Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So The Witcher 3 is a lot like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, in that way. It requires a lot of your time.

As for Contracts 2, I lost momentum to be honest. I finished the game, but it was when I was doing my sweep up of the outstanding trophies. When I moved, a lot of things had to be put on hold. Now I am able to start picking things up again, I restarted my playthrough. Though this time, rather than play through till the end, then go back through each location, I am completing each mission 100% before moving onto the next. I have 100% on the first mission, including the trophy for completing it on the highest difficulty, which is a lot easier than it sounds.

I'm waiting to hear your thoughts on the Contract games. I think we had the same feeling towards Ghost Warrior 3, so I think you'll like the redesign they underwent with Contracts. I did read somewhere, weeks ago, that Contracts 2 had already passed the point where it needed to be considered a hit, and the devs were at work planning Contracts 3.

Indeed it does, though it doesn't feel as hard as The Witcher 3, nor are there as many pivotal, important quests that are missable. I tried out Kingdom Come: Deliverance a couple years back and found it to be incredibly immersive but didn't care for that aspect, where I could miss out on huge quest lines or important moments because I didn't tackle a certain quest quickly enough and had no indication as to which ones were timed or not. I want to return to it sometime though when my backlog isn't as huge and I have the time.

And that sounds like the best option. I remember when I was starting Red Dead Redemption 2, which I still need to return to and complete, I was trying to get the Gold Star requirements or whatever they were called on each mission as I went along, to prevent myself from having to replay them all over again.

And indeed, Ghost Warrior 3 was very enjoyable for what it was and the two Contracts installments seem to be very similar in style and playthroughs. I'll try and grab the first one next time it's on sale.
    Well it’s achievement hunting time again as my brother is 1000 points higher again so I am playing through assassins creed 4 black flag
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Well it’s achievement hunting time again as my brother is 1000 points higher again so I am playing through assassins creed 4 black flag

You've got this. 1,000 points is nothing, you'll be ahead in no time.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 13,882
    Risico007 wrote: »

Black Flag was the game that got me back into the AC series. Once the Jackdaw was upgraded enough, it was so fun to sail off in search of a Man O’ War ships to pick fights with.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Finished up Green Hell on PC. Now moving on to Back 4 Blood, which is created by the people behind Left 4 Dead.

Played the Back 4 Blood beta and it was OK. We will see how the actual game plays.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 40,370
    Finished up Green Hell on PC. Now moving on to Back 4 Blood, which is created by the people behind Left 4 Dead.

Played the Back 4 Blood beta and it was OK. We will see how the actual game plays.

I also found the Back 4 Blood to be "OK" at best. Didn't have the same magic as the L4D series and I thought the gunplay and audio was wildly generic for a return to that formula after all this time. Going to pass on paying that kind of money for the full game. It's a shame, I was really excited for it.

As for me, I'm close to wrapping up the Blood & Wine DLC for The Witcher 3, then off to beat it on the hardest difficulty before I'm done for good. Think I'll stick to some random indie titles I need to get around to while I await the newly, officially announced remaster of the GTA Trilogy. I can't wait to see what they've done with it.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I also found the Back 4 Blood to be "OK" at best. Didn't have the same magic as the L4D series and I thought the gunplay and audio was wildly generic for a return to that formula after all this time. Going to pass on paying that kind of money for the full game. It's a shame, I was really excited for it.

Absolutely, the sound was very generic. All the guns sounded the same, with no variation. Hoping that was just a Beta thing though.

Absolutely, the sound was very generic. All the guns sounded the same, with no variation. Hoping that was just a Beta thing though.

Do let me know if it changes. There were lots of aspects that were quite generic to me, and the game seems highly susceptible to microtransactions with that card system in place.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
    I switched my style from 'Sharpshooter' to 'Echelon', kitting my character out in the Third Echelon gear, along with the SC420K (as my primary) & the SC-IS (as my sidearm), un-equpping my Tac-50 sniper for that extra Splinter Cell experience. This will be the closest we will get to a new Splinter Cell.... indefinitely. Especially with how Ubisoft are moving into the F2P arena.

I have not previously had the dislike for Ubisoft that many others have, but twisting Ghost Recon into the Fortnite mould, really turns me off. NOW I am glad that we aren't getting another Splinter Cell. I would hate to see it suffer the fate that Ghost Recon is about to suffer.
    I switched my style from 'Sharpshooter' to 'Echelon', kitting my character out in the Third Echelon gear, along with the SC420K (as my primary) & the SC-IS (as my sidearm), un-equpping my Tac-50 sniper for that extra Splinter Cell experience. This will be the closest we will get to a new Splinter Cell.... indefinitely. Especially with how Ubisoft are moving into the F2P arena.

I have not previously had the dislike for Ubisoft that many others have, but twisting Ghost Recon into the Fortnite mould, really turns me off. NOW I am glad that we aren't getting another Splinter Cell. I would hate to see it suffer the fate that Ghost Recon is about to suffer.

I’ve wanted a new Splinter Cell for so long but now I want anything but. I’m sure they’d grind the series into the dirt and destroy the heart of what made it so fantastic in the first place, before packing in microtransactions and an awful MP mode (something the series has had in the past that was really niche and fun.)

I’ve wanted a new Splinter Cell for so long but now I want anything but. I’m sure they’d grind the series into the dirt and destroy the heart of what made it so fantastic in the first place, before packing in microtransactions and an awful MP mode (something the series has had in the past that was really niche and fun.)

Probably, knowing Ubisoft.

There are microtransactions in Breakpoint, but their inclusion has been blown out of proportions by the gaming community. I hate microtransactions as much as the next person, but on this playthrough currently clocking in at 32 hrs, I haven't paid a penny in real world money. My original playthrough, which was about 30 hrs (stopped through no fault of the game)..... I didn't pay a penny in real world money.

But I completely agree on Splinter Cell. I mean, look what they are about to do with Ghost Recon. If they thought they could get away with it, Ubisoft would absolutely gut Splinter Cell of what made the series so so good, just to chase a trend, that is not compatible with Splinter Cell. Two different types of gamers, like a Venn Diagram that doesn't meet at the middle.

And don't even get me started on Gear Score. What a dumb idea. Whomever come up with that, should be slapped around the loins by a Portuguese Man of War. It was a part of Breakpoint at launch, but the fanbase took one look at it and let out a collective "Nooooope", so Ubisoft had to put out an update allowing for players to turn off Gear Scoring. :))
    https://nichegamer.com/resident-evil-4-vr-censorship/

Not supporting this garbage. This social climate is becoming worse by the day.

In better news, Metroid Dread was a fantastic, long-awaited game that can sit among the great series' best.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    It’s been a few days but I played the first level of Back 4 Blood. It was fun but I thought it played a little stiff. Something about the aiming but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.
    I’ve also been playing Alan Wake Remastered and Metroid: Dread. I’m enjoying my time with both, especially Dread.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    https://nichegamer.com/resident-evil-4-vr-censorship/

Not supporting this garbage. This social climate is becoming worse by the day.

And people say wokeness doesn't exist, it's just misogynists. The people complaining about the content of RE4 VR, don't even play games. All they do, is sit in a darkened room thinking up new things to be offended about, and posting it on Twitter.

Train Sim World 2
    Some more Northern Trans-Penine, one of the few dlcs for this game that i've bought. After the uncomfortable Dev Q&A stream the other night, now I am glad that I don't have much dlc. I feel bad for those who have hit the PS5 dlc cap. All that money spent, and now they have to delete dlc to fit more on. And then there's something about the game becoming unstable with all the dlc. It's a mess. Cornwall was going to be released today but that has now been delayed. I was considering buying that route too.
    It’s been a few days but I played the first level of Back 4 Blood. It was fun but I thought it played a little stiff. Something about the aiming but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.
    I’ve also been playing Alan Wake Remastered and Metroid: Dread. I’m enjoying my time with both, especially Dread.

That’s how I felt with B4B’s beta. I wasn’t impressed.

And as soon as I have some extra money, I’ve got to pick up Alan Wake Remastered.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 13,882
    As it was Halloween, I jumped on Friday The 13th to see if I could get into any matches. Played 3, died in 2. So I uploaded my 1 survival.

Pinehurst. My leave favourite map (as a counsellor - there's too much open space), and that's the one I survived on. Bloody Pinehurst. What are the chances?
  • urongamonurongamon USA
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1
    I've been playing only FIFA lately. Before that, I played cs go, but my desire to play was lost entirely because of ping problems. Although I checked the internet speed at home and all indicators are excellent. So now I prefer to play on consoles. Recently, FIFA 22 was added to my list of console games. On this site, https://www.cdkeysforgames.com/consoles/fifa-22-ps5/, I chose a fantastic online store with reasonable prices. To be honest, playing on PlayStation is much more comfortable. The best part is that you can play lying down anywhere in the room.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited November 2021 Posts: 2,035
    I'm doing a trophy clean up of Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4. Currently at 70%.

The back log is quite long though:

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
    Resident Evil Village
    Mafia Remastered (via PS Now)
    Killzone HD (via PS Now

When they are reduced, I will get Far Cry 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I was hoping some of you chaps could help me out by recommending some reliable harddrives for gaming to purchase around the 2TB range. I've tried researching for reliable brands in the past, but came up with very mixed results from the reviews of some of the models I saw most frequently popping up.

I'm currently at a point where I have everything removed from my console that I can bring myself to remove, and I'm stuck not having enough free space to do anything without deleting the games I play equally as much as the others. And given that two of the three I have downloaded are well over 100 GB, I don't care to delete them and then redownload all those gigs again later. Just looking for a reliable, solid option for a harddrive to remove the headache I'm currently experiencing. Not looking to download a million games, so I'm not intending to make a gigantic investment in a super harddrive, but some meaty additional space would be nice to have.

Appreciate any help you can give me!
    I can't help, i'm afraid @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I only have 3 games of my pc, and none of them are recent releases.

It's appropriate that for my 13th platinum trophy to be for a horror game, The Sinking City. Had to use some careful saving, at specific points, but I got it in the end. Great game, bags of gloomy, otherworldly atmosphere. Any fans of Lovecraft should check this out poste haste.
    I can't help, i'm afraid @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I only have 3 games of my pc, and none of them are recent releases.

It's appropriate that for my 13th platinum trophy to be for a horror game, The Sinking City. Had to use some careful saving, at specific points, but I got it in the end. Great game, bags of gloomy, otherworldly atmosphere. Any fans of Lovecraft should check this out poste haste.

Congratulations! That game seemed interesting, nearly checked it out on sale.

I'm slogging through the GTA "Definitive Edition" titles now, which are anything but - filled with bugs and issues. Some lighting improvements and graphical enhancements mean nothing when the base game is this bad. It's embarrassing.

I need 100 taxi fares completed now for my GTA III Platinum, then I'll be moving on to San Andreas because Vice City has a lengthy, troubling trophy that's currently glitched for everyone, so I'll wait.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 13,882

It's worth looking in to, especially if it's on sale. There aren't many games like it on console. Black Mirror was ok. I haven't played Call Of Cthulhu yet.
    I'm slogging through the GTA "Definitive Edition" titles now, which are anything but - filled with bugs and issues. Some lighting improvements and graphical enhancements mean nothing when the base game is this bad. It's embarrassing.

I need 100 taxi fares completed now for my GTA III Platinum, then I'll be moving on to San Andreas because Vice City has a lengthy, troubling trophy that's currently glitched for everyone, so I'll wait.

I was curious about them. But what you have said there, matches up with what I have heard about them elsewhere. A buggy mess. I'll avoid them for the time being.

It's worth looking in to, especially if it's on sale. There aren't many games like it on console. Black Mirror was ok. I haven't played Call Of Cthulhu yet.

I was curious about them. But what you have said there, matches up with what I have heard about them elsewhere. A buggy mess. I'll avoid them for the time being.

The last time I looked, the Metacritic score was 0.5 out of 100. That tells you all you need to know; my childhood bias and extreme nostalgia had me heartily diving into these, preordering them as soon as they were announced (something I almost never do with games anymore). I've certainly learned my lesson. I'm not sure when the next time will be that I buy a game day one, but I hope it's never again. I've been burned too many times.

Grove Street Games (who were responsible for these "definitive editions") mostly work on mobile ports, even using the mobile ports of these as the remaster, which tweaked some mission requirements and was responsible for all these bugs and issues that weren't present in the originals/the ports. It's very upsetting. I don't see them doing much in the way of patches and fixes.
    0.5/100? Ouch. I still have GTA3 and GTA: San Andreas plus a working PS2 *touch wood*, something tells me that I would be better off dusting off my PS2 and playing the original games, rather than these half baked Remasters.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 235
    0.5/100? Ouch. I still have GTA3 and GTA: San Andreas plus a working PS2 *touch wood*, something tells me that I would be better off dusting off my PS2 and playing the original games, rather than these half baked Remasters.

I heard the remaster is awful from reviews I read. This what gaming is turning into these days we can't even remaster a game no wonder newer games are horrible.
    Just recently bought and beat Bioshock Infinite and Doom Eternal Ancient gods part 2.

The kicker is that Rockstar removed the original PS2 ports on the PS4 just a couple of weeks before the "Definitive Edition" installments came out, which literally makes no sense to me. I guess they thought if people still want them, they can shell out more for inferior versions. That's Rockstar for you these days, I guess.
  • DraxCucumberSandwichDraxCucumberSandwich United Kingdom
    Currently playing Hades.
    An amazing addictive game. Once you get over the steep learning curve at the start, get to grips with the mechanics and get your first clearance, then the game just gets better and better.
    Trying out different builds and weapon aspects is a delight. My advice would be to save your sanity by making use of God Power mode, to lower the curve
  • DraxCucumberSandwichDraxCucumberSandwich United Kingdom
    The other great thing about it is that a run through typically takes about 30 minutes. Perfect length for a quick gaming session
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Just picked up Call of duty Vanguard and Jurassic World Evaluation 2. We’ll see how they turn out!