No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It’s so funny seeing the likes of Primo and Safin smiling and hugging Bond so often behind the scenes. Bet there was a great atmosphere on set.

They all seem to get on so well. I am loving the whole Daniel and Rami bromance

Here is a nice group interview from EW

• Craig really does seem incredibly happy that his Bond tenure is over. This is by far the happiest and most relaxed I've seen him for any press junket for a Bond film.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2021 Posts: 7,518
    MAKING OF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
    Page numbers denoted in three digit numbers (which made me confused as to why they'd have Alec Trevelyan come back to do a foreword). These will indicate chapter sizes.
    FOREWORD (006)
    "WELCOME BACK, MR. BOND" (008)
    A COLD AND LONELY PLACE (020)
    PRE-CREDITS SEQUENCE (034)
    HERACLES HIJACK (062)
    SPIRITUAL HOME (076)
    UNDER COVER OF NIGHT (088)
    MAN DOWN (114)
    MADE IN BRITAIN (122)
    AN OLD FOE (142)
    FAMILY MATTERS (148)
    STEALTH WEAPON (162)
    POISON ISLAND (168)
    EPILOGUE (190)

Deleted; this isn't really the thread for it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2021 Posts: 12,459
    Thanks, @NickTwentyTwo
    Deleted: Sorted (good call @4EverBonded).
    See, now I thought my quote used was minor and in general of interest but in no way spoiling. But I will delete it; no worries.
    See, now I thought my quote used was minor and in general of interest but in no way spoiling. But I will delete it; no worries.

I agree with you 100%, it's just that a member up above specifically requested contents of the book be put in spoiler tags as his copy was coming soon.

EDIT: I deleted the second part of my post as it was probably irrelevant in this thread.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 12,459
    deleted
  • StarkStark France
    Fukunaga wanted to shoot more of the film in IMAX cameras but couldn't because Christopher Nolan was using them on Tenet :

https://collider.com/cary-joji-fukunaga-no-time-to-die-napoleon-interview/
    I am generaly curious: For those who have seen the film on IMAX, did it significantly improve the experience? I have seen the film three times in a regular format now. How much have I been missing?
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 847
    MAKING OF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
    Page numbers denoted in three digit numbers (which made me confused as to why they'd have Alec Trevelyan come back to do a foreword). These will indicate chapter sizes.
    FOREWORD (006)
    "WELCOME BACK, MR. BOND" (008)
    A COLD AND LONELY PLACE (020)
    PRE-CREDITS SEQUENCE (034)
    HERACLES HIJACK (062)
    SPIRITUAL HOME (076)
    UNDER COVER OF NIGHT (088)
    MAN DOWN (114)
    MADE IN BRITAIN (122)
    AN OLD FOE (142)
    FAMILY MATTERS (148)
    STEALTH WEAPON (162)
    POISON ISLAND (168)
    EPILOGUE (190)

Thanks you, well I didn't see the 12 pages "WELCOME BACK, MR. BOND" is pretty worrying, wonder how they can resume the Danny Boyle period in only 12 pages...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Question about the missile silo that was converted into the manufacturing farm…

What exactly was in the water/liquid with the light rods? Was this supposed to be where the nano-bots were harvested? I didn’t understand what that had to do with Safin’s whole facility.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Question about the missile silo that was converted into the manufacturing farm…

What exactly was in the water/liquid with the light rods? Was this supposed to be where the nano-bots were harvested? I didn’t understand what that had to do with Safin’s whole facility.

Maybe he was experimenting with other drugs/chemicals in addition to Heracles? He seemed to have plants in that poison garden that could do many different things.

Maybe some part of the development of Heracles required some kind of acid bath. It all seemed to play well enough with what was going on I thought.

EDIT: maybe we’re talking about different pools of water; perhaps the light rods were there to photosynthesize something they were growing in the water. Or maybe just for aesthetic effect.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    They don't really go into it. My interpretation was they were growing the DNA material the nanobots needed to attack their targets, which then went into the vials in the room Nomi plants the explosives in.
    Some kind of algae farm but the liquid is acidic hence the pink outfits protecting the workers. The algae must be a component of Heracles.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 10,586
    jobo wrote: »
    I am generaly curious: For those who have seen the film on IMAX, did it significantly improve the experience? I have seen the film three times in a regular format now. How much have I been missing?
    To be quite honest, yes, it is very worth it if you live near a proper IMAX theatre. Depending on where you’re seated, the scenes filmed in IMAX quite literally fill your entire peripheral vision without seeming like you’re too close to the screen. The PTS is downright awesome to experience in this format.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 6,665
    Have we seen this? Plenty of others on the channel. Lovely vids.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Lea certainly knows her stuff :D

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Denbigh wrote: »

She can sign up here.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited October 2021 Posts: 2,630
    Not sure if this was already noted but Daniel Craig will be on The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon tomorrow, 12 October 2021.
    Why were those page @NickTwentyTwo posted removed from the site? Barely managed to read the first one.
    Weren't they under spoiler tag?
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Because they weren't *minor* spoilers.
    Ah ok. Only gave a glimpse. And will they be reposted or have been moved to a specific thread?

She can sign up here.

I already did.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mattjoes wrote: »

She can sign up here.

I already did.

You re lovely.
    mattjoes wrote: »

She can sign up here.

I already did.

You re lovely.

Twice as lovely in the firelight.
    Why were those page @NickTwentyTwo posted removed from the site? Barely managed to read the first one.

The page numbers are still there in spoiler tags. Just the paragraph about the end was removed.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

The page numbers are still there in spoiler tags. Just the paragraph about the end was removed.

Would it be rude to ask you to share the paragraph in a spoiler designed section? @NickTwentyTwo
    Is it a good book by the way? It says it's available to pre order on the website
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 441
    Stark wrote: »
    Fukunaga wanted to shoot more of the film in IMAX cameras but couldn't because Christopher Nolan was using them on Tenet :

https://collider.com/cary-joji-fukunaga-no-time-to-die-napoleon-interview/

Btw, I completely forgot that NTTD was supposed to be released before Tenet.