Christmas 2021 007 Merch thread

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
in Merchandise Posts: 1,400
I know for a fact this year's all-007. Post what Santa brings you here!

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I have already received a lovely Bond present, though I haven't broken into them yet:

341313_600.jpg
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Ho Ho 7
    kf0n7DO.jpg
    Not 007 merch, but I got a sort of Bond related gift from my workplace this Christmas: a Chemex coffee brewing set, including a scale and a Hario drip kettle. Bond uses a Chemex Coffeemaker in the novel FRWL.

Now I only need to find somewhere to buy Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee!

Chemex-steg-2.jpg
    (A Chemex Coffeemaker and a scale quite similar to the one I got.)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Not 007 merch, but I got a sort of Bond related gift from my workplace this Christmas: a Chemex coffee brewing set, including a scale and a Hario drip kettle. Bond uses a Chemex Coffeemaker in the novel FRWL.

Chemex-steg-2.jpg

Is that all it does? ;)

Very nice present from your work, @Torgeirtrap. I could do with a few cups of coffee from that machine some mornings! :)
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Chemex-steg-2.jpg

Is that all it does? ;)

Very nice present from your work, @Torgeirtrap. I could do with a few cups of coffee from that machine some mornings! :)

As it's a hand brewing kit, it's indeed all it does! ;-)
    I'm curious how different the coffee will taste. Even if there's no much difference, I'm quite excited to get all nerdy making coffee "the Bond way".

I have some small batch filter coffee that could be a good start, but I think I will have to get myself a decent coffee grinder so that I can decide how fine I want the coffee to be.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    My christmas haul. It was a very good year.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Nice haul! I have the Bollinger bottle, thinking of buying the Playmobil set and making of book.

Didn't get anything Bond-related from other people, but I received heaps of parcels either side of Xmas that I bought myself. Does that count?
    I am tempted by the Playmobil. Loved that stuff when I was a kid. (My strongest memory is of this set, which may well have sown the seed of my biplane obsession.)

7726.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I seem to remember we shared photos of our Chrissy gifts last year, but obviously not in this thread. Request for a 2023 edit of this thread title here if suitable, cheers.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Been watching Kindle prices of the Fleming books waiting for a break.

Was excited to see $ .99 applied to each but realized I was looking at the Canada Amazon site. So they weren't available to me in the US but may be of interest to Canucks.

(I bought the Gardner collection for myself instead, at a decent price.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgPBVlr2aKbhflmkvVzCDI9EJYuj1_dQgginKGrY644Dz6XUFR
    Everyone likes to get me in the office Secret Santa because I have clearly defined hobbies and interests :)

GBfAPcHWsAAjquT.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Been watching Kindle prices of the Fleming books waiting for a break.

Was excited to see $ .99 applied to each but realized I was looking at the Canada Amazon site. So they weren't available to me in the US but may be of interest to Canucks.

(I bought the Gardner collection for myself instead, at a decent price.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgPBVlr2aKbhflmkvVzCDI9EJYuj1_dQgginKGrY644Dz6XUFR

I bought the Gardner full collection for Kindle a few years ago though it cost me £50. It's very useful when I want to search through the Gardner novels for something, though.