No Time to Die on Blu-ray

Comments

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Ironically cheapo schlock gets more love and care through labels like Vinegar Syndrome and Arrow Video than most “legitimate” releases do.
    Why would CJF record a commentary and then not include it?

It’s more than likely an ITunes digital exclusive.Joker for example does not have Todd Philips commentary on the physical editions of the film but is exclusive to the ITunes digital release.

• cwl007cwl007 England
    I'm so pleased the DVD releases of the first 16 films existed in the golden era of DVD special features. The 'Inside' series narrated by Patrick McNee have still never been beaten. Also the sheer volume of content on those discs was very impressive. They tailed off a bit during the Brosnan era and didn't seem so bespoke and important but compared to the DC era they were great as well.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    cwl007 wrote: »
    I'm so pleased the DVD releases of the first 16 films existed in the golden era of DVD special features. The 'Inside' series narrated by Patrick McNee have still never been beaten.

I really enjoyed those.
  • I still make it a tradition to watch those "Inside" docs after a viewing, great stuff!
  • I miss Patrick Macnee making new docs. Brilliant feature of the original series.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Yes, they have a nice nostalgic feel to them now on rewatch.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I'm so pleased the DVD releases of the first 16 films existed in the golden era of DVD special features. The 'Inside' series narrated by Patrick McNee have still never been beaten. Also the sheer volume of content on those discs was very impressive. They tailed off a bit during the Brosnan era and didn't seem so bespoke and important but compared to the DC era they were great as well.

It always peeved me that they didn’t make similar docs for GE, TND, and TWINE with those Special Edition DVDs.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    AstonLotus wrote: »

It’s more than likely an ITunes digital exclusive.Joker for example does not have Todd Philips commentary on the physical editions of the film but is exclusive to the ITunes digital release.

Is it currently available if you rent from iTunes? I’ll have to check that out.
    I don’t think iTunes extras are available for rent. That has to be a full on purchase, which won’t be until the film is on sale digitally instead of rent.
    Only a handful of those "Inside" docs got the HD upgrade didn't they? Some are still stuck in SD.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    My DAD DVD does have better extras than all Craig films together. That's sad.
    Do they really think that the overused (and a bit boring) poster of Craig is the best possible design for my Bluray? Come on! Give me something new, give me more colours or at least something more creative...
    AstonLotus wrote: »

Is it currently available if you rent from iTunes? I’ll have to check that out.

Nope.Right now it’s premium video on demand.Meaning that for the normal price of buying,you only get the movie to rent for 48 hours.No extras.

• The fans are being sold down the river
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2021 Posts: 4,416
    Source Bol.com:

Dutch release for now is set on 16 February 2022 released by MGM/Universal.

DVD € 23,99
    Bluray (2 disc edition in keepcase if 1 disc then you miss all extra's.) € 28,99
    2 Bluray Limited edition ''Bolcom only'' with 52 pages booklet (On one of the pictures booklet look like hard cover like that German digibook release, but second picture the booklet look like more paper.) € 39,00
    4K (2 Disc steelbook. Possible mean that the extra's who are with BD releases on bonus disc are on 4K disc) € 44,00
    4K release Limited edition (2 Disc keepcase no steelbook with mini Aston Martin DB5 for € 340,000!)

There wil no standard keepcase release for 4K for now.
    Also rating of movie is changed from 12+ to 16+.
    Physical media budgets have been shrunk all across the board once streaming overtook it.

The 2000s will remain the best era for physical media bonus material. You have to go to labels like Criterion or Shout to match what studios used to churn out.

So many great memories from watching all of the bonus material on 2000s DVDs. It’s a shame that they went away from it.
    Stamper wrote: »
    Only a handful of those "Inside" docs got the HD upgrade didn't they? Some are still stuck in SD.

Yeah the first batch of blu-rays released during 2008-2009 had the HD upgrades. And then the MGM bankruptcy happened, and threw a wrench on the rest. So when the remaining blu-ray titles were finally released (YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, TSWLM, OP, AVTAK, TLD), the Inside docs were only ports from the old DVDs.
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    edited November 2021 Posts: 60
    Is the 60th anniversary box set going to be a thing or is it just speculation? I’m thinking of upgrading to 4K so that’ll be a no-brainer for me!
    That's too bad, the authors excellently re-edited their 007 docs in high definition, and here we are 14 years later still awaiting for them to finish the job!
    edited November 2021 Posts: 8,000
    Is the 60th anniversary box set going to be a thing or is it just speculation? I’m thinking of upgrading to 4K so that’ll be a no-brainer for me!
    It’s only speculation, but man would it be a missed opportunity to not put out such a box set!
    That's too bad, the authors excellently re-edited their 007 docs in high definition, and here we are 14 years later still awaiting for them to finish the job!

If, and IF there is a 60th anniversary box set, what would make it my dream set is if MGM remasters the rest of the inside docs for that set. Not only that, but hire John Cork to whip out brand new Inside Docs for the Brosnan and Craig films to make it complete. THAT would be my dream Bond 60 set. Only quibble would be that Patrick Macnee wouldn’t be able to narrate the new ones.

But that’s probably asking too much.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I was initially hoping a 4K 60th Anniversary box set was going to be announced alongside the home video release of No Time To Die so I could skip buying the film individually and instead just get the box set.
    It’s only speculation, but man would it be a missed opportunity to not put out such a box set!

If, and IF there is a 60th anniversary box set, what would make it my dream set is if MGM remasters the rest of the inside docs for that set. Not only that, but hire John Cork to whip out brand new Inside Docs for the Brosnan and Craig films to make it complete. THAT would be my dream Bond 60 set. Only quibble would be that Patrick Macnee wouldn’t be able to narrate the new ones.

But that’s probably asking too much.

Get Marie Clairu then.
    Ryan wrote: »
    I was initially hoping a 4K 60th Anniversary box set was going to be announced alongside the home video release of No Time To Die so I could skip buying the film individually and instead just get the box set.

No way they were going to make it that easy for you!

I have no doubt whatsoever that there will be a 60th anniversary set but it likely won’t even be announce until we’ll into next year.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited November 2021 Posts: 2,630
    In the U.S., Target is selling the NTTD blu-ray with The Making of No Time To Die minibook.

bh2wiqmh6t081.png

https://www.target.com/p/no-time-to-die-target-exclusive-blu-ray/-/A-84617152
    That one has a much cooler look than the rest IMO. I guess I’m just going to hold off until box set announcements for next year.
    In the U.S., Target is selling the NTTD blu-ray with The Making of No Time To Die minibook.

bh2wiqmh6t081.png

Cool box art!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

bh2wiqmh6t081.png

I didn't know Daniel was a Hobbit.
  • baerrttbaerrtt United kingdom

It always peeved me that they didn’t make similar docs for GE, TND, and TWINE with those Special Edition DVDs.

I recall assuming there wasn't enough distance with the Brosnan era to make retro making of docs.
  • In the U.S., Target is selling the NTTD blu-ray with The Making of No Time To Die minibook.

bh2wiqmh6t081.png

Cool box art!

Yeah, that's more like it!
    The dream steelbook:

259799601_235430652015253_1265302463052733753_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=B97Mf9gRyE4AX8efGf1&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh3-1.fna&oh=7839fc9a0a9266b04a189fad0247eb7e&oe=619EBB16