Comments

• edited October 2021 Posts: 4,400
    @matt_u you're right!

Was this scene cut?

GkSjW7P.png
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Yep cut as well.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 847
    Well, I did review the entire first trailer, who knew that there was so much shoots not in the film in it! : https://www.commander007.net/2021/mourir-peut-attendre-les-scenes-coupees-autres-differences-avec-les-bandes-annonces/

I will continue but it will take month with all trailers/vlogs/spots/pictures (I have all this in my hardrive)... Need to be methodic, do one trailer at the time.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Also, just thought I'd mention. They did a great job removing the spoilers from these shots.

e4TQNS3.png
    6b6a6479b43a96fc16df3a0b1600ea2c.png

• edited October 2021 Posts: 6,665
    And that would've made it a great film!
    It’s a shame they deleted that scene in Roupell Street. I think there was a shot of the car going past the (mighty) King’s Arms, and I will have to break it to the magnificent bar staff next week. Over a pint or few.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Also missing is another bit of dialogue (apparently) And a shot of the DB5 changing it's plates from BMT 216A to the film-used A 4269 00. It's referenced in interviews with crew members, and also in the Bond's DB5 book.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This movie is sharp, definitely not a mess in any way.
    It's interesting to go over deleted scenes but that doesn't mean the film is sloppy, or even worse for having made those deletions. We all have favorite shots that may not make it in the final film.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    They definately removed "the past isn't dead" from the final film, watched the movie again last night and I spot that. :(
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    They definately removed "the past isn't dead" from the final film, watched the movie again last night and I spot that. :(

That line is in the film.
  • There's a gorgeous shot in one of the trailers of Madeleine looking over her shoulder which I don't recall seeing in the final film (and I've watched it twice).
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    cwl007 wrote: »

Nope, when he return to the hotel room he said somethin about letting go, and not that line.
    There's a gorgeous shot in one of the trailers of Madeleine looking over her shoulder which I don't recall seeing in the final film (and I've watched it twice).

Which one ?

fVzFUJF.png
    Znpewvb.png

(I haven't checked them yet).

Are you sure, he say "letting go is hard" in the movie. But I noticed a different time that line of trailer wasn't always situed on the shoot showed, so maybe he say it elsewhere in the movie ?
  • cwl007cwl007 England

Are you sure, he say "letting go is hard" in the movie. But I noticed a different time that line of trailer wasn't always situed on the shoot showed, so maybe he say it elsewhere in the movie ?

Ah, interesting. I'll listen out for that in this week's second viewing.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Nope, when he return to the hotel room he said somethin about letting go, and not that line.

Exactly.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    matt_u wrote: »

Exactly.

On my first viewing I think I presumed that line ("The past isn't dead") was in there, but I also noticed on second viewing that it actually isn't.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I feel like there is probably a 3 1/2 hour cut of this film and they really had to whittle it down to 2hr 45m.

There are some interesting editing techniques I noticed, like two edits in a continual shot. Examples I noticed:
    • The arrival at Matera and the car going from the tunnel into the city
    • Bond walking across the bridge and then is in the graveyard.
    • The reveal of the Aston V8 into him driving off.
  • Agreed. On first watch I thought how did he get to that side of the car so fast!
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Mallory wrote: »
    I feel like there is probably a 3 1/2 hour cut of this film and they really had to whittle it down to 2hr 45m.

There are some interesting editing techniques I noticed, like two edits in a continual shot. Examples I noticed:
    • The arrival at Matera and the car going from the tunnel into the city
    • Bond walking across the bridge and then is in the graveyard.
    • The reveal of the Aston V8 into him driving off.

Yeah there definitely is a 3 hour plus cut of this film, the editing to show the change of location was creative but at times it was distracting.

The edit from the dingy, to the boat, to the garage in London was too abrupt for me. I think we needed more time with Bond to soak up Felix's death
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    DCisared wrote: »
    bondywondy wrote: »
    The overhead shot of the Aston is very cool. Pity if it's not in the final cut.

It is!

Sure it was. And Dolly wore braces. ;)
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    echo wrote: »
    DCisared wrote: »
    bondywondy wrote: »
    The overhead shot of the Aston is very cool. Pity if it's not in the final cut.

It is!

Sure it was. And Dolly wore braces. ;)

If you’re referring to the Aston doing doughnuts in Matera firing the mini guns, it most definitely was in there. ☺️
  • DB007DB007 Toronto
    You can't see Craig's tie rip in the opening fight with Primo. I was really looking forward to that one!
  • DB007DB007 Toronto
    The overhead Aston is shot is there. And he says "You're right, letting go is hard" instead of the past is dead line.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DB007 wrote: »
    You can't see Craig's tie rip in the opening fight with Primo. I was really looking forward to that one!

I forgot about that, that was a pretty cool shot.
  • DB007DB007 Toronto
    matt_u wrote: »
    They cut my favorite shot of the film:

DajnMrN.jpg

Plus this was cut as well...

5f630c81e7e29037aeb7effc_o_U_v2.jpg

I can't believe they cut that top shot. It's incredible.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 10,586
    Can anyone recall if the moments where Bond runs through the door in the PTS (shown in the Cary Fukunaga behind the scenes video) or the moment during the Cuba sequence where Bond throws the drink tray at one of the guards made it into the film? I can’t recall either of them.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    jake24 wrote: »
    Can anyone recall if the moments where Bond runs through the door in the PTS (shown in the Cary Fukunaga behind the scenes video) or the moment during the Cuba sequence where Bond throws the drink tray at one of the guards made it into the film? I can’t recall either of them.

I don't think the running through the door is but the tray scene definitely is.
    jake24 wrote: »

The tray scene is definitely there! Its the Scientist guy, Waldo, he knocks down with it!