since it’s will be available on PVOD February 28. Hopefully Death in the Nile will take a lot of premium screens next weekend.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Does anyone else like NTTD but not seem vey interested in rewatching it for awhile? Like me? I wish I could go enjoy one of these IMAX screenings but I enjoyed my second viewing less than my first and don't want to risk it.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    LucknFate wrote: »
    Does anyone else like NTTD but not seem vey interested in rewatching it for awhile? Like me? I wish I could go enjoy one of these IMAX screenings but I enjoyed my second viewing less than my first and don't want to risk it.

I enjoyed a good majority of it. But have yet to buy it and only saw it once
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I was highly anticipating the 4K, got it a day early, watched it, but the film's just so weighty and long that I doubt I'll be rewatching it the way I do with GE, QoS and other installments.
    Can’t relate. Saw it three times in theaters once at home, and I want to see it again sometime soon.
    I always distance myself with newly released films before seeing them again after theaters. I rate SKYFALL in my top tier Bond films, but I didn’t want to rewatch it so soon after home video release. Now I feel like I am always down to watch it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Does anyone else like NTTD but not seem vey interested in rewatching it for awhile?

Loved it, but I can wait. Probably up for a Bondathon some time later this year.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I enjoyed it on second viewing but I've no urge to go and rewatch it again. I've watched a couple of clips, though (specifically the PTS).
    I enjoyed it immensely on 4K, far more than viewings in Cinema. Have to say, it doesn't feel as long as SF/SP. But agree, I probably wont warch it as often as the others! ( Think QOS is my most watched Craig movie, and not just because of the short running time!)
    Does anyone else like NTTD but not seem vey interested in rewatching it for awhile?

Loved it, but I can wait. Probably up for a Bondathon some time later this year.

That's how I feel, think I might do another Bondathon later in the year so I can finally see how NTTD holds up amongst all the others.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's how I feel, think I might do another Bondathon later in the year so I can finally see how NTTD holds up amongst all the others.

Look forward to both yours and my own.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Look forward to both yours and my own.

Same here! My last one was quite unique compared to lists in previous years so I'm looking forward to seeing how it all holds up and especially where NTTD ends up.
    edited February 2022 Posts: 1,419
    Thank you for a string of sober comments, I actually feel better about the movie and my position on it. I think, for many of us to hold it at such distance given what it is, it was certainly excellent filmmaking. I remember a lot of it and that's why I don't feel a need to revisit. I think it's because they're more emotional memories than I've had in a Bond movie before that makes them stick, but also not always primed for revisiting.

I'd wager NTTD gets watched slightly less than OHMSS for me, for similar reasons.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    For me the fact that they dwell on the events of the ending very little, gives it a lot of rewatchability. It happens, small great scene with M and co, Maddie and Mathilde in the car, and that’s it. If they had made a huge thing of it with a memorial, and who knows whatever else, it would have been a lot tougher to casually revisit. I’ve rewatched it many times at this point and would easily watch it again tonight even.
    For me the fact that they dwell on the events of the ending very little, gives it a lot of rewatchability. It happens, small great scene with M and co, Maddie and Mathilde in the car, and that’s it. If they had made a huge thing of it with a memorial, and who knows whatever else, it would have been a lot tougher to casually revisit. I’ve rewatched it many times at this point and would easily watch it again tonight even.

That’s an issue I had with BATMAN V SUPERMAN. It dwells on a sloooow montage for Superman’s funeral, characters lamenting over his loss, all in sixteen minutes from his death to the end credits, in what is essentially only his second appearance. And it all fell flat, because it doesn’t take a genius to know that Supes is coming back in the very next film resurrected. So what’s the point of all the heavy dramatics?
    edited February 2022 Posts: 1,419

It's not just the ending for me. Some stuff with leaving Madeleine (even though I really don't care for her) at the start, some of the Bond trying a family stuff I found quite emotional personally, and then Felix. I'm fine, I can watch the movie. But having all of that in one movie is a lot to ask on subsequent viewings.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited February 2022 Posts: 5,921

The pace is perfect. It is very well-edited.

Also, appropo of nothing, I love the (intentionally hilarious?) moment when Safin casually deserts Mathilde. I do think at this point that she should have wandered out to the poison garden, to be saved by someone (Nomi? Bond?). That location is a bit underused.