Project 007 - IO Interactive - The New James Bond Video Game

Comments

• ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    That brings us back to the whole copyright debate around Bond. IOI get their licence from EON/MGM, not IFP. But EON - from what I understand - have the right to make products out of the (Fleming) books. So IOI aren’t necessarily restricted to the films. They could try to go close to the books description. We know that they will not use one of the actor‘s likenesses as the primary skin.
    However, I don’t think they will do a period piece, because they are contracted by EON and EON doesn’t do period pieces.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @ImpertinentGoon, I don't anticipate the game being a period piece, it's just a dream I have. Because I don't think we'll ever get movies that go back to that time, leaving the only possibility through a miniseries of some kind that adapts the books. The latter feels far more possible, but again, who knows if it'll ever happen.

The game would be the easiest way to tell that story, and I just love the look and feel of that time. The cars, the style, the political tensions in a recent post-WWII world, with Bond just coming into the 00 fold would be cool to see.
  • The game would be the easiest way to tell that story, and I just love the look and feel of that time. The cars, the style, the political tensions in a recent post-WWII world, with Bond just coming into the 00 fold would be cool to see.
    Definitively. While I may not be that interested in a period piece movie, the video game medium would be relevant to such setting; all the more since it could offer a new and fresh take on 60s Bond, distinct from Connery. Nevertheless, I think IoI is going to do a modern day set game.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Herr_Stockmann, I'd bet modern too. Just more up their alley, and it avoids the kind of content that would be more "controversial" to feature in a period piece game. Bond already gets enough politically targeted strikes against him, and having a game set in the 50s with the culture of that time period would be a doozy for the people who find him to be sexist, racist, blah, blah, blah.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Sorry if this has been said earlier, but I'd love a feature were you can create your own version of Bond or even chose which actor you'd like to play as. Wishful thinking on my part
  • Informe_James_BondInforme_James_Bond Dominican Republic
    Does anyone know any new information about the upcoming video game?

There was an IO Interactive post offering a move to Spain, Switzerland and Denmark - will this have to do with Project 007 locations?

:-/
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    It will be really cool if we can get to play a mission akin to being at the day of the dead festival in SP.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Does anyone know any new information about the upcoming video game?

There was an IO Interactive post offering a move to Spain, Switzerland and Denmark - will this have to do with Project 007 locations?

:-/

Unlikely, as those are the locations of their three development studios with the one in Barcelona being the newest. I believe their post was offering relocation assistance if applying to the available positions would require you to move abroad.
    I really am hopeful this game will finally end the goldeneye love

I mean I love that game too but is not even my favorite on the n64 let alone my favorite of all time
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,518
    I think it's going to be really great, I have high expectations for it, but nothing can replace Goldeneye 64 for those who love it. Too classic, too much nostalgia, etc.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I really am hopeful this game will finally end the goldeneye love

I mean I love that game too but is not even my favorite on the n64 let alone my favorite of all time

That’ll never happen. It’s OK for fans to love more than one gaming installment. I doubt anything they do will ever top how big and iconic GE 64 was.
  • Project 007 doesn’t need to top Goldeneye 64. In my opinion, Bond games have successfully escaped the shadow of that game going back to Agent Under Fire, and other titles like Nightfire, EON, FRWL, QOS, and Blood Stone have certainly managed to stand out and become their own unique experiences.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    GoldenEye is a special case. It's hard to describe now, it's sort of.... one of those 'you had to be there' situations. It was both a critical and commercial monster. There were a handful of top tier must have games for the N64, GoldenEye was one of them (along with Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time).

That said, the 2001-2004 era of Bond games is still my favourite. And to be honest, I haven't been this stocked for a new Bond game since that time.
    Sounds silly maybe, but Banjo-Kazooie was a complete masterwork, and Tooie was exactly how a video game sequel should be done; built on the same framework, change nothing fundamentally, but make high quality additions to the things that made the first great.
    I will say this the more I think about it the more I want the video game to be titled Project 007... I am sure it won't be called that but for the origin of the "new 007" James Bond i dunno Project 007 kind of works
    Sorry to reply to myself but I got an X box series X for my bday so happy ... so what game should i pick up to get ready for Project 007
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Hitman, if you haven't played those yet. No way to know how close or far from those P007 will go, but it's the main output from IOI and they are really good in their own right.
    Sorry to reply to myself but I got an X box series X for my bday so happy ... so what game should i pick up to get ready for Project 007

That's awesome, enjoy! These next gen systems are quite fun.

If I was getting a new Xbox Series X, I'd have to try out the new Halo multiplayer, but if you want to get ready for Project 007 then there's no better choice for that than IO's own Hitman series, of course.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'll third the suggestion for the Hitman games, though I haven't played Hitman 3 yet.
    I'll third the suggestion for the Hitman games, though I haven't played Hitman 3 yet.

I loved it so much more than Hitman 2, aside from the pervasive bugs that have existed since 2016.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Hitman 3 is a given. As a bonus - if you wait for a sale it generally costs next to nothing to purchase the access passes within Hitman 3 to unlock all of the locations from the first two games and play the entirely trilogy from within 3 itself.

Thinking along the lines of action/adventure - the recent Tomb Raider reboot trilogy provides lots of fun exploration and action. The entire trilogy also goes on sale all the time on the Microsoft store. Given its similarities to the Uncharted games it can feel Bond-esque at times.

And a more unlikely choice - the Max Payne series was also recently made backwards compatible, so if you've never played them, Max Payne 3 in particular is a good action thriller of a game.
    Doesn’t look like there was any mention of Bond at the Game Awards.
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 9,731

I was going to go through all the Bond video games starting with James bond the duel but uhm that hasn't really happened lol

I will do it eventually.
    You know, it's time that I finally tried 007 Legends. I could probably grab a copy sealed for about £2 now.
    You know, it's time that I finally tried 007 Legends. I could probably grab a copy sealed for about £2 now.

it not bad ... it's not great but 007 racing is far far far worse

Oh that game was frustrating. There are missions in 007 Racing, that made me dread ever going back to replay it. That mission with the forklifts was maddening, it didn't help that the cars handled awfully.

Oh that game was frustrating. There are missions in 007 Racing, that made me dread ever going back to replay it. That mission with the forklifts was maddening, it didn't help that the cars handled awfully.

I never got to it I couldnt beat the second level
  • Bueno1694Bueno1694 My James Bond Games' Playthroughs: linktr.ee/Xtreemo
    edited December 2021 Posts: 70
    I actually like 007 Racing more than Legends. That's because the latter is a dreadful COD game with a James Bond skin right over it. There is no Bond substance or essence in it, not even originality.
    At least Racing puts you in control of almost every car from the movies and you get to see some pretty good references from the franchise, like Whisper, General Koskov, Sheriff Pepper, and the Xenia wannabe in the jungle racing.
    And you can kinda consider it to be some sort of Prequel to Agent Under Fire since the voice actors from Q and M are the same in both games.