No Time To Die - Deleted Scenes *SPOILER warning*

Comments

jake24 wrote: »
    Can anyone recall if the moments where Bond runs through the door in the PTS

Just saw it once, but yeah, I think it's there.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    How is there even any debate about that overhead shot of the Aston? I've seen the film twice now, and it was most certainly there both times!
  • This scene was also cut....

yAu5MFN.png

I kinda wish they kept it. It's pretty badass and actually makes me like that hideous green coat. Unfortunately, it made the cutting room floor. For those interested, Cary gave an interview where he explained that no full scenes were deleted from NTTD - just moments to truncate scenes. Which seems to be the case from the evidence we have gathered here. No whole scenes appear to be missing.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Pierce2Daniel There’s a scene in which Bond arrives with the Vantage and reloads the gun as per the trailer. Not sure if that’s the scene you’re talking about but it’s in the film.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited October 2021 Posts: 2,730
    I reckon 25% of the shots from the trailers/tv spots/ BTS are not in the film, and 25% are alternate takes/digitally edited.

maybe thats hyperbole but my point stands. Would love to see a directors cut, and yeah if anyones up to making a compilation of deleted/alternate stuff, that would be cool.

Definitely deleted stuff from bond retired in Jamaica and
    after that intense boat scene, because the cut to Mi6 garage is weird
    and also the villain probably. Also the outdoor scene in London looked like it was reshoot from one earlier indoor version.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The stunt where the seaplane was flown under a shipping crane didn't make the film as far as I could see.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    This scene was also cut....

yAu5MFN.png

I kinda wish they kept it. It's pretty badass and actually makes me like that hideous green coat. Unfortunately, it made the cutting room floor.

It looks like an alternative angle of this shot.

flhkw5i4xus71.png

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Also I don't think we saw the DB5's rear guns used, did we?

48500441-10038091-Action_The_car_had_bullet_holes_in_the_glass_and_scratches_acros-a-29_1632847316398.jpg
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    Looks like they cut at least half of the car chase in Matera. This is what I expected the most from this film, and in the end it's ok but very short and not really spectacular.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Longer would be nice, but I think it was spectacular.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited October 2021 Posts: 467
    I don't think that a huge amount was cut. It's the PTS, the car chase is not supposed to last for 30 minutes, especially when there's another sequence in Norway that comes first.

But it was the sequence that got the most coverage on the Internet, with a lot of photos and videos, supplied by the crew, the locals and even a few Bond enthusiasts (including people who post here) who had made the trip. So, you had a lot of stuff that was covered from many angles, providing the illusion there was much more.
    Barbara and Michael allowed this to happen because it's the PTS. There's not a lot of plot details that can leak from these scenes. While security for the other action set pieces was much higher, as there were very few leaks about these until the trailer.
    https://www.commander007.net/2021/mourir-peut-attendre-les-scenes-coupees-autres-differences-avec-les-bandes-annonces/

This article explains in detail what is missing and I really think it is at least half of it. Too bad they cut in action sequences first when a movie is too long.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    mtm wrote: »
    The stunt where the seaplane was flown under a shipping crane didn't make the film as far as I could see.

I think after they take off you just barely see them fly underneath the last crane, which begins the flying sequence, but I'm not 100% sure. I remember missing this as well as there was a whole featurette about it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't think that a huge amount was cut. It's the PTS, the car chase is not supposed to last for 30 minutes, especially when there's another sequence in Norway that comes first.

But it was the sequence that got the most coverage on the Internet, with a lot of photos and videos, supplied by the crew, the locals and even a few Bond enthusiasts (including people who post here) who had made the trip. So, you had a lot of stuff that was covered from many angles, providing the illusion there was much more.
    Barbara and Michael allowed this to happen because it's the PTS. There's not a lot of plot details that can leak from these scenes. While security for the other action set pieces was much higher, as there were very few leaks about these until the trailer.

Sure, but as we see, at least one gadget got cut out (potentially the numberplates too).

I think after they take off you just barely see them fly underneath the last crane, which begins the flying sequence, but I'm not 100% sure. I remember missing this as well as there was a whole featurette about it.

Yeah I'm not sure either but I couldn't make it out if they did. For what is quite a dangerous (if slightly pointless!) stunt it's a shame not to see it.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I was looking for the flight under the crane, and believe a part of it is there before the plane flies off.

Also I don't think we saw the DB5's rear guns used, did we?

48500441-10038091-Action_The_car_had_bullet_holes_in_the_glass_and_scratches_acros-a-29_1632847316398.jpg
    I think this makes sense of some of the action after the little Q-bombs are released. The rear guns themselves aren't shown, but their effect on the opposition is. I'll look closer next time.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh yes, doesn't something happen to the car pursuing coming from the direction of the sheep?
    To be honest I found that moment a little confusing: Fukunaga's action directing isn't the clearest- I found I often didn't understand the layout of the scenes he'd presented.
    In the interview, in earlier post above, Cary says his own cut was just under 3 hrs to start with. Then they trimmed scenes.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I know some folks griped about the runtime, but I honestly wouldn't mind an extended director's cut when this comes out on video. ^_^
    I totally agree. After the U-turn in front of the sheep, we don't understand what is happening. And the rest is quite confusing. I have the feeling that they cut a lot of shots to connect others in a muddled way. This pursuit is disappointing.
    I'm not sure I'd go that far. The Matera chase is still a riveting sequence, but it was a victim of the behemoth runtime.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 10,586
    The above article makes it seem as if they cut half the sequence, when in reality it was probably closer to 20 seconds (it's really just a shot of the car drifting through an open area and the motorcycle bit). For all we know those bits were simply too unremarkable to make the cut. I'm far more upset at the harpoon bit from Jamaica being replaced with an alternate take of Bond holding the pistol instead. They probably thought it would be impractical for Bond to be pointing a harpoon at an intruder and decided to sacrifice some iconography for realism.

edited October 2021 Posts: 48
    There is also the sequence where Bond drives up the street avoiding the cars, and some other shots seen in the trailers. It may be 45 seconds cut, but I gladly exchange them for 45 seconds of the insipid dialogue between Bond and Safin!
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Minion wrote: »
    I know some folks griped about the runtime, but I honestly wouldn't mind an extended director's cut when this comes out on video. ^_^

To paraphrase Le Chiffre, "I would welcome that with open arms!"
    This scene was also cut....

yAu5MFN.png

I kinda wish they kept it. It's pretty badass and actually makes me like that hideous green coat. Unfortunately, it made the cutting room floor.

It looks like an alternative angle of this shot.

flhkw5i4xus71.png

No this isn't an alternative angle. This IS the shot. Note where the camera is and the angle of the camera. It's slightly behind Daniel and is pointed up. The shot in the film is what they're shooting here.
    So do we think there WILL be a director's cut?
    So do we think there WILL be a director's cut?

Doubtful. It would be an EON first.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited October 2021 Posts: 2,895
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm far more upset at the harpoon bit from Jamaica being replaced with an alternate take of Bond holding the pistol instead. They probably thought it would be impractical for Bond to be pointing a harpoon at an intruder and decided to sacrifice some iconography for realism.

Yes, could and should have been a classic image. Hope it wasn't changed because of the British tabloids, who'd failed to spot that it was a speargun and had been sneering about Bond having an unfeasibly large pistol, etc.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    We saw pictures of Daniel smoking a cigar in Jamaica, were they cut scenes from the film or was that Daniel in between takes?

It would have been a nice scene to segue from the dingy to London, if we went back to Bond's villa, he begins to smoke the cigar for Felix and that's what drives him to go to back to MI6
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    We saw pictures of Daniel smoking a cigar in Jamaica, were they cut scenes from the film or was that Daniel in between takes?

It would have been a nice scene to segue from the dingy to London, if we went back to Bond's villa, he begins to smoke the cigar for Felix and that's what drives him to go to back to MI6

Good point; he was in his swimming gear wasn't he? Hard to see how that would have fitted in considering he seemed to be surprised to find a cigar butt in his house.
  • So tempted to go for a third viewing of NTTD, but I've still got Dune, Last Night at Soho and the French Dispatch to see. So perhaps not enough time for Bond again. Has anyone gone more than once?

I'm so tempted to go back to see if some of these shots did get edited out, for example, can we remember if this shot made the cut? It's one of Sandgren's most beautiful visuals from the trailers.

FBg4MArVkAkGtML?format=jpg&name=medium