Time for the 25/30/35 / 40 / 50 etc.. years Bluray version of..

2»

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,416
    15 years edition of Gangs Of New York (2002) with the bonusmaterial of earlier 2 disc SE. Entertainment one of this moment only release BD without extra's.

For 2018 i like to see Fox release new 2 disc 20 years edition of Ronin (1998) with extra's of 2 disc SE dvd. Also i like to see Warner release 20 years edition of Mercury Rising with extra's of CE dvd.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I kinda figured that they would do something like this.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Of course. Well, they're not getting my money, that's for sure.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 6,844
    Titanic ran for months when it first came out. In a sense, I'm kind of surprised it ever left theaters.

0:54: "When the ship docks, I'm getting off with you."

In more ways than one, amirite? amirite?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    LOL. Never thought about that.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Hercules!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    I was a Clooney fan back in the '90s and saw THE PEACEMAKER in the cinemas. I agree with bondjames that it's underrated. A tough, exciting thriller from one of the few women directors working in the industry (Mimi Leder). I still think Leder should have gone on to have a big career as an action film director -- she could have been another Kathryn Bigelow. Clooney was probably at his physical peak in the film and, though the head-bobbing does get a little annoying at times, he gives a convincing performance and has good chemistry with Kidman.

Have to agree. Its not brilliant but has some good scenes and an excellent bomb countdown climax (not quite OP but then what is?).

I also much prefer Leder's slower but far more dramatic and scientifically credible Deep Impact to the preposterous Armageddon.

Wonder what happened to her? Didn't both of these underperform at the box office so that probably sealed her fate on big budget films.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A 20th anniversary edition of TND would be nice!
    Not Bluray, but what the world needed in 2017 was another remake of YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE.
    Now I have to wait until 2027.
    you_only_live_twice_by_james_mi6-d5118ft.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Less than a week before 2018 now...

10 years of:
    Taken
    Quantum of Solace
    The Dark Knight
    Iron Man
    Gran Torino
    Rambo 4
    Valkyrie
    In Bruges

20 years of...
    Saving Private Ryan
    Ronin
    Armageddon
    Rush Hour
    American History X

30 years of...
    Die Hard
    Rain Man
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    The Naked Gun
    Beetlejuice
    A Fish Called Wanda
    Mississippi Burning
    Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

40 years of...
    Superman
    Halloween
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers

50 years of...
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Bullitt
    Once Upon a Time in the West
    The Planet of the Apes
    Rosemary's Baby
    Night of the Living Dead
    Where Eagles Dare
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,686

10 years of...
    Inglorious Basterds
    District 9
    Sherlock Holmes
    Moon
    Zombieland

20 years of...
    The Matrix
    Fight Club
    American Beauty
    Magnolia
    The Sixth Sense
    The Insider
    The Green Mile
    The Iron Giant
    Star Wars: The Phatom Menace
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Toy Story 2
    Office Space
    Ghost Dog
    The Boondock Saints
    Payback
    The World is Not Enough

30 years of...
    Do The Right Thing
    Dead Poets Society
    Abyss
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Batman
    Back to the Future 2
    Lethal Weapon 2
    Licence to Kill
    Black Rain
    The Killer

40 years of...
    Apocalypse Now
    Alien
    Nosferatu
    Life of Brian
    Mad Max
    Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    The Warriors
    Escape from Alcatraz
    Moonraker

50 years of...
    Midnight Cowboy
    Butch Cassidy and the Kid
    The Wild Bunch
    Easy Rider
    The Italian Job
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Kes
    The Army of Shadows

60 years of...
    Ben Hur
    North by Northwest
    Rio Bravo
    The 400 Blows
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,416
    Sometimes release only need update of audio from True HD to DTS-HD MA 5.1.

Easy Rider not realy need new release, i am happy with my 2015 (With disc of 2012) version from my 3 disc classic set.

Lethal Weapon 2 only need DC cut release with more bonusmaterial. The 5 disc set with cinema versions of the four movies only disapointed in my opnion it missing some extra's from dvd of Lethal Weapon 4 and shame audiocommentary not atleast include English subs.

With Disney taken over Fox, there can finaly release boxset with all Die Hards movies.
    The 3th movie is in The Netherlands a Disney movie and only BD with all extras of 2 disc dvd.

Mabey the 40 years of Superman can be reasen for Warner to release the super boxset of the five movies in The Netherlands and Belgium. All extra's from 13 disc dvd set and never in Europe released 14th disc. If needed some dvd's with bonusmaterial can be repeated. Only first movie so far whas released on BD as 4 disc set and Superman Returns as 2 disc SE BD. I never bought the 9 or 13 disc set because of low audiotracks, what also be reasen for me stil not buying the 2 disc SE DVD of the Batman movies. Because of the fact i have BD player since 2013, till moment i can't play DTS. It take 5 years longer before Warner release all 4 Batman movies on BD in set then in Uk. I whas very happy when there finaly release it in The Netherlands, the True HD sound better then other True HD tracks. But whyle Batman Uk set include Dutch subs, there making mistake not giving Dutch subs on the Superman Uk set. And like to see release with DTS-HD MA track, or there must give release a high bitrate around 3-4.

2019:

True Lies (1994) Not released on BD. 2019 is the 25th year of the movie.

Ghostbusters 2 (1989) 30 years update edition of the 2016 disc in the same popart steelbook as 2016 release, but then with Bonus disc of extra's (I don't mind if this bonus disc DVD9 or BD)

The Matrix (1999). Earlier Trilogy BD updated with DTS-HD MA 7.1 track + 2 or 3 Bonus BD's with extra's who are not taken over from 10 disc set.

And of course stil on my wishlist is 2 disc release (Update Earlier BD with DTS-HD MA 7.1 + Bonus BD) of OHMSS, Moonraker and 3 disc release of Licence To Kill and Twine (Update Earlier BD with DTS-HD MA 7.1 or DTS X + Bonus BD + More Music Soundtrack music CD).

It turn out Ronin is 1999 movie in The Netherlands, more reasen to make a new 2 disc BD atleast (Earlier BD + Bonus BD with bonusmaterial of Disc 2 of 2 disc SE.), or at disc 2 of that SE.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,686

10 years of...
    The Social Network
    Inception
    Toy Story 3
    Black Swan
    Shutter Island
    The King's Speech
    Scott Pilgrim vs the World
    127 Hours
    I Saw The Devil
    The Man From Nowhere
    13 Assassins
    The Ghost Writer
    How To Train Your Dragon
    The Fighter
    Kick-Ass
    The Town
    The A-Team

20 years of
    Memento
    In The Mood For Love
    Gladiator
    Almost Famous
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    American Psycho
    High Fidelity
    Cast Away
    Dancer in the Dark
    O Brother Where Art Thou
    Amores Perros
    X-Men
    Unbreakable
    Chicken Run
    Traffic
    Billy Elliot
    Sexy Beast
    The Patriot
    Space Cowboys

30 years of...
    Goodfellas
    Miller's Crossing
    Edward Scissorhands
    Dances with Wolves
    Home Alone
    Wild at Heart
    Total Recall
    Misery
    Pretty Woman
    The Godfather Part III
    Tremors
    Jacob's Ladder
    Awakenings
    Die Hard 2
    Back to the Future 3
    The Hunt for Red October
    Kindergarten Cop

40 years of...
    Stat Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    Raging Bull
    Airplane!
    Friday the 13th
    The Shining
    The Elephant Man
    The Blues Brothers
    Superman 2
    Flash Gordon
    The Long Good Friday

50 years of...
    Patton
    M*A*S*H
    Little Big Man
    Tora! Tora! Tora!
    Five Easy Pieces
    Kelly's Heroes

60 years of...
    Psycho
    Breathless
    L'Aventura
    The Magnificent Seven
    La Dolca Vita
    The Apartment

70 years of...
    Rashomon
    Sunset Boulevard
    All About Eve
    Cinderella

80 years of...
    Fantasia
    Pinocchio
    The Grapes of Wrath
    The Great Dictator
    Rebecca
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,416
    New edition of Fantasia with more bonusmaterial and stil with a slipcover.

The Color Purple. The Bluray not be released in The Netherlands. Next year it is 35 years of the movie 1985 - 2020.

Sometimes it turn out that movie get a new or first release in the year after it. With Ghostbusters 3 in mind i hope on a 30 years version of Ghostbuster 2.

Superman 2 mabey a good reasen to finaly release Dutch/Belgium BD superman 1 to Superman Returns 8 disc set as released already in other countrys or 7 disc set without Superman Returns. Superman returns can then rereleased as single version as happend before. There can make it a 7 disc set with 4 discs in one keepcase (2 Versions of Superman + 2 Versions of Superman 2) and 3 disc keepcase (Super 3 & 4 + Bonus Disc)
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,382
    For some reason 20 years passed since Austin Powers 2 was released just dawned on me. I remember watching that on NYE while waiting for the ball to drop
    For some reason 20 years passed since Austin Powers 2 was released just dawned on me. I remember watching that on NYE while waiting for the ball to drop

Complete with his best film to date

Batman and Robin.... I had to Clooney fans I had too...

Plus I heard an urban legend Clooney will give you your money back (within reason) on what you spent on Batman and robin)
    edited January 2022 Posts: 4,416
    2022 celebrate the year of a lot of movies. Some movie's released in 1997 who in 2017 not get 20 years edition stil can be intresting to have now 25 years edition. And 2022 is also year of 2002 movies exist 20 years. (Whyle some of them get 1998 or 2003 release in some country's).

Mist last year (2021):

The Rock (25 Years) - Disney
    The Tailor of Panama (20 Years) - Sony (Columbia Tristar)

And i think Disney missing option to release new 10 year version of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) 3 disc edition (with repeat of 3D and 2D disc) with bonus disc missing bonus material of 2 American BD bonus disc and more.

This example i made years a go:
    New 3 disc 3D Bluray release with sleeve and atleast:

Disc 1 (Earlier 3D Disc):

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1. French & Italian DTS-HD HR 7.1.
    English DD 2.0. Subs: English, French, Italian, Dutch/Nederlands, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish.

Disc 2 (Earlier 2D Disc):

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1. French & Italian DTS-HD HR 7.1.
    English DD 2.0. Subs: English, French, Italian, Dutch/Nederlands, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish.

Audio commentary. Bloopers of the Caribbean blooper reel (3:29) 2 Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean short films (2:06)

Disc 3 (BD Bonus Disc):

For Europe new Extra's from the two American bluray bonus discs: Legends of On Stranger Tides (36:16) In Search of the Fountain (10:59) Last Sail, First Voyage (8:20) Under the Scene: Bringing Mermaids to Life (9:20) 5 deleted and extended scenes w/ introductions by director Rob Marshall (8:33) Johnny Vs. Geoffrey (2:41) Organizing A Mutiny (5:13) Two Jacks (3:52) Sculpting Mermaids (5:09) Johnny And Judi (2:59) The Wild Boar (3:01)

Taken over from the dvd in the earlier BD/DVD Combopack:
    5 Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean short films (5:19)

NEW: Trailer from POTC 5. Feature about music of Stranger Tides.

Minimal subs bonus disc: English, French, Italian, Dutch/Nederlands, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish. And mabey there wil be space enough too for subs like: Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinees, Polish, Russian, Unkrain, Czech, Greek, Turkish, Arabic.

1997 - 2022 / 25 Years:
    Speed 2: It shame that Disney own Fox since a couple of years and 2022 is also 25 years of Speed 2 Cruise Control. Fox never released BD in The Netherlands, 25 years edition for The Netherlands & Belgium only with same disc as other country's have now i am happy enough.

The Saint. Earlier dvd only include trailer, but i know Swedish dvd have commentary. This movie is from Paramount and is not very long, so it should not be that dificult to make BD with that trailer and subtiteld (include English, Dutch) commentary atleast (But by prefer more) with a lot subs with movie that there using a lot.

The Peacemaker.

Titanic. In The Netherlands 1998 movie , but offical 1997 movie.

1998 - 2023 / 25 Years Next year:
    Ronin. MGM should release new 25 years BD with all extra's from 2 disc SE DVD.

And mabey we looking forward to 45 years of Superman (1978 - 2023) next year. Warner stil not releasing 8 disc BD set with first 5 movies in The Netherlands with Dutch subs, so 2023 can be year to finaly release it in The Netherlands and Belgium too.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A favorite, recommended. With a clear YOLT homage.

They did do a 10 year anniversary edition I note. (TEN YEARS! Ten years. TEN. YEEEARS! YEN YEARS!)

1997 - Grosse Point Blank, George Armitage.

john-cusack-smirk.gif