The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    TBH I find all those deepfake videos hard to watch. Funnily enough, though, someone on YouTube made a deepfake video of Luke Skywalker at the end of the Mandalorian (and compared it to the CG that was actually done on the show), and Lucasfilm ended up hiring the guy.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    edited January 2022 Posts: 573
    I don't know... To me it just looks as if Pierce and Timothy had a weird creepy baby and the baby got cast instead.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    00Heaven wrote: »
    I don't know... To me it just looks as if Pierce and Timothy had a weird creepy baby and the baby got cast instead.

:))
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,895
    Aw, hell no! I've often wondered what GE would've been like with Dalton, but that deepfake stuff is too many levels of creepage, man. Be careful what you wish for...
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

Thanks for that thought. Never sleeping again.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Thanks for that thought. Never sleeping again.

It was the video, had exactly the same thought.

And yes, I'm also stil reeling from the thought. Scary stuff.
  • I’d say the deepfake is jarring, but not quite as jarring as the one where someone placed Connery in Live and Let Die.
    The critical Drinker gives a fun retrospective on GE...

It only took seven years, but The King's Daughter was finally released.

Next one to fall, The Day the Clown Cried. And that Olga Kurylenko underwater fantasy movie.
    mattjoes wrote: »

The King’s Daughter: Pierce Brosnan’s cursed mermaid stabbing movie finally gets released

This is getting some killer reviews. I can't wait!
  • AstonLotus wrote: »

Thanks for that. It really does underline how much we've lost in terms of sheer fun. I also visited the Brosnan era after the disappointment of 'Time to Die, Everyone', and found a portion of solace. Or something like that...

The King’s Daughter: Pierce Brosnan’s cursed mermaid stabbing movie finally gets released

That article is pretty funny. So Brosnan now is "a sexy silver Colonel Sanders"!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

That article is pretty funny. So Brosnan now is "a sexy silver Colonel Sanders"!

I still haven't got a clue as to what it's about but it is a fun review
  • I just started watching Remington Steele, I am midway through the first season. Damn, I can see why Cubby wanted him for the role in the 80’s. He is everything he should have been as Bond. The scripts post-GoldenEye really let Brosnan down — which is one of the most frustrating things about his tenure, he was never the issue, imo.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    If my first impression of Brosnan was that show, I wouldn’t have wanted him. He’s such a fluff in that show with no hint of danger. Thankfully it wasn’t the approach he took with Bond, though I do wonder how it would have been in 1987 had he nabbed the role. I doubt they would have gone the LTK route with him.
    AstonLotus wrote: »

Thanks for that. It really does underline how much we've lost in terms of sheer fun. I also visited the Brosnan era after the disappointment of 'Time to Die, Everyone', and found a portion of solace. Or something like that...

😂😂😂

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    First Arecibo, now the Dome: every landmark Brosnan touches he destroys

mtm wrote: »
    First Arecibo, now the Dome: every landmark Brosnan touches he destroys

Standard operating procedure..
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    In the case of the Dome, that's a blessing really, given how much of a White Elephant, it turned out to be. The local council don't need to touch it, just hope that Storm Eunice does the job.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    In the case of the Dome, that's a blessing really, given how much of a White Elephant, it turned out to be. The local council don't need to touch it, just hope that Storm Eunice does the job.

The O2?! The major concert venue?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2022 Posts: 13,882

The O2?! The major concert venue?

Is that what occupies the Dome now? I didn't know that. I just thought that it was sat there for no reason.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2022 Posts: 14,861
    Yeah it's the biggest concert venue in London and contains a big cinema, restaurants and shops. It's not sitting there empty. Are you in the UK?
    Yeah it's the biggest concert venue in London and contains a big cinema, restaurants and shops. It's not sitting there empty. Are you in the UK?

I am. I have heard of the O2, but having not been there myself, I didn't know that it was situated in the Dome.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Okay, I'm surprised. It's not really in there, the building is actually called The O2.
    As the Millennium Dome I thought it was pretty terrible (and I cringed when it formed part of the set piece in a Bond film) but it's a nice venue now.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    When I went to London to see a concert I was genuinely surprised what they've done with the dome. They've turned it right around.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2022 Posts: 4,548
    I recently rewatched The Thomas Crown Affair. The film reminded me of why PB was a great Bond but was given a lot of sub-par material. However, I think that TTCA helped PB become a better Bond in TWINE, which I think is his best performance in the role.

Years ago, someone suggested that Sean's role in Marnie, directed by Hitchcock, led to him being a better Bond.

Same thing.

I think some further research is needed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Poor Brosnan. The side of his nose is always itching.
  • Poor Brosnan. The side of his nose is always itching.

Oh god, I wish you'd never said that. I can't get it out my head now, I'll always be noticing it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Don’t forget that his brain can’t process any heavy duty thinking unless he touches his lips.