Your Bond Collection

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    After months of applications, and some very violent tryouts, they finally let me in!
    248647398_219322603626058_1408536266942560523_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=QcteThjwQ-EAX--wOYq&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh2-1.fna&oh=3f204bfddbb095c8d516f1547a672d58&oe=619F3682
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Congrats, @NickTwentyTwo! Does the keyring double as a knuckleduster?

Couple of recent acquisitions here. Amazing what you can find in your local model shop:

336651_600.jpg

And a lovely surprise from a relative with a fancy digital sewing-machine. Now I'll always know where my towel is:

FCoWG9XWUAQXcN5.jpg
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,518
    New Jeffrey Wright Lego figure makes me wish there were more Bond Lego sets! lol

258033238_232891162269202_4819395253514285019_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=d7Hdc3MB7XIAX8j-7Jw&tn=vy67SFiw7dodVEnQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh3-1.fna&oh=72405537bcc6f3305497e6c16b34de80&oe=61986A12

This one's from The Batman.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,400
    Still to come from Kris Kringle: DB5 book and the Bond Cars Definitive History book, new Corgi DBS and 1960s Goldfinger DB5, and Johnny Lighting DAD and DAF dioramas. Not shown: book and T-shirt collection.

0sLMx0V.jpg
    4EdztPr.jpg
    rBYHz7Z.jpg
    WsFTwJZ.jpg
    tNfbW3a.jpg
  • Finally got around to getting my MWTGG poster framed:
    KKEnMzk.jpg
    I put a low bid on an auction and was astonished to find I had won! I only really wanted the Airfix Little Nellie, Dragon GE figure and LTK vehicle set...

FFXMIGTXwAIwSbA.jpg
    Get Carver to do his kung fu moves!
    I'll have to put Wai Lin's arms on first or it won't be a fair fight.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Not sure if this is the right place (mods feel free to redirect me), Dame Judi Dench will be having a private signing, through GalaxyCon. You can order signed photographs or send in your own item for her to sign. I will say it's a little pricey (~$89-99) but I don't know if I'd ever be able to get Dame Judi's autograph otherwise.

https://galaxycon.com/blogs/events/judi-dench
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I put a low bid on an auction and was astonished to find I had won! I only really wanted the Airfix Little Nellie, Dragon GE figure and LTK vehicle set...

FFXMIGTXwAIwSbA.jpg

Very nice.
    Particularly the LTK set, I always wanted to get the Kenworth truck model to add to my Bond car collection, but found it hard to get!
    Anyone know where I can purchase?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That was a great haul. You can find the complete LTK set on ebay.
    I'm going to sell on the Micro Machines, as I already have a set (condition not so good but they're Mine), and probably most of the figures as they're...pretty ghastly. I'll put them in the buying/selling thread when I get round to it.
    269615588_253130550245263_6934783630741146220_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=s6g4OLyd7ZsAX_5AIJg&tn=Ql7GfT9HJk6cngP9&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh3-1.fna&oh=00_AT8SCaJZy9ODMHZS1bGpG-yIqbZBbCgKfcF4f6yssHwBKQ&oe=61C4DE50

Got this amazing Lego Typewriter for Christmas, and of course I had to type up my own manuscript for it. ;)

The typewriter is an impressive kit; when you hit any of the letter keys, throws the little hammer in the middle and sends the carriage one click to the left, and at the end you can push the whole carriage back all the way to the right. Pretty cool.
    Wow, @NickTwentyTwo, what a cool toy! And you've got a masterpiece on the go there :)
    @Agent_99 Thanks, I'll always be a little kid when it comes to Lego! And if I can make it a little bit Bond, all the better of course!

Now if only I can get my hands on enough gold pieces to convert it to a more Fleming-esque version... ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bargain of the month, I was browsing charity shops and saw this in a window and acted fast, this set incredibly was only £7, when you see how much used copies of this set are going for online its a real bargain I got here :-O

DDuviG8.jpg

EPBqijz.jpg

Xq8Pbyn.jpg
    edited December 2021 Posts: 7,518
    Bargain of the month, I was browsing charity shops and saw this in a window and acted fast, this set incredibly was only £7, when you see how much used copies of this set are going for online its a real bargain I got here :-O

DDuviG8.jpg

EPBqijz.jpg

Xq8Pbyn.jpg

Oh my god, that’s incredible.

Condition looks perfect… incredible score! Crazy jealous!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,102

DDuviG8.jpg

EPBqijz.jpg

Xq8Pbyn.jpg

Oh my god, that’s incredible.

Condition looks perfect… incredible score! Crazy jealous!

The books are in great condition not sure they have been read, the box has a few scuffs though nothing major.

I got rid of countless Bond novels I had years ago so happy with the find. A great excuse to read through physical versions of the novels, its been a while, I have a few of the books on digital copy only until this find. £7 I was in shock.
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 6,727

DDuviG8.jpg

EPBqijz.jpg

Xq8Pbyn.jpg

That's the set I own! Bought for me by my good lady wife many years ago! And I reckon she paid a lot more than 7 quid for it!!
    Well done Sir!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

DDuviG8.jpg

EPBqijz.jpg

Xq8Pbyn.jpg

That's the set I own! Bought for me by my good lady wife many years ago!

Its a great set, I am guessing this set is out of print as its going for ridiculous prices online.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , do you believe in Santa now?

I believe you make your own luck.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Very true.

Very true.

Never the less it's a great Christmas Gift to myself.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Nice score! That set cost me $80 in 2008.
    QBranch wrote: »

Cheers I only became aware what the value of the set was when I got home, it was a blind buy of sorts a no brainer at £7, I needed the paper back versions so was happy even if they were not worth much.
    QBranch wrote: »

Cheers I only became aware what the value of the set was when I got home, it was a blind buy of sorts a no brainer at £7, I needed the paper back versions so was happy even if they were not worth much.

I have a full set in a different edition, and I also would have not blinked at picking this up for the $15 CAD or whatever.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Finally got around to getting my MWTGG poster framed:
    KKEnMzk.jpg

DAF, LALD & TMWTGG had the best posters!!!
    That is a brilliant poster.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,102
    I have TMWTGG, MR and LALD poster art framed, also I have a steel sign of OP. Sir Roger had great posters for his films.