No Time to Die on Blu-ray

1323334353638»

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I think an ambiguous ending would be cowardly.

I admire the filmmakers for showing Bond get blasted to oblivion. Bond fans should be grateful for having filmmakers make those kind of decisions.

Agreed.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited January 2022 Posts: 3,018
    Have you guys seen this? Haven't found the video yet. Join the hunt

Contraband wrote: »

Oh wow! Hope someone finds a video/it gets posted.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    @Feyador
    We are not privy with his thoughts? What are you talking about..? It’s a movie and the movie clearly established that Bond doesn’t escape because he would’ve carried the deadly nanobots. This is getting tiresome.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,895
    Agree with matt_u that there was never any long-term plan to kill Bond. Craig himself said that when he raised the idea in 2006, even though BB said yes in the car, the answer from EON 'was a no, for years' and he even forgot about it himself. Also, the leaked Sony/MGM emails show that SP was originally planned as 'Bond's last mission', but they don't contain any reference to his death. That indicates that the idea wasn't on the table as part of Craig's last contracted Bond film. Taken together, this supports the suggestion that Bond's death was Craig's condition for making NTTD and that EON said ok as the price for making the film at all. An alternative is that Barbara Broccoli remembered Craig's suggestion from 2006 and used it to lure him back: 'Barbara can be very persuasive', as he said.
    All this back and forth on the finale is very interesting.

I wrote back in 2007 on another forum that the only way to top CR was to kill Bond in the next, and also use the garden of death (which implies Bond's death), it was a slam dunk to me, and I expected this to happen way sooner.

Craig but also Barbara got the same idea clearly, (or maybe they read it as I'm 100% certain back then someone would browse the boards and make reports to EON about what the fans are saying), it wasn't difficult to come up with the idea if you read FRWL and YOLT.

Was the plan long term? No, it was an idea, and ideas in EON's world come and go, floating in the ether until they get realised.

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Stamper wrote: »
    All this back and forth on the finale is very interesting.

I wrote back in 2007 on another forum that the only way to top CR was to kill Bond in the next, and also use the garden of death (which implies Bond's death), it was a slam dunk to me, and I expected this to happen way sooner.

Craig but also Barbara got the same idea clearly, (or maybe they read it as I'm 100% certain back then someone would browse the boards and make reports to EON about what the fans are saying), it wasn't difficult to come up with the idea if you read FRWL and YOLT.

Was the plan long term? No, it was an idea, and ideas in EON's world come and go, floating in the ether until they get realised.

"You used to be able to get into a room with ideas. Now, they're just floating in the ether "
    BMB007 wrote: »

Would dearly love to see this!
    edited January 2022 Posts: 3,018
    RogueAgent wrote: »

@RogueAgent @BMB007

Turns out it was a live feed primarily for SAG-AFTRA members as NTTD is being considered for SAG AFTRA award nominations at the time.

All videos here:

https://www.uareleasingguilds.com/?id=notimetodieabout

It is a full blown presentation of the NTTD production (Awards consideration page). Even the script has been released.

@RogueAgent @BMB007

Turns out it was a live feed primarily for SAG-AFTRA members as NTTD is being considered for SAG AFTRA award nominations at the time.

All videos here:

It is a full blown presentation of the NTTD production (Awards consideration page). Even the script has been released.

Appreciate the link!
  • Contraband wrote: »

@RogueAgent @BMB007

All videos here:

I can't believe that's public! And I feel bad for David Dencik, Dali Benssalah and Rory Kinnear for being ignored for the Best Supporting Actor consideration!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited January 2022 Posts: 8,000
    Looking up John Cork’s resume. Has he retired for good? I always hoped he would one day do more “Inside” documentaries for the remaining Bond films, as he only went as far as LTK. His last special feature docs for Bond were for the 2008 Collector’s Edition for CR.

As a teenager getting into Bond for the first time in the early 2000s, those “Inside” docs from the DVDs were a major part of what made me appreciate Bond films. I loved seeing the cast and crew reflecting on the making of the films.

The only thing that would be sorely missing is Patrick Macnee’s narration, but I’m sure there would be other suitable candidates to carry on that narration.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    For those who either missed it or don't have a 4K player, the Being James Bond documentary is now on the official Bond YouTube channel:

Well worth it, not least to see the full shot of Craig's final scene as he goes down the alley and turns the corner til he's out of sight.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Watched that yesterday. It was both funny and moving.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Venutius wrote: »
    Well worth it, not least to see the full shot of Craig's final scene as he goes down the alley and turns the corner til he's out of sight.

I was upset they didn't keep that full shot in the film, for the diehard fans at least.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,895
    Yes, it's a significant moment in Bond history and I'd've liked it to have been in the film, even if just as a nod to the hardcore. I really wish they had kept it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Venutius wrote: »
    Yes, it's a significant moment in Bond history and I'd've liked it to have been in the film, even if just as a nod to the hardcore.

A few more seconds wouldn't have mattered much in a film that lasts 163 minutes.
    Exactly - it's not as if it was trimmed to help the running time! A genuine shame, this.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Not as cool as Connery’s last shot being put into a coffin.

"Stan secures James Bond’s No Time to Die
    Streaming player Stan has extended its long-term exclusive partnership with the Hollywood studio that owns the James Bond franchise, beating out rival Foxtel which was understood to be interested in the films.

Stan has signed a new output deal with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, an agreement that shores up new international films and TV programs for its subscribers and will give them access to Daniel Craig’s final outing as Bond, with No Time To Die to be added to the existing collection of the action franchise on the platform in 2023.

MGM was one of the first Hollywood studios to sign agreements with Stan before its launch in 2015. The current deal was signed in 2018 and has now been extended for a number of years, securing important content for the subscription platform at a critical time as the streaming market in Australia becomes more competitive.

It was understood Foxtel was keen to sign a larger output deal with MGM to complement existing contracts from some films.

Acting Stan chief executive Martin Kugeler said: “MGM is one of the world’s most instantly recognisable Hollywood studios. Its iconic film and television content is celebrated around the world. We look forward to continuing our partnership with MGM – and further building on Stan’s local leadership position in market with more first-run exclusive series and blockbuster films to complement our unrivalled line-up of Australian-made originals.”

MGM created shows like The Handmaid’s Tale and Fargo while the extended deal will bring new shows including Billy the Kid, supernatural psychological thriller The Box and French Riviera-set series The Reunion.

Amazon is acquiring MGM in a $US8.45 billion ($11.9 billion) deal that is expected to close next year, making the timing of Stan signing an extended output deal with the Hollywood studio time-critical. Once the deal goes through it is expected Amazon will look to shift MGM content onto its streaming service Amazon Prime Video, much like Disney has done with its Disney+.

The shine of the streaming market is starting to dim, with investors’ appetite slowing. Shares in the streaming behemoth Netflix tumbled almost 20 per cent in late January after it announced it had only added 8.3 million subscribers in the fourth quarter, not quite reaching the previous guidance of 8.5 million.

The Nine-owned Stan and Foxtel-owned Binge content model is also coming under pressure. They both are content aggregators, growing their subscriber base by acquiring marketable content from production companies and Hollywood studios.

However, the shift by US entertainment giants, as witnessed in Disney and ViacomCBS launching their own streaming platforms Disney+ and Paramount+, means the likes of Stan and Foxtel have less content to choose from, sending prices for content on the market up while they also must invest in their own local productions to supplement the dwindling international content pipeline.

In August, Stan extended two of its major Hollywood output deals with WarnerMedia and Lionsgate respectively, building upon deals initially signed in 2015 and 2016. It also signed a deal with NBCUniversal in August 2020.

But Stan has also missed out on some deals, with WarnerMedia’s HBO signing with Foxtel’s Binge in 2020 while the launch of Paramount+ in Australia in August last year resulted in some Showtime content disappearing from Stan’s library.

Foxtel’s critical HBO contract expires at the end of 2023 while NBCUniversal, home of I Hate Suzie and Girls5Eva, is in advanced talks with a number of local media companies about its options in the Australian market for streaming platform Peacock.

These factors mean players like Stan have to diversify to remain competitive with subscribers as they jockey to claim the title of Australia’s second favourite streaming service, with Netflix the clear leader of this country’s entertainment streaming market, with an estimated 6 million users.

According to research from Media Partners Asia’s research platform, AMPD, Australia had 19.4 million streaming subscriptions at the end of the third quarter of 2021, with Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video commanding a 15 per cent share each of the streaming base to be in line to be Australia’s second favourite streaming platform, while Stan had a 13 per cent share of subscriptions.

Parent company Nine Entertainment (the owner of this masthead) noted at the company’s full-year financial results in August that it had attracted 250,000 active subscribers, with Stan overall sitting at 2.4 million active subscribers.

Stan’s foray into live sport, with the launch of Stan Sport as a $10 add-on in February last year, is designed to make the platform more compelling for viewers, with the platform now boasting a sports offering across tennis, rugby, football and motorsports.

It is also pushing into the pay-per-view category, previously the dominion of Foxtel and Fetch TV, kicking the offering off on March 23 with the boxing heavyweight clash Turf War as former All Black and NRL star Sonny Bill Williams takes on ex-Sydney Swans AFL star Barry Hall.

Both Stan Sport and Stan Event are designed to bring in new subscribers and increase the platform’s average revenue per user (ARPU), which is often used as a metric of success because it is an indicator of the profitability of a product based on the amount of money generated from each of its subscribers."

https://www.afr.com/companies/media-and-marketing/stan-secures-james-bond-s-no-time-to-die-20220201-p59szj
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 13,879
    I finally bought NTTD on disc! Was gonna purchase it a while back, but thought I'd wait to see if I get gifted it for Christmas.

I bought the 2-disc DVD as well as the UHD + Blu-Ray set for under 40 bucks. I'm happy with that outcome. That marks my first Blu-Ray disc purchase, believe it or not.

I'll keep buying the films in DVD format until they're no longer a thing because I have fond memories of collecting all the UE ones in 2007.

I also have the 3-disc CR set on DVD and QOS DVD with a lenticular hologram cover.

I'm expecting the NTTD UHD disc to freeze up a bit on VLC player, even with the tweak.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Premium Blu-Ray company Blufans is making a steelbook edition of No Time To Die that looks inexplicably better than the one that came out back in 2021.

52936966193_4f9b73bfed_h.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Is this available worldwide?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Is this available worldwide?

You generally have to buy it directly from them (and they're usually in limited quantities), but they do ship worldwide.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I am still hoping they will one day release an expanded ratio version, for the imax scenes. Same with the 1:90:1 Skyfall version, but alas nothing yet…
    Mallory wrote: »
    I am still hoping they will one day release an expanded ratio version, for the imax scenes. Same with the 1:90:1 Skyfall version, but alas nothing yet…

I wish with IMAX films they release the Blu-ray with the option to watch masked to 2.35:1 or with the shifting ratios.