NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - First Reactions vs. Current Reactions

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,266
    After multiple watches NTTD has dropped below AVTAK and TMWTGG.

The film has moments, though let's be honest it's a load of crap.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The tequila is setting in. I gotta say the acting was really bad in this one aside from Jeffery Wright, he was the best part of the movie for me. Safin's accent is the new Bane voice. =))
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited November 2021 Posts: 8,021
    let's be honest it's a load of crap.

In your opinion, sure. I mean you’re a BvS fan, you know tastes are eclectic.

I mean if you can’t even enjoy the Cuba sequence, sorry to hear!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murdock wrote: »
    The tequila is setting in. I gotta say the acting was really bad in this one aside from Jeffery Wright, he was the best part of the movie for me. Safin's accent is the new Bane voice. =))

Don't mention Tequilla 😂 Good stuff though I try to avoid it 😂

NTTD watching it again now, debating whether it falls into its that bad it's good territory like DAD and DAF.

Hey! DAF…

And DAD don’t belong on the same sentence! The latter wishes it was as witty. ;)
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I’m sorry we ignored your first cry for attention there @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, which forced you watch a movie you didn’t like four more times so someone would finally notice you. Personally I’d stick to watching movies you like, you might find it’s a better use of your time. ;))

Though, sounds like @Murdock would be game to pop on over so you can hate-watch it a sixth time if that’s how you both get your kicks. That’ll really stick it to Barbara Broccoli for taking your beloved toys away from you.
    DAF has an amazing score
    Bond should have shut down 'he smiles to much' immediately.
    Minion wrote: »
    Though, sounds like @Murdock would be game to pop on over so you can hate-watch it a sixth time if that’s how you both get your kicks. That’ll really stick it to Barbara Broccoli for taking your beloved toys away from you.

I'll never watch that trash movie again but I'll happily Joy-watch the likes of GoldenEye, Moonraker and Die Another Day any time. Those, I can enjoy.
    Thanks for doing your part getting NTTD to the #1 highest grossing Hollywood release of 2021.
    DAF has an amazing score

Stop watching NTTD! Watch DAF! Defend that movie with me! We can raise a DAF army. There will be dozens of us!

ae3.jpg
    Actually I didn't pay to see it so I didn't contribute to it. :ar!
    DAF has an amazing score

Stop watching NTTD! Watch DAF! Defend that movie with me! We can raise a DAF army. There will be dozens of us!

ae3.jpg

😂 This is epic Bond...

But you did contribute. You gave it your time! You’ll never get it back! Babs won!

But you did contribute. You gave it your time! You’ll never get it back! Babs won!

I spent my time making fun of it so I guess it ended in stalemate. Nobody won.
    Also, five films came out after 2002. Not four. /:)
    edited November 2021 Posts: 16,330
    Also, five films came out after 2002. Not four. /:)

You'll have to forgive me. The tequila has lowered my inhibitions. ;)

Plus, I had nothing better to do. I had to truly know. My curiosity has been satisficed. I didn't like the movie but I'll get over it. I've suffered worse tragedies in my life.
    Buckle up, because the resounding success and critical/audience response of NTTD means what you’re looking at is the route forward for the franchise. Cheers, mate.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Venutius wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    From a narrative standpoint the whole point of the scene, and that’s why it’s so heartbreaking, is that James decides to peacefully embrace death in order to save and protect his family. It was his choice.
    This. If Safin hadn't closed the blast doors, Bond would've left the island in time. He didn't call the missile strike with the intention of being killed in it. For the same reason, M didn't kill him either - Bond had 'plenty of time' to escape when M gave the order. Safin didn't kill him - he was in a bad way (!) but they weren't fatal wounds and he wasn't bleeding out or even critically weak from blood loss. He can't have been - after all, Bond re-opened the blast doors and climbed up a 30-ft metal ladder after being shot. That's not someone on the brink of karking it. The nanobots didn't kill him - they were fatal to Madeleine and Mathilde, but harmless to Bond himself. He'd saved his family and he knew that his death would ensure that they'd remain safe. Agree with matt_u: he put Madeleine and Mathilde's lives before his. Bond's choice.

Perfectly put. +1!
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It’s coming from both sides at a ridiculous and embarrassing level. Take it from some one more or less in the middle.

So you’re saying there are users that are defending the film at a “ridiculous and embarrassing level”..? Wasn’t your mantra to avoid categorizing opinions without judging them?
    Anyway at least all the ridiculous “positive” ones you’re referring to actually saw the film.
    I’m sorry we ignored your first cry for attention there @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, which forced you watch a movie you didn’t like four more times so someone would finally notice you. Personally I’d stick to watching movies you like, you might find it’s a better use of your time. ;))

Haha :))
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    What a a funny bunch us fans are, I very much include myself in that. Over the last few pages I've read " I've seen it 5 times, I hate it" "I've decided NTTD is terrible after the 4th viewing"
    I've seen many non-Bond films I've hated over the years and guess what, I never watch them again!
    Yet we'll keep coming back for more when it comes to a Bond we don't care for very much. I really dislike DAF and AVTAK and DAD and still I repeatedly watch them when broadcast on TV. Sometimes I even CHOOSE to put the DVD on!
    I guess what I'm getting at is Bond is special and possibly unique for many of us. Even the ones we rank low down we still get something from on some level. That's good, we all win, 25 times over and over and over...
    It does seem now we're able to watch it at home at leisure, it's not getting the initial plaudits it had in the cinema.
    I think there were some great Bond moments, but the romance/dad/death stuff certainly detracted from it being a good, fun, Bond experience. Oddly, whilst SP is the obviously lesser movie from a narrative point of view, I just know it'll have a re-watch score much higher than NTTD for me.

CR
    SF
    SP
    QOS/NTTD
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    I see all SP's flaws and the places it could be better, but I like it despite all that. Seen it twice in the last month alone, thanks to ITV!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Were you watching it on 10x speed? You'd only seen it twice when you first posted, and now we're up to viewing five less than a couple of hours later. :))
  • It does seem now we're able to watch it at home at leisure, it's not getting the initial plaudits it had in the cinema.

Funny, the opposite was true for me. I struggled to process it when I first saw it, but I’ve enjoyed it more the more I’ve watched it, including my last viewing at home.

The main thing that improved for me on the small screen was the cinematography. Don’t know why, but it seemed a lot crisper? Maybe it’s just the cinema I saw it at, but on first viewing, it seemed almost video gamey to me at times, sort of plasticy? Which had me thinking there’d been too much CGI touch ups of certain shots. But when I watched it at home I didn’t get that vibe at all, I thought it looked great. Sound mixing seemed clearer too come to think of it, so maybe I do just need to find a new cinema.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,266

Were you watching it on 10x speed? You'd only seen it twice when you first posted, and now we're up to viewing five less than a couple of hours later. :))

20x Speed 😂 I watched it three times yesterday £15.99 for 48 hours you have to get your monies worth 😂

(P. S. My counting skills go awry when drinking a vodka martini)
    ---
    One thing we can all agree with, Paloma was great.
  • Minion wrote: »

Unfortunately, Moderator Dimi would rather defend his right to say the movie is awful ad infinitum, than give us the option to avoid having to see it repeatedly, because an ignore function has been deemed childish. Makes this place a haven for negative spam, just to irk those who actually appreciate the film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It just dawned on me that it isn t just Felix, Blofeld and Bond who die in this film, but SPECTRE member Michael G. Wilson as well.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Unfortunately, Moderator Dimi would rather defend his right to say the movie is awful ad infinitum, than give us the option to avoid having to see it repeatedly, because an ignore function has been deemed childish. Makes this place a haven for negative spam, just to irk those who actually appreciate the film.

It's really not that simple, so name dropping a mod like that is not very helpful either. Especially when, in this case, it's a mod who usually calls out negative spam themselves too.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    It just dawned on me that it isn t just Felix, Blofeld and Bond who die in this film, but SPECTRE member Michael G. Wilson as well.

Great point.