NTTD & Corona

1666768697072»

Comments

The next sponsor of Bond :

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJzYXZldXJiaWVyZSIsImtleSI6ImltZy9wLzEzNC01MDM1My5qcGciLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ3ZWJwIjp7InF1YWxpdHkiOjgwfSwicG5nIjp7InF1YWxpdHkiOjgwfSwicmVzaXplIjp7IndpZHRoIjozMjgsImhlaWdodCI6MjI1LCJmaXQiOiJjb250YWluIiwiYmFja2dyb3VuZCI6eyJyIjowLCJnIjowLCJiIjowLCJhbHBoYSI6MH19fX0=
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    If BLACK PANTHER can get nominated, so can Bond.

Black Panther had an almost entirely black cast and giving that film a nomination was a massive virtue signal by the academy to say to the world “ Hey! We love black people! No racism here! Honest! Oh we’re sorry we let Harvey Weinstein get away with everything he did over the years and looked the other way by the way! “

The only way i see NTTD getting a best picture nom is if the new female black 007 puts Bond in his place during the entire movie and makes him apologise for being such a womaniser over the years.Bonus points if Moneypenney lodges a complaint with HR regarding tweets Bond made seven or so years ago and says directly to the screen “ BELIEVE WOMEN! “

Brilliant! Spot on 😆
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 13,879
    In the Aussie states that aren't on lockdown, it's the usual social distancing measures at cinemas and wear your face mask unless eating.
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    If BLACK PANTHER can get nominated, so can Bond.

Black Panther had an almost entirely black cast and giving that film a nomination was a massive virtue signal by the academy to say to the world “ Hey! We love black people! No racism here! Honest! Oh we’re sorry we let Harvey Weinstein get away with everything he did over the years and looked the other way by the way! “

The only way i see NTTD getting a best picture nom is if the new female black 007 puts Bond in his place during the entire movie and makes him apologise for being such a womaniser over the years.Bonus points if Moneypenney lodges a complaint with HR regarding tweets Bond made seven or so years ago and says directly to the screen “ BELIEVE WOMEN! “

Brilliant! Spot on 😆

Thank you!

Looking forward to streaming the Red Carpet event and watching the interviews! :-bd
    Did we ever find out what happened to James Millar, the terminally ill Bond fan whose daughter pleaded for him to be able to see NTTD in advance? Did he get to see the film? Did he end up passing away?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Did we ever find out what happened to James Millar, the terminally ill Bond fan whose daughter pleaded for him to be able to see NTTD in advance? Did he get to see the film? Did he end up passing away?

He never got to see it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Some results that I had yet on my world tour survey of the restrictions of the cinemas/theaters a week of the release of the film :

- France : Access to the cinemas (as to many places) is EXCLUSIVELY reserved to people who can present what we call here a "Pass sanitaire" (Health Pass). This is a paper or digital document that can be obtained if you have fulfilled at least one of the following three conditions:
    - Issued after 7 days to anyone who has received a second injection of a double injection vaccine recognized by the European Union (such as Pfizer) (for single injection vaccines such as Johnson & Johnson, it is 28 days later).
    - Have been tested negative for COVID via a screening test (like PCR test) less than 72 hours ago.
    - Have proof that you were infected (less than 6 months ago) and have since recovered.

There is currently no law that obliges cinema owners to require (except for eventual prefectural orders) the masks wearing for theirs customers. However, the law allows cinemas owners who wish to do it (on a voluntary basis) to require it, and/so in practice many cinemas owners impose to their customers to wear a mask during screenings.

- Germany: conditions vary according to the 16 “Länders” (states) of the country. If there are more than 50 infections per 100,000 inhabitants in some Länders during the week, entry conditions follow, as in France, what they call the 3 "G" (<em> Geimpft, Genesen, Geimpft </em> : Vaccinated, Cured or Tested). Sometimes it is "2G" (people only tested are then refused). The capacity of cinemas (sometimes down to 50%) and the rules for wearing a mask also vary according to the Länder and the week. The film is released on September 30.

- England: release on September 28 in cinemas open to all and where wearing a mask is not compulsory.

- Argentina: cinemas are open to everyone (except for the sick: your temperature is measured at the entrance) with a capacity gauge varying between 70% and 50%. The mask is compulsory during the screening. the film is released on September 30.

- Belgium: cinemas are open to everyone and wearing a mask is compulsory. Certain “social distancing” (leaving seats empty) rules may be in effect. The film is released on September 30.

- Colombia: The film will be released on September 29 and cinemas accept everyone, as long as it is wearing a mask (which you must keep during the screening). The theaters capacity limit gauge is expected to increase to 75% during the film's release week.

- South Korea: cinemas accessible to all (except for the sick: your temperature is measured at the entrance). Scan of a QR Code at the entrance (reminder book: to warn you & follow up if you have been in the presence of people who got COVID). Mask ara mandatory, and a space seat between groups of people too.

- Dubai: cinemas open to all, no need for a mask, just a little social distancing.

- United States: The film is released on October 8 and theaters are open and entry rules vary between the different states that make up the country, see : https://www.multistate.us/issues/covid-19-policy-tracker

- Japan: cinemas accessible to all and no law obliges cinema operators to impose the mask on their customers. However, many municipalities are asking cinemas to require masks, reduce capacity by 50% and limit opening hours (no screenings after 9 p.m.). Although these are not strict obligations (there is no penalty), many theaters comply with these municipal requirements. Film release October 1.

- Norway: cinemas open to all, no mask compulsory, rule of an empty seat between each group of people.

- Poland: Cinemas are open to everyone and wearing a mask during screenings is compulsory. The sessions are limited to 75 people (excluding vaccinated spectators).

- Russia: The film will be released on October 7 in cinemas open to all and it is not compulsory to wear a mask during screenings. A few seats to be left empty for social distancing, however.

- Switzerland: as in France, cinemas only welcome spectators who have their COVID certificates (basically the same 3 conditions, with some shorter deadline, as valid from the 2nd injection). No obligation to wear masks. The film will be released there on September 30.

- Thailand: Almost all cinemas are closed except for a few large complexes in Bangkok. The curfew which begins at 9:00 p.m., the absence of transport after 8:00 p.m., a rule of one empty seat between each group of people and the high number of contagions make it not profitable for cinemas to open. Wearing a mask is mandatory and the film will be released on October 7.

Need more, if you live in a country that is not listed, please feel free to add your country restrictions. (Would love to have Italy, Spain, China, Canada, Brasil, Australia, New Zeland, Mexico, Netherlands, Danemark)
    The survey form : https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/1212881/#Comment_1212881

So far, seem a good period to release the movie, lot of fans will have the possibility to see it.

JAPAN - I can report our theater had seats empty on either side of each person, everybody wore a face mask, only about 3 people brought in popcorn, hand sanitizer and wipes available as you walk in, signs and on cinema screen portraying and stating to wear face mask, sanitize. Japan has never had a strict law-enforced "lockdown" because their Constitution does not allow it. But people here do comply, the vast far majority, with face masks everywhere in public and in restaurants when not eating. It is, in general, very civil and citizens regarding keeping precautions as an ethical, correct thing to do to protect each other. I am so thankful to not live in an area where there are huge anti vaccine, anti face masks protests. I have been spared that.
    My cinema experience was wonderful. I see it again today. B-)
    I didn t see a single person wearing a face mask here.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Face mask mandates were lifted in my part of Belgium several weeks ago. During my four viewings of NTTD so far, neither I nor anyone else was wearing a mask. I did, however, plan my viewings strategically, i.e. when the theatre was mostly empty anyway. So people were sitting far away from each other.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Face mask mandates were lifted in my part of Belgium several weeks ago. During my four viewings of NTTD so far, neither I nor anyone else was wearing a mask. I did, however, plan my viewings strategically, i.e. when the theatre was mostly empty anyway. So people were sitting far away from each other.

But proof of vacination are mandate, we can't really talk of a step in the good direction...
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore

He never got to see it.

Damn. That's sad. After all that was done, no one from Universal, MGM or the producers and director were able to do anything?
    edited October 2021 Posts: 45,489
    imranbecks wrote: »

He never got to see it.

Damn. That's sad. After all that was done, no one from Universal, MGM or the producers and director were able to do anything?

Of course they were able. They just didn t want to.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

But proof of vacination are mandate, we can't really talk of a step in the good direction...

Not here.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore

Not even for someone who was terminally ill? That's terrible. I remembered Marvel did a special screening of Endgame for a Marvel fan who was dying. Just sad that Universal couldn't do the same for this Bond fan.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    All hearsay.
    Enjoyed the streaming the Red Carpet event and watching the interviews! :-bd
    imranbecks wrote: »

Not even for someone who was terminally ill? That's terrible. I remembered Marvel did a special screening of Endgame for a Marvel fan who was dying. Just sad that Universal couldn't do the same for this Bond fan.

Maybe considering how the movie ended,it was probably better the fan did NOT get to see it? Maybe the last film a massive Bond fan gets to see before he dies shouldn’t be one where his hero is killed?