Your most quoted Bond line in everyday life.

DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
edited July 2012 in Trivia & Games Posts: 23,449
I find myself repeating Scaramanga's line "This is the part I really like!" on a daily basis.

Which Bond quote do you bring up all the time?

Comments

Yes... Consideribly!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    We aim to please.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    TIME TO FACE GRAVITY! just kidding, but I do say The pleasure I'm sure was all mine.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,686
    There's no sense going out half-cocked
    Well... you can't win them all.
    "Bluff Mr Bond" when someone is fibbing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I've said "never again" a lot, but I am anticipating a moment to use "I never left" and walk smoothly away like Dan.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Whenever my nephew is in town, (he's the same age as me, so he's pretty much like a brother) we always manage to squeeze in an ' I wouldn't know.....' I would!'
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    I'm suprised

"there's a useful four letter word...and you're full of it!"

hasn't come up

Perhaps a line people THINK more than say.

Sometimes I like to jokingly say "yes Sir" when a woman gives me an instruction.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I'm suprised

"there's a useful four letter word...and you're full of it!"

hasn't come up

Perhaps a line people THINK more than say.

Yes, Bond doesn't want to use too much profanity, but in real life we would just say the word.
    Sometimes I just find myself quoting random Bond lines out of sheer coincidence, haha. They may or may not fit the situation at hand!
    Oooo...good one

Someone says a long word

Your response:

"(insert word) huh...wow...now there's a mouthful" :))

Hmm...perhaps not
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    "You don't have to worry about me. I'm not gonna go chasing him, he's not important...and neither was she."

I say it to myself all the time, though I'm not sure why.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    "You don't have to worry about me. I'm not gonna go chasing him, he's not important...and neither was she."

I say it to myself all the time, though I'm not sure why.

You don't say that about an ex and her new bf do you?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Myself and my father end everything we say to each other with "old man."
    @BAIN123, in all honesty, none of my exes are worth it. But, it would give more usefulness to the quote.
    When sat in front of the Bank Manager, awaiting aproval on a loan?

"Speak now or forever hold your piece!"
    "He left with his tails between his legs"
    from DAF
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2012 Posts: 12,459
    "Yes, considerably" (love that one)

and sometimes "Shocking. Positively shocking." It seems that if I say the word "shocking" in normal context of conversation, sometimes the rest pops automatically into my head! Sean is in my mind forever, it seems; other Bonds, too.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    "Beg your pardon, forgot to knock".
    Kerim wrote:
    "Beg your pardon, forgot to knock".

I can only hope you use it in the context from the film. You would be my hero, in this case.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 1,817
    Another one when I'm talking about former girlfriends: "the bitch is dead."
    When I get somewhere at the last second I always say, "Hm, bang on time." I've never cared much for that line, but I say it anyways!
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 624
    "Provided the collars and cuffs match..."
    I don't go around quoting James Bond, not intentionally anyway

Maybe one or two lines subconsciously slip out here and there but I really couldn't put a finger on what was said. Maybe 'Does it look like I give a Damn' being a prime example or even 'Switch the bloody machine off'
    While not a Bond film, I was outside of my college smoking a cigarette one day, and someone walked by and said "Smoking will kill you." My mind instantly shot to one of my favorite scenes from 'Blood Diamond,' and I replied with "Only if I live, right?"

They smirked and walked away. One of the coolest moments of my life, as sad as that may be.
    One of my favourite lines to use is this one by Sir Sean "Yes, but of course you are" or just "But of course" can use this line in a lot of situations.
    I hope nobody goes around their business saying 'Someone seems to have stuck a knife in me' (Roger Moore,Octopussy) !

• WVPoef wrote:
    One of my favourite lines to use is this one by Sir Sean "Yes, but of course you are" or just "But of course" can use this line in a lot of situations.

I thought that I had nothing to contribute to this thread but then I remembered that I used to use this line a lot in my late teens/early 20s. It's an odd, somewhat old-fashioned turn of phrase that people don't really use and it would often provoke an interested reaction in people when I used it. And it works far better than trying to be "cool" like saying "things are shaping up nicely" when meeting a girl (I'm so embarrassed that I tried using lines like that when I was 14).

Used this one today actually: "That's no problem.....no problem at all." Courtesy of Francisco Scaramanga, The Man with the Golden Gun!