Your Bond watches

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I’m not sure you could get two of the current one, not without some very lucky shopping.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    mtm wrote: »
    I’m not sure you could get two of the current one, not without some very lucky shopping.

Shows how much I know. I have a small collection, and none are of a luxury brand.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I think the NTTD watch is well over £7K (on the bracelet) and closer to £8K. It’s kind of outrageous, especially as it’s not a limited edition, but there we go.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Shows how much I know. I have a small collection, and none are of a luxury brand.

Same here. Most of mine are 'Homages' to the real thing... 😁
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Yeah I think the NTTD watch is well over £7K (on the bracelet) and closer to £8K. It’s kind of outrageous, especially as it’s not a limited edition, but there we go.

£7k? Ouch.

Same here. I have 5 Citizen Eco-Drives that I think look quite Bond-on-a-tight-budget-esque, and I also have one of those Casios, the one that looks like the OP Seiko. As well as a Casio G-Shock, but virtually indestructible that it they might be, I don't think this particular model looks Bondian.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes I got one of those Casios too - irresistible! :)

I still say that if the 007 Store somehow got a repro run of that Octopussy watch design made (ideally with a little red LED in it!) then they'd sell out.

£7k? Ouch.

Same here. I have 5 Citizen Eco-Drives that I think look quite Bond-on-a-tight-budget-esque, and I also have one of those Casios, the one that looks like the OP Seiko. As well as a Casio G-Shock, but virtually indestructible that it they might be, I don't think this particular model looks Bondian.

I have a Steeldive Submariner which is a really nice homage to the Rolex Sub and great quality for the money.
    And I have a Pagani homage to the Omega NTTD watch, which is also really good quality.
    I feel Bondian when I wear them which is good enough for me 😁
    Still have my 2008 42mm PO from QOS, which I feel is a good representative of the DC era, being close to the CR and SF models. Have to take good care of it, because I really can’t afford any new one :-S

£7k? Ouch.

I have a Steeldive Submariner which is a really nice homage to the Rolex Sub and great quality for the money.
    And I have a Pagani homage to the Omega NTTD watch, which is also really good quality.

Can't argue with that, if it makes you feel good, that's all that matters.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    "The past isn't dead."

51654592968_277687908e_b.jpg
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Very nice
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    This isn't a club I ever thought I'd join, but I unexpectedly inherited a little money and two days later saw this watch in the window of a local jeweller. Brosnan-era Seamaster; women's/small version. Not quite Bond's but perhaps the version they issued to female 00s :)

337389_original.jpg
    edited November 2021 Posts: 972
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    This isn't a club I ever thought I'd join, but I unexpectedly inherited a little money and two days later saw this watch in the window of a local jeweller. Brosnan-era Seamaster; women's/small version. Not quite Bond's but perhaps the version they issued to female 00s :)

[img][/img]

@Agent_99 Wow that's the quartz 28mm ladies model. You don't see that one too often. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-300-m-25838000

Looks like it has seen better days. Bring it to Omega and it'll come back looking like new!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's awesome, sorry for your loss but that's a lovely thing to get for yourself :)
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Looks like it has seen better days. Bring it to Omega and it'll come back looking like new!

I quite like it looking as if it's had some adventures, but maybe! I think I need to get a link taken out of the strap for a better fit, so I'll see what a dealer has to say. Thanks for the tip!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

£7k? Ouch.

There's a new homage to the Omega 300, as worn by Bond in Spectre, which is available here

And one thing you can do is ask them to print a bespoke dial for you. They won't put Omega logos on of course, but in theory you could perhaps do this... ;)

San-Martin300sml.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That's cool, and coincidental since I was just working on this prop!

£7k? Ouch.

There's a new homage to the Omega 300, as worn by Bond in Spectre, which is available here

And one thing you can do is ask them to print a bespoke dial for you. They won't put Omega logos on of course, but in theory you could perhaps do this... ;)

San-Martin300sml.jpg

Thanks @mtm

Tempting, but I already own 7 watches, soon to be 8....😁
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    My "Bond Tribute" Fossil, meant to evoke the Spectre watch (with the Spectre NATO Strap):
    253777295_226935079531477_949619740498245593_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=5oARb6jkb0MAX9pqrDp&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=60972ddfe8e201ea26f66ee16d541bf4&oe=61ADC83A
    Still going, several years later, looking a lot more worse for wear (scratches, dents, etc). But would an adventure watch be complete without such imperfections?
    edited November 2021 Posts: 972

£7k? Ouch.

[img][/img]
    Looks like an homage to the current Seamaster 300 with the sandwiched numerals as opposed to the Spectre style Seamaster 300 which has the liquidmetal ceramic bezel and painted numerals on the dial. Probably just me but I'm not a fan of the sandwiched numerals. Saw it in person and it didn't look really good especially with the aluminium bezel. The version on the right still looks the best, IMO of course.

51169765839_48d974c6fb_b.jpg
    Naturally I wear mine with the nato strap as a nod to Spectre and also because it just looks so good on the strap.

51662289012_d2cbef06ab_b.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes the sandwiched numerals are from the new version, but I’d say the proportions are closer to the old.
    My "Bond Tribute" Fossil, meant to evoke the Spectre watch (with the Spectre NATO Strap):
    253777295_226935079531477_949619740498245593_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=5oARb6jkb0MAX9pqrDp&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=60972ddfe8e201ea26f66ee16d541bf4&oe=61ADC83A
    Still going, several years later, looking a lot more worse for wear (scratches, dents, etc). But would an adventure watch be complete without such imperfections?

Very nice - I've never owned one but I always love the look of Fossil watches.
    Homage to the Rolex 6542 worn by Pussy Galore in Goldfinger.

51696937687_c455d71c65_b.jpg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,518
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Very nice - I've never owned one but I always love the look of Fossil watches.

It looks so much worse for wear nowadays than it does in that photo! But I kind of like that actually, a daily wear should so signs of use.

Also, a couple of the glow indicators have come loose and are floating around in the case... sometimes they jam up the second hand and the time has to be reset... definitely not a mark of good quality, but I still love it nevertheless.

And, apparently, Fossil was a Bond brand a long time ago.
    Nice Pepsi homage!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I love a Steinhart. Speaking of homages, I did grab this one last year, which is supposed to be a bit of a nod towards the Goldfinger submariner, although not a copy. It's very well-made indeed. Nice smaller size too.

wEfxftX.jpeg
    edited November 2021 Posts: 13,879
    I like it, it looks like a cross between the Connery Sub and SP Seamy.

There's also a bit of LALD Sub in there with the bezel insert and depth rating. Very cool.
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Homage to the Rolex 6542 worn by Pussy Galore in Goldfinger.

51696937687_c455d71c65_b.jpg

That detail underneath that says 'ocean 39 GMT' looks like the gun barrel white dot when it features the producers credits either side.
    And, apparently, Fossil was a Bond brand a long time ago.

Yes! They're rather nice-looking and I wish I'd bought one at the time. Maybe one day one will fall into my lap at the right price.
    The dial on that Fossil is similar to the watch in the TWINE video game, which is a rather unique green Seamaster with straight markers, two sub-dials in the same positions, but without the chronograph pushers.