What Bond title songs have you seen done live by the original artist?

talos7talos7 New Orleans
edited May 2014 in Music Posts: 7,889
Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Sir Tom Jones perform at The House of Blues in New Orleans. He was incredible and is still a master of his craft. I was thrilled that his set list included a somewhat re-worked Thunderball. It was more bluesy but still 100% Bond. In addition to Sir Tom, I've seen Duran Duran and Sir Paul do their respective Bond songs; Both were also great. What artist(s) have you seen do their Bond tune live.

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Oh great idea! I'm yet to see any Bond artists live, never mind singing their respective songs...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Oh great idea! I'm yet to see any Bond artists live, never mind singing their respective songs...

That makes two of us then...
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 3,564
    I've seen Sir Paul doing "Live & Let Die." Blew the stadium away!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I've seen Sir Paul doing "Live & Let Die." Blew the stadium away!

Well you would have, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs! Wings are only the band The Beatles could have been after all! (Source: Alan Partridge).
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Ok, so far the closest I've got to seeing a Bond theme performer live is Tom Jones, who is now currently performing at a football stadium not far from where I live. I swear I heard his voice earlier...
    Macca - LALD
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I walked past a free outdoor concert with a-ha while they were playing The Living Daylights a few years ago. Does that count?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Tom Jones in Zurich circa 1999

Duran Duran several times between 1986 and 2004 and before Christmas 2011 in Manchester, always performing AVTAK

a-ha several times between 1988 and 2010, always performing TLD

Tina Turner in 1996 (and several other times but not singing Goldeneye)

Garbage in 2012
    Tina with GE and for me It was absolutely awesome. I've always loved everything about GE including Tina's song despite what many say about it here!! ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I seen Duran Duran at least a half dozen times and they always give Bond a nod before AVTAK.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Took Mrs Wizard to Adele for her birthday last night and she obviously belted out SF (Adele not Mrs Wizard - who is an awful singer) so I'm happy to join the select group of Bond fans in this thread.

Although have to admit I am pretty jealous of @Birdleson - seeing Lani Hall live must be on most people's bucket lists I reckon.
  • I saw Adele perform Skyfall at the O2 Arena in London, it was amazing.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I was more there to see her husband, the legendary Herb Alpert.

I should hope so Sir!! To be fair the CR67 title theme with Herb and the Tijuana Brass is a corker.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bumping for newcomers.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 3,564
    I saw Sir Paul McCartney do "Live and Let Die." From half a football field away, the force of those explosions had a strong physical impact. (Please forgive the duplication -- it's been several years since my first post in this thread...)
  • Duran Duran's AVTAK at several of their shows....I've seen them live over 25 times
  • That's a lot of Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran (etc.)...
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,518
    I saw Sir Paul McCartney do "Live and Let Die." From half a football field away, the force of those explosions had a strong physical impact. (Please forgive the duplication -- it's been several years since my first post in this thread...)

Saw this as well, luckily for my dad and I we were quite close. It was mind blowing! Awesome show.

I've seen U2, but they didn't do GoldenEye... ;)

I think that's it for artists I've seen live.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 15,785
    I saw Gladys Knight about 30 years ago and as she was being introduced and stepped onto the stage the band commenced with the opening chords of LTK.
    We got thru that wonderful intro and then she segued immediately into "Midnight
    Train to Georgia". The entire performance was really a melody of her hits rather than full complete songs. :(
    At least we got those opening chords of LTK, but that did feel like a bit of a tease.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Macca (several times) doing “Live and Let Die” and Dame Shirley Bassey (“Goldfinger” and “Diamonds Are Forever”).

I sometimes have this weird dream in which all of the singers of the Bond themes come together and have a joint “Bond Concert.” (I’m very strange 😊)
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I haven't seen Sir Paul perform Live And Let Die but I've seen Guns N' Roses many times so I've indirectly seen the song performed live.

For the original artist I've seen Duran Duran twice and thus got two fabulous renditions of A View To A Kill.
  • I've been to loads of gigs and I play in a band myself, but the people doing the Bond themes are generally not the music I'm into. I did take my mum and dad to see Tom Jones in the early 90's, but I don't remember him doing Thunderball.
    I did see a 'Bond music' show at Birmingham's Symphony Hall, but it was all the themes, and no orchestral Barry scores apart form the YOLT Capsule in Space and OHMSS theme. So it was a bit disappointing to me, as when I think of 'Bond music' it's the scores, not the themes.
    If I were to have a wish list, I'd have liked to have seen Mat Monro do FRWL, or JB conduct OHMSS on stage. Either of those would thrill me much more than U2, Duran Duran or Ah-ha.
  • McCartney - Live and Let Die

Like everyone else who's mentioned it, it's a blast (literally ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2021 Posts: 12,459
    I'm coming here to hopefully find somebody hearing Shirley Bassey sing DAF or GF or even MR live. What a singer! Also love reading about Paul and LALD. I've seen him in clips during gigs doing that one. Splendid. So "yay!" to @Dwayne. Was Shirley in fine form? :)
    Paul McCartney twice (2003, 2010)

Amazing
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I'm coming here to hopefully find somebody hearing Shirley Bassey sing DAF or GF or even MR live. What a singer! Also love reading about Paul and LALD. I've seen him in clips during gigs doing that one. Splendid. So "yay!" to @Dwayne. Was Shirley in fine form? :)

Was Shirley in fine form?!....YES YES YES!!!!!

On the four occasions in the late 1980s/early 1990s that I saw her in concert (NYC Lincoln Center, Madison Square Garden's "The Forum" and Carnegie Hall - twice), she comes out to Goldfinger and Diamonds Are Forever!

My late mother was a major fan, and for her Bond and Bassey are joined at the hip.