What song could be a great Bond Theme?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

• Lyrically, no. But the sound is definitely there.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 295
    Billy Idol Bitter Taste sounds like a No Time To Die type theme song. The song starts at 15 seconds mark.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Love Billy’s new stuff…
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    FKA Twigs' song from the new The Kings Man film: so no wonder it has a Bondish vibe:

• Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles

Ha! I actually love Skinny Puppy, but surely you jest with this suggestion.

Ha! I actually love Skinny Puppy, but surely you jest with this suggestion.

A little, but the song is cool, and the title fits.
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 1,215
    It's really a shame that Ace of Base's title song was withdrawn from Goldeneye. The demo is solid but when I listen to the song fully produced as The Juvenile, I really feel that the song fits the film like the glove and actually feels a little better aligned with Eric Serra's score.

Tina Turner's track is great in its own right but I think this could've gone down as one of the great themes that diverged from the "Classic Bond" sound much like LALD, TLD, AVTAK, YKMN, and frankly, the rest of the Brosnan themes. It's got the Bond ballad DNA but is full of danger and "modern" 90's edge. It FEELS like Goldeneye where as Tina Turners feels like a (very well done) re-interpretation of a typical Bassey belter.

I hope for Bond 26 and beyond we go back to this direction rather than trying to recapture the 60's Bond theme aura for nostalgia points. It worked for Skyfall, being the 50th anniversary and they absolutely caught lightning in a bottle with Adele and Paul Epworth. Can't keep going back to that well though, imo.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2022 Posts: 4,416
    Instrumental (NTTD):

Mathilde
    theme

3. The name of movie used in the avatar and background picture can be a spoiler
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I heard this Tom Jones Portishead cover version for the first time in many years today and it's obviously very Bondy. I expect it's been posted in this thread a few times!

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

Honestly, I like it. Sticks in your heard once you listened to it.
    Maybe listening to it earlier this morning clouds my judgment, but I'd say a few tracks from Rush's 1993 album Counterparts could work well as Bond themes. "Cold Fire," "Cut to the Chase," and "Double Agent" especially come to mind.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2022 Posts: 4,247
    00Beast wrote: »
    Maybe listening to it earlier this morning clouds my judgment, but I'd say a few tracks from Rush's 1993 album Counterparts could work well as Bond themes. "Cold Fire," "Cut to the Chase," and "Double Agent" especially come to mind.

Yeah, I do have and immensely enjoy Rush's Double Agent. Maybe with some orchestration, it would have worked as a Bond theme. But as it is, it's pure rock music and I still love it. The same can be said about Cut To The chase & Cold Fire.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 14,800
    Thinking outside the box here (imagine this instead of YOLT or FYEO):
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 6,682

in
    Ian Fleming's
    COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
    A perfect theme for a 60s Bond film: "Soul Galore" by the great Jackie Wilson, "Mr. Excitement":