Commander Daniel Craig CMG (New Years Honours 2022)

mtmmtm United Kingdom
edited December 2021 in Actors Posts: 14,861
There are rumours that Ms Broccoli (who already has an OBE) will be given a damehood by the Queen in the New Years honours.
Also, slightly oddly, Daniel Craig is rumoured to be about to be given the CMG (Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George) usually given to senior diplomats and spies, and which of course Ian Fleming had James Bond awarded with in the novels. So he may actually become Commander Daniel Craig CMG! :D

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/25/emma-raducanu-daniel-craig-recognised-queen-new-years-honours/

Personally I think given all she does for the British Film industry (including being Vice President of film for BAFTA) the award for Ms Broccoli makes total sense.

Comments

• astansillastansill London
    That would really annoy me if I was actually a member of the secret service / armed forces and Daniel Craig makes it to Commander.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Wait a minute : if Barbara Broccoli has an OBE, how can she receive a damehood without being first honourd with a CBE ? Unless she has the female equivalent of being a Kniht Bachelor, of course. Guess we'll know the answer next week.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2021 Posts: 14,861
    I don’t think you have to work your way up do you? I can’t pretend to know though! :)
    Was Sir Roger ever given an OBE, for example? I’m not sure he was..?

To be honest the thing about Craig getting the CMG sounds less likely than the damehood.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess we’ll find out in the morning!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2021 Posts: 14,861
    CBEs for both Ms Broccoli and Michael Wilson.

And we now have Commander Daniel Craig CMG.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59809682
    And Joanna Lumley is now a Dame.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2022 Posts: 14,861
    Anthony Horowitz got a CBE too.