'Tis the season to be drinking: what to drink during Christmastime?

Well, the title says it all. What do you drink for Christmastime?

Comments

• Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited December 2021 Posts: 1,006
    Negroni’s. Although I’ve been quite partial to White Negroni’s lately made with Gin, Suze, and Cocchi Americano.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Brandy!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Gin is born of pine needles and magic.

So gin tonic.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Molten snow and reindeer blood.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Brandy!

QBrandy
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2021 Posts: 17,728
    Milk. It's the only thing that works.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2021 Posts: 7,518
    Negroni’s. Although I’ve been quite partial to White Negroni’s lately made with Gin, Suze, and Cocchi Americano.

The restaurant I work at has White Negronis with Gin, Elderflower Liqueur, Yellow Chartreuse, and Dolin Vermouth. They're really tasty.

I'll be drinking Godfathers and Amaretto Sours as usual.
    268039236_250039323887719_6054727225188905166_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Clr9eq1CpjYAX-7dHSd&_nc_oc=AQnrG243qbuU2GEo61-t6w6FdrTdpZiHzz--FbHGAmumeadoEHZ407ZvWvnviwKbbXQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_K-AQwv4MeBbTC1wm65H39S4ZT2V8jC-Pi2fjjLmD-qg&oe=61BEA3CD
    It's strange, so far nobody mentions (as far as I know) traditional Christmas drinks, like mulled wine. I generally drink Winter Royal from Rebellion Beer: https://www.rebellionbeer.co.uk/mobile-home/beer/full-beer-range.aspx
    And their Roasted Nuts too.
    We've been drinking a lot of mulled wine as well, my girlfriend has been making it. Pretty tasty.
    We've been drinking a lot of mulled wine as well, my girlfriend has been making it. Pretty tasty.
    I love mulled wine. But to truly enjoy it I think it needs to be drunk on a cold day.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    This time of year I like to visit the National Collection of Cider and Perry at Middle Farm:

https://middlefarm.com/cider-barn/

Bring your own container, or buy one, and fill it from their huge selection. Very Christmassy. (My favourite from a couple of years ago was a blackcurrant cider called Dark Cider The Moon.)
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    This time of year I like to visit the National Collection of Cider and Perry at Middle Farm:

https://middlefarm.com/cider-barn/

Bring your own container, or buy one, and fill it from their huge selection. Very Christmassy. (My favourite from a couple of years ago was a blackcurrant cider called Dark Cider The Moon.)

Nigella Lawson shared on Twitter a mulled cider recipe recently. I'd try that one.
    I had my first cup of mulled wine today, in a local wine shop. A freebie. It has been a long time.
    My wife doesn't like alcohol much, but she enjoys Bucks Fizz during Christmastime. There's one M&S is selling now, with clementine and cranberry juices. This is what she'll drink.
    Here's a recipe for an authentic Smoking Bishop:

Got a box of Winter Royal yesterday:https://shop.rebellionbeer.co.uk/products/winter-royal-12-x-500ml.html
    Not sure it'll last until Christmas, but I'll buy more from Rebellion Beer.
    Anybody started stocking alcohol for Christmas? Or other drinks of choice.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Bourbon. I do enjoy Maker's Mark...bottoms up 🥃
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I have been known to drink the odd glass of Shloer at this time of the year.
    Actually just made my first pot of mulled wine this year. Delicious, and soon to go on to the second no doubt.
    007HallY wrote: »
    Actually just made my first pot of mulled wine this year. Delicious, and soon to go on to the second no doubt.

I love mulled wine. Especially on a cold day. My dad drinks it with home made doughnuts. Apparently they go well together.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'll usually go for some of the heavier IPA's, Dewars and Peanut butter whiskey
    Oh, I want to get some of that peanut butter stuff. Looks amazing.

Sloe gin is a nice Christmas drink, when I've managed to make any.
    A brand new bottle of Laphroaig 10 has just arrived in time for the holidays. That one and some rum for many Dark and Stormy cocktails in short glasses will make do :)
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 2,752
    Ludovico wrote: »
    007HallY wrote: »

I love mulled wine. Especially on a cold day. My dad drinks it with home made doughnuts. Apparently they go well together.

Makes sense. Mulled wine and a mince pie's a winning combination, so I can see how that would work.
    We're only two adults in our family and my wife is not a big drinker. So making mulled wine is always a bit tricky: we never drink all that much of it. And in the end she prefers Bucks Fizz.

I bought M&S Christmas ale. Not great, but honest.
  • I do enjoy a nice mulled wine in the winter time. Additionally, as a long time resident of the San Francisco Bay area, I generally try to get my hands on the Anchor Brewing Co.'s annual Holiday brew while it's available. This year's offering is quite nice, highly recommended by me for those who can get their hands on a 6-pack or two.
    My grandfather's birthday is December 23rd, in his younger days he was bombing the hell out of U Boats in the Atlantic in a PBY Catalina, and he enjoyed a martini or two as well, and so that's how we toast him. I make a Vesper for myself, and for my parents, standard martini on the rocks.
    I'll drink to your grandfather too, @NickTwentyTwo! Sounds like quite a guy.
    Been sick so haven't drunk any alcohol in a week or so. I hope to get better before Christmas. Right now I'm only drinking tea (but a M&S' Christmas tea, so that's still seasonal).