SPECTRE Spoilerish News and discussions

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yeah, I don't like overhyping. It ruins things for many. I am trying to stay excited about Skyfall (and Django Unchained, too) without having ridiculous expectations. I do enjoy my Bond films, and this looks to be a strong contender. Great cast and director.

I like the little I know about the story (I like Judi's M) but will try to allow my mind to open up to a younger Q (that is hard!). Anyway, I am starting to slow down with what I read and I am staying away from spoilers as much as possible. I want to feel fresh and ready for it on the big screen (I have a longer wait than most) so I can enjoy it fully and not feel that I have drowned in too much information and super hype before then.
    Yeah I've been avoiding most spoilers too, at least the one's that are related to the plot. I know about 1 or 2 of the action scenes but that's about it.
    I agree with your sentiments thelivingroyale.

I should take back what I said about the script in my above post. They say it's a great script but is it really? It has good actors and from the photos and videos I've seen, the cinematography and lighting are currently the film's merits. I'm not keen on a younger Q either.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 2,594
    Germanlady wrote:

Every single Bond film could be the best one ever, you never know until it's released.

Judging from the cast and the trailer I'm looking forward to it, it'll probably be good, but I've heard some things I DON'T like the sound of, like M focused plot, younger Q, etc.

It'll probably be good but I don't think it'll be the best one ever, at least for me (then again I don't think anything will top Dalton's films for me), but like I said, you never know.

Also, I don't get that article, how can IMAX help make it the best one ever? The third time lucky rule has only been true for Connery and Moore. Brosnans 3rd film was good but his best was easily GE, and Dalton and Lasenby didn't even do 3. How can the DB5 make it the best one ever? GF had that and I don't think it's the best. The only thing I agree with on that list is the A list cast.

I think this level of hype for SF, with so many saying "it'll be the best one ever!" could potentially make it a bit of a let down. I'm not saying it won't be good, but any film has a hard job of living up to this level of hype. Look at Prometheus, it was brilliant, but it didn't live up to the massive hype because the hype was just that, massive, so to a lot of people it was a let down. I have the same worry about the new Batman film.

I should take back what I said about the script in my above post. They say it's a great script but is it really? It has good actors and from the photos and production videos I've seen (I've remained largely spoiler free), the cinematography and lighting are currently the film's merits. I'm not keen on a younger Q either.

Here's hoping it'll be good though.
    If you're rich then you can rent Pierce Brosnans house and be neighbours with Sylvester Stallone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2157096/A-bit-double-O-heaven--160-000-month-Pierce-Brosnans-Malibu-estate-rental-summer.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    Bounine wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Every single Bond film could be the best one ever, you never know until it's released.

Judging from the cast and the trailer I'm looking forward to it, it'll probably be good, but I've heard some things I DON'T like the sound of, like M focused plot, younger Q, etc.

It'll probably be good but I don't think it'll be the best one ever, at least for me (then again I don't think anything will top Dalton's films for me), but like I said, you never know.

Also, I don't get that article, how can IMAX help make it the best one ever? The third time lucky rule has only been true for Connery and Moore. Brosnans 3rd film was good but his best was easily GE, and Dalton and Lasenby didn't even do 3. How can the DB5 make it the best one ever? GF had that and I don't think it's the best. The only thing I agree with on that list is the A list cast.

I think this level of hype for SF, with so many saying "it'll be the best one ever!" could potentially make it a bit of a let down. I'm not saying it won't be good, but any film has a hard job of living up to this level of hype. Look at Prometheus, it was brilliant, but it didn't live up to the massive hype because the hype was just that, massive, so to a lot of people it was a let down. I have the same worry about the new Batman film.

I should take back what I said about the script in my above post. They say it's a great script but is it really? It has good actors and from the photos and production videos I've seen (I've remained largely spoiler free), the cinematography and lighting are currently the film's merits. I'm not keen on a younger Q either.

Here's hoping it'll be good though.

Thank you. Glad somebody agrees.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would rent out Brosnan's property, just for the slight possibility of getting to meet him.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I would rent out Brosnan's property, just for the slight possibility of getting to meet him.

..yes and why not? I am sure, he is a genuily nice guy and he shares my love for whales.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2164249/Rachel-Weisz-makes-coffee-dash-celebrating-anniversary-Daniel-Craig.html

Congratulations to them both once more.

The best line of that 'report':

"Rachel and her friend were deep in conversation as the adorable pooch ambled along the street". - I'm sorry?! That's a pitbull. Hardly an 'adorable pooch'...

EDIT: Looking at the comments, I'm not the only one to think that!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2164249/Rachel-Weisz-makes-coffee-dash-celebrating-anniversary-Daniel-Craig.html

Congratulations to them both once more.

The best line of that 'report':

"Rachel and her friend were deep in conversation as the adorable pooch ambled along the street". - I'm sorry?! That's a pitbull. Hardly an 'adorable pooch'...

EDIT: Looking at the comments, I'm not the only one to think that!

That is one ugly dog!
    I came across a funny thing today, not completely Bond-related but hey, not that far apart ;)
    In July's edition of Vogue UK Rachel Weisz confesses that her dream job when she was little was... to be a spy!
    http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/06/28/rachel-weisz-vogue-cover---daniel-craig-and-beauty
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Someone give her a small, even non-speaking, role in Bond 24, please!

Such down to Earth responces from Rachel:

Georgina Vahey: Any tips on how to bag a James Bond?;))

No, I'm sorry I don't.

How gracious.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 2,594
    If Bond ever gets married again in the Craig era, I think Weisz should play the dame who Bond ties the knot with. She's beautiful, she can act, and is nearer to his age.
    Bounine wrote:
    If Bond ever gets married again in the Craig era, I think Weisz should play the dame who Bond ties the knot with. She's beautiful, she can act, and is nearer to his age.

I don't think he should ever get married again. They've done it once. Maybe he could get engaged or something only to find out she's a baddie.
    Nicolette Quail: Would you ever consider quitting acting?

Yes.

I hope she doesn't.
    Wouldn't she make a most perfect Ms. Moneypenny to Craig's Bond? Think about it ;)
    Film music editor

Tony Lewis ‏@MusicEditorcouk
    #skyfall update. Working like a Trojan for our first milestone. All a great pleasure and it's definitely the best Bond yet.
  • Sandy wrote:
    Wouldn't she make a most perfect Ms. Moneypenny to Craig's Bond? Think about it ;)

I think that's a good idea on some levels. On the other hand, Rachel could be equally interesting as a QUANTUM villain. I've never read her stating her feelings about the series.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    Germanlady wrote:
    Film music editor

#skyfall update. Working like a Trojan for our first milestone. All a great pleasure and it's definitely the best Bond yet.

And what is their first milestone?
    THAT is the question. But its good to read, he is that excited about the material.

Trailer?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Germanlady wrote:
    THAT is the question. But its good to read, he is that excited about the material.

Trailer?

If he's working as a music editor, perhaps it has something to do with the theme song?

I think getting a rough cut of the titles together with the theme for the first time. Quite an important step.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Film music editor

I really wish people would stop saying that (it's really going to be the best one ever). It could be, just like every new one could, but like I've said before, if people keep hyping it as the best one ever it could be a bit of a let down, even if it's great.
    I just wanna hear something? :(( lol
    Germanlady wrote:
    Film music editor

I really wish people would stop saying that (it's really going to be the best one ever). It could be, just like every new one could, but like I've said before, if people keep hyping it as the best one ever it could be a bit of a let down, even if it's great.

Only it you let the hype get to you. Learn to take it in your stride. When I hear 'Best Bond ever' I just think "yeah, yeah. OK. Next".
    2 interesting little vids
    Design Bonds look

Design Bonds world
    http://www.fansshare.com/news/rachel-weisz-insists-she-wants-daniel-craig-s-special-agent-movie-to-do-equally-as-well-as-her-own/

'Rachel Weisz has insisted that despite starring in a rival special agent movie to husband Daniel Craig, she is loyal to James Bond and Jason Bourne.'

'Rachel said: "Oh gosh, that's an unfair question! How do I answer that? Where do my loyalties lie? To both. I want them both to do well. I don't have to choose do I? People can see them both. I would like them both to sell an equally enormous number of tickets."'
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Volante, that's how I feel: I don't wish one any hard feelings because of the other. Sure, I've loved Bond a lot longer than Bourne, and Bond a great deal more, but both are incredibly entertaining series, and you'll spot me seeing both in theaters, hopefully more than once.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Volante, that's how I feel: I don't wish one any hard feelings because of the other. Sure, I've loved Bond a lot longer than Bourne, and Bond a great deal more, but both are incredibly entertaining series, and you'll spot me seeing both in theaters, hopefully more than once.

Yeah, I'm exactly the same. Love Bond the most, but also a big fan of Jeremy Renner and of the Bourne series; really looking forward to both. 2012 is a great year for films.