No Time To Die - Deleted Scenes *SPOILER warning*

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

Are those gun-y people in the boat behind?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Mallory wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Are we sure it was CG replaced? Maybe they reshot the scene. The DBS was 100% used on set at the RAF airport scene.

Yep, for the initial scene. By time the came to shoot the RAF scene, the decision to change had probably been made already.

https://www.artofvfx.com/no-time-to-die-charlie-noble-overall-vfx-supervisor-with-jonathan-fawkner-framestore-vfx-supervisor-and-joel-green-dneg-vfx-supervisor/
    The DBS was a late addition to replace the Valhalla which was slightly incongruous driving down the rough forestry tracks. Again, driven by the Weightshift AI suspension, we matched the DBS to the footprint of the Valkyrie, meaning for the most part the dust kicks could be retained from the plate, and the new CG DBS placed on top. We used Nomi and Bond plates from other scenes to add the driver and passenger for head on shots. It is a much larger vehicle with bigger windows, so we had to rebuild parts of Nomi’s costume and hands for when she is photographed in close-up through the open window. The paint and finish on the car were extremely complex. The ‘flop’ effect produces very different colours depending on the angle to camera.

Excellent link, thank you. The Maserati on the bridge in Matera which hops over Bond was CG?!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Mallory wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Are we sure it was CG replaced? Maybe they reshot the scene. The DBS was 100% used on set at the RAF airport scene.

Yep, for the initial scene. By time the came to shoot the RAF scene, the decision to change had probably been made already.

https://www.artofvfx.com/no-time-to-die-charlie-noble-overall-vfx-supervisor-with-jonathan-fawkner-framestore-vfx-supervisor-and-joel-green-dneg-vfx-supervisor/
    The DBS was a late addition to replace the Valhalla which was slightly incongruous driving down the rough forestry tracks. Again, driven by the Weightshift AI suspension, we matched the DBS to the footprint of the Valkyrie, meaning for the most part the dust kicks could be retained from the plate, and the new CG DBS placed on top. We used Nomi and Bond plates from other scenes to add the driver and passenger for head on shots. It is a much larger vehicle with bigger windows, so we had to rebuild parts of Nomi’s costume and hands for when she is photographed in close-up through the open window. The paint and finish on the car were extremely complex. The ‘flop’ effect produces very different colours depending on the angle to camera.

I noticed it was CGI because I knew about it ;-) But I thought the Valkyrie was also supposed to be make an appearance.

The car at RAF looked too real to be "fake". Nice car too.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It was only ever the Valhalla, the Valkyrie was never tapped to be in it.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Not really a deleted scene, but I don't know where to put this:

• 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    ggl007 wrote: »

It's from the Making Of NTTD book but it's so tiny that you can't make out any of the details.

I just wish it was a bit bigger...
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Interesting, there's a photo of Dr. Vogel in Bond's drawer. I wonder if he never gave up on tracking SPECTRE even after leaving MI6.
  • Minion wrote: »
    Interesting, there's a photo of Dr. Vogel in Bond's drawer. I wonder if he never gave up on tracking SPECTRE even after leaving MI6.

That would be very consistent with Bond's character!
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I really don't think he did ... That's why everyone's using SPECTRE as the hook to get him back in on the game. They know it's his Achilles to do anything.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Can we get Daniel Craig in a one-man play dramatising Bond's retirement in Jamaica? Him trying to come to grips with all the stuff that happened to him in the previous 10+ years would be fascinating to watch.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    00Heaven wrote: »
    I really don't think he did ... That's why everyone's using SPECTRE as the hook to get him back in on the game. They know it's his Achilles to do anything.

Then, there would be no reason for him to keep this photograph imho.

Thank you very much for sharing. Pity that the resolution doesn't allow me to read the handwritten notes, except that the rightmost one begins with "SPECTRE". @QBranch, would you happen to know the model of the camera and the gun?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    mattjoes wrote: »

Thank you very much for sharing. Pity that the resolution doesn't allow me to read the handwritten notes, except that the rightmost one begins with "SPECTRE". @QBranch, would you happen to know the model of the camera and the gun?
    The camera, I believe, is the Leica seen in the other photo of Bond at his desk. Can't remember which model, but if you search for Leica on this forum the answer will come up in a previous discussion, in the production thread. The gun is the Browning Hi-Power seen in early behind the scenes photos of Bond on the jetty.
    QBranch wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »

The camera, I believe, is the Leica seen in the other photo of Bond at his desk. Can't remember which model, but if you search for Leica on this forum the answer will come up in a previous discussion, in the production thread. The gun is the Browning Hi-Power seen in early behind the scenes photos of Bond on the jetty.

Thank you!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Can we get Daniel Craig in a one-man play dramatising Bond's retirement in Jamaica? Him trying to come to grips with all the stuff that happened to him in the previous 10+ years would be fascinating to watch.

I always wonder what sort of Bond story could be told on the stage. I've always like The Living Daylights short story / first part of the film in the hotel room. Could it be compelling enough on it's own for a stage play?

I also like your suggestion a lot as well; single location, could be good for some drama. Maybe Bond gets a visitor from his past? I'd obviously go see it.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.

I always wonder what sort of Bond story could be told on the stage. I've always like The Living Daylights short story / first part of the film in the hotel room. Could it be compelling enough on it's own for a stage play?

I also like your suggestion a lot as well; single location, could be good for some drama. Maybe Bond gets a visitor from his past? I'd obviously go see it.

I guess some of the short stories that are basically just Bond and one other person telling each other a story could work. But that would hardly fill an evening. And you would need fantastic actors to make something like Octopussy or Quantum of Solace work without actually showing the flashbacks. And I guess you couldn’t do the final scene of OP.
    Octopussy is definitely one that I’d love to see a faithful adaption of (not necessarily stage).

TLD could work I think, over a couple of days before the defection, as Bond contemplates his life and his work (similarly to your idea of Jamaica), and has Sanders there to bounce off of as well.
    Underneath SPECTRE I think it says:

- Ukraine elections
    - Train crash South ??
    - Nigeria - executive? ??
    - Indonesian palm oil ??
    - Medical equipment ??
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Penpen wrote: »
    Underneath SPECTRE I think it says:

- Ukraine elections
    - Train crash South ??
    - Nigeria - executive? ??
    - Indonesian palm oil ??
    - Medical equipment ??

This makes sense. I got one word correct the last time I tried to decipher it then! (That would be "Train")
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,261
    We will need inivisible people. Invisible skyscrapers.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Or the invisible bomb shelter that Bond was standing in when the missiles landed... ;)
    I'm sure the Omega create a force field around him. Or something.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    They could have come up with something, yes.

a71d2fcbd7dc7e4ca706f80abfaf239bb7458be4r1-600-255_hq.gif

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Why did they have the DB5 have LED number plates and then not use them?
    IMO it was kind of a dumb idea for a gadget. I can see why they'd do it, but the analogue worked because any one of the three plates looked like a real plate.

Any one electronic plate... you're getting pulled over. :)) Anyone can see that the only use for an electronic plate would be so you can change plates... I know I'm probably overthinking it but I just thought it was a poorly thought out gadget. Glad it didn't get used.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    IMO it was kind of a dumb idea for a gadget. I can see why they'd do it, but the analogue worked because any one of the three plates looked like a real plate.

Any one electronic plate... you're getting pulled over. :)) Anyone can see that the only use for an electronic plate would be so you can change plates... I know I'm probably overthinking it but I just thought it was a poorly thought out gadget. Glad it didn't get used.

Do you know if anything was filmed with them?
    On an Aston Martin DB 5, that kind of plates is completely useless. On a more common model (a Renault Laguna, for example), it can work.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    It only works if you're Seymour Goldfarb, Jr., heir to the Goldfarb Girdles fortune, and you think you're actually Bond actor Roger Moore.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2021 Posts: 14,861

On the new podcast Chris Corbould does confirm they shot a scene with them but it didn't make it to the final cut. He says which countries' plates they display too.

Other gadgets they considered apparently included drones which launch from the rear numberplate, and giant Union Jack wings which allow the DB5 to fly (yes really!) :D
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    mtm wrote: »

On the new podcast Chris Corbould does confirm they shot a scene with them but it didn't make it to the final cut. He says which countries' plates they display too.

Other gadgets they considered apparently included drones which launch from the rear numberplate, and giant Union Jack wings which allow the DB5 to fly (yes really!) :D
    Now THAT would be quite an homage.

tumblr_os9sz9My0h1w27jeoo1_400.gifv

James Bond Jr - Car Flight