'I'm Too Old For This ****' Lethal Weapon 5 aka Lethal Finale...

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Ha! On another forum folks were bewildered by my age, one claiming they pictured me as being in their 50s, in a bathrobe smoking a pipe.

I mean I wish I was Bruce Campbell in an Old Spice commercial, but nobody can be but Bruce Campbell.

It was definitely an 'N' word....
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    naughty-naughty-naughty.gif
  • One thing that caught me on rewatch. It's the bit when Riggs decides to mess with a jay walker by pretending he's going to kill him on the street "we can make it look like a suicide!" "no, there's video cameras!"

Like wooooowww... that would NOT play today. Especially given what we know of Mel's behavior in private. WOOF.
    I’m confused. What does Mel’s private life have to do with a cop threatening a jay-walker with suicide? Is this something Mel did to someone or threatened to do? I’m always amazed by all sorts of crap being hurled at the guy. Yeah he was drunk and he made anti-Semitic remarks. But what does that have to do with any of this?

One thing that caught me on rewatch. It's the bit when Riggs decides to mess with a jay walker by pretending he's going to kill him on the street "we can make it look like a suicide!" "no, there's video cameras!"

Like wooooowww... that would NOT play today. Especially given what we know of Mel's behavior in private. WOOF.
    I’m confused. What does Mel’s private life have to do with a cop threatening a jay-walker with suicide? Is this something Mel did to someone or threatened to do? I’m always amazed by all sorts of crap being hurled at the guy. Yeah he was drunk and he made anti-Semitic remarks. But what does that have to do with any of this?

I was thinking more of this video rather than his infamous DUI. Fun fact, she’s Timothy Dalton’s ex and is mother to his son.

I like Mel as an actor, but am willing to admit that like Tom Cruise and Charlie Sheen he’s got serious issues.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think he's a fantastic movie star and he's more than still got it, but I wouldn't want to meet him.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Many creative people are very complex; often they are equal parts of light and dark.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 8,000
    Certainly. Look at all the great modern pioneers. Walt Disney. Steve Jobs. Jeff Bezos. Mark Zuckerberg. All famous self made millionaire/billionaire American geniuses that made an undeniable mark in history for good. And yet they’re also the prime examples to total a-holes.
    Just wondering who here ever thought Mel was NOT nuts... his performance in the first Lethal Weapon movie must have let you in on it.... ;))
  • slide_99slide_99 USA
    edited January 2022 Posts: 648
    Compared to people like Weinstein and many others implicated in MeToo, regardless of his language, Mel comes off as a saint in an industry filled with very unsavory people. I seriously doubt he's ever used his power to actually abuse anyone.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 8,000
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Just wondering who here ever thought Mel was NOT nuts... his performance in the first Lethal Weapon movie must have let you in on it.... ;))

I remember when I first saw LA CONFIDENTIAL for the first time I wondered how much acting Russell Crowe was doing vs just being himself every time he got into a brawl out. :))

slide_99 wrote: »
    Compared to people like Weinstein and many others implicated in MeToo, regardless of his language, Mel comes off as a saint in an industry filled with very unsavory people. I seriously doubt he's ever used his power to actually abuse anyone.

Agreed- Mel never abused anyone. He just mouthed off in private (that turned public) in a moment of substance abuse fueled insanity. He's definitely a nut, just not a terrible one.
    Wait, so Anthony Hopkins is really a cannibal????
    There are assholes and there are criminals. Mel isn’t the latter. No one has ever tried saying he was Weinstein level.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Wait, so Anthony Hopkins is really a cannibal????
    Yeah, probably.
    I played a crazy driver in a movie once, and that was the real me.
    Mark Hamill has powers...

:))
    Hahaha, and Sean Connery actually hit wom-

Oh, right.
    talos7 wrote: »
    :))

No, I'm actually like Speed Racer. They had permits & police to let me go nuts. Still the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
  • slide_99 wrote: »
    Absolutely correct!!

Or think about Polanski or Woody Allen. No one ever seems to drag them over the coals. Gee, I wonder if the fact that they aren’t right wingers has something to do with it.
  • Certainly. Look at all the great modern pioneers. Walt Disney. Steve Jobs. Jeff Bezos. Mark Zuckerberg. All famous self made millionaire/billionaire American geniuses that made an undeniable mark in history for good. And yet they’re also the prime examples to total a-holes.
    Lol, Walt Disney? Really? Never heard anything about him.
    slide_99 wrote: »
    Absolutely correct!!

Or think about Polanski or Woody Allen. No one ever seems to drag them over the coals. Gee, I wonder if the fact that they aren’t right wingers has something to do with it.

Nobody accused Mel Gibson of being a criminal. I don’t know why you’d even bring those people up.

I’ll trust Mel Gibson as a director before I ever trust the likes of pedophiles like Bryan Singer and such.
    @peter

Your scoop has has been used in a story. Do you have any more tidbits? Man I want this film to happen.

http://www.manlymovie.net/2022/01/gibson-is-directing-lethal-weapon-5.html)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Jesus! Check your inbox @talos7
  • Mel Gibson is a man with serious issues.
    Mel Gibson is a man with serious issues.

Hopefully in the past.
    Hopefully he's chewing raw onions and dog biscuits instead of drinking.
    It’s been some time since he’s engaged in any perceived outrageous behavior. We all have our demons, hopefully he’s dealt with his.

I’m pumped to think that a fully engaged, OSCAR, winning director may be helming LW5. Donner asking Mel to direct will no doubt inspire him to bring his A game.
    I saw a promo for Entertainment Tonight that featured Mel and Lethal Weapon 5; hopefully we'll get a confirmation.
    Looking forward to it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2022 Posts: 14,861
    I love the classy touch of the handwritten note ‘died July 5 2021’ on the photo of Dick Donner! :D

Fun news though, well done Peter for cracking it first.