No Time To Die - Deleted Scenes *SPOILER warning*

edited October 2021 in No Time To Die Posts: 4,400
I noticed that they deleted the scenes of Safin on the helicopter and the scene where Bond and Moneypenny arrive at Q's house. Has anyone else spotted any? Or has anything leaked that was deleted?

PfbXJQo.jpeg
daniel-craig-aston-martin-naomie-harris-1951337.jpg?r=1562621207459

I also think this shot from the trailer got cut out......

bcljIkn.jpeg

Mod Edit - Added a spoiler warning for those who haven't seen NTTD

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2021 Posts: 5,834
    @Pierce2Daniel Yeah, the Safin shot was definitely missing, and I was looking for it during that sequence so instantly noticed its absence. I think Bond and Moneypenny's arrival was probably cut due to the comedic effect of what we got, my audience actively laughed quite a bit at the way they showed up in the final cut. As for the birds-eye of the Aston Martin, that was definitely in there if I'm remembering correctly.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    The top view of the DB5 doing the donuts was definitely in the movie. How did you miss that? :))
    That scene prior to that with them in the car while being shot at was really intense by the way. So good!
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel Yeah, the Safin shot was definitely missing, and I was looking for it during that sequence so instantly noticed its absence.

In the context of the applicable scene, I find it more effective that that shot is not there.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 847
    Yes some walking with Madeleine in Matera, the shoot with the church in the background, Bond remove bagage from db5 at his arrival at hotel, DB5 immaticulation changement (?), a moto rider finish in a wall, the walk with the harpoon gun, Sting daugther, a moto rider jump above a Defender, "I've made you redundant" (?)...

But I will re-watch every trailer/images and compare them to the final film and do a very detail list. (When I will have the time)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I’ve made you redundant is in the film. There’s no “The past isn’t dead” I think.
    I think it is. Seems remember a close plan of the explosif activation in the building in the lab theft scene too. But for now I have a review to finish to wtrite before go full hunting dog on trailer differences. (If only #NoTimeToDie wasn't spammed on Insta, my work will be far easier).
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 4,023
    what happened to the bit in the pts where
    he rips off his tie before the fist fight?
    vzok wrote: »
    what happened to the bit in the pts where
    he rips off his tie before the fist fight?

Yeah. Forgot about that. Yup, I think that got cut out.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    What was noticable to me was how many lines sounded different in the trailer to the actual film. I'm aware this has happened before as they need the more dramatic delivery for the trailer, whereas in the film things need to sound more conversational. The ones I notice were different were:

Felix: "You're the only one I trust for this"
    Bond: "History isn't kind to men who play god"
    Blofeld: "Fate brings us back together. Now your enemy is my enemy"

The latter of these is said almost off-screen as we are mostly looking at Tanner in the viewing room while Blofeld says it.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    edited October 2021 Posts: 1,172
    I don't believe the computerised shot of Blofeld's head from 1:07 here was included either, but may be wrong (?)

"History isn't kind to men who play God" was changed to "History isn't kind to those of us who play God."
    Well the "poduction note" said there were on "honeymoon", no trace of any wedding mention in the film howewer...
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    imranbecks wrote: »
    "History isn't kind to men who play God" was changed to "History isn't kind to those of us who play God."

Yeah I came away disappointed with that one especially. The delivery of the line in the trailer gave me goosebumps and it didn't stand out in the film it was just another sentence
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've tried not to enjoy line delivery in trailers too much after they tweaked some of my favorite lines in both the finished films of SF and SP after I had really, really loved a particularly way they were delivered in the trailers.
    The overhead shot of the Aston is very cool. Pity if it's not in the final cut.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    bondywondy wrote: »
    The overhead shot of the Aston is very cool. Pity if it's not in the final cut.

It is!
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Well the "poduction note" said there were on "honeymoon", no trace of any wedding mention in the film howewer...

When Bond returns to the hotel after the bike scene, the concierge refers to Madeliene as his wife. But thats about it.
    Entering his Jamaican house with the speargun was alas also cut...
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Univex wrote: »

No way! Why would the cut that? Such an iconic image based on all the BTS footage we’ve seen… Ugh.

No way! Why would the cut that? Such an iconic image based on all the BTS footage we’ve seen… Ugh.

They substituted the speargun for a normal gun. Iconography...deleted. What a shame. What a waste this movie was.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified

They substituted the speargun for a normal gun. Iconography...deleted. What a shame. What a waste this movie was.

Oh no… 😳 I keep telling myself I’ll stay away from reviews and spoilers about NTTD, but it really does sound like a mess of a film. I of course want to judge it on my own terms but I won’t exactly be racing to see it: No Time To Watch.
  • Univex wrote: »

Yep.....It looks as though they used an alternative take of Craig walking into the house with the gun.

djioUTI.jpeg

I also recall reading - perhaps in the Omega catalogue - that Nomi is sent by M to Jamaica to recruit Bond to get Obruchev. In the final film, Nomi warns Bond not to go after Obruchev. I don't know if this was a late rewrite to make the relationship between the old and new 007 more adversarial. I can't find the Omega catalogue, but perhaps @Contraband can help?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

Yep.....It looks as though they used an alternative take of Craig walking into the house with the gun.

djioUTI.jpeg

I also recall reading - perhaps in the Omega catalogue - that Nomi is sent by M to Jamaica to recruit Bond to get Obruchev. In the final film, Nomi warns Bond not to go after Obruchev. I don't know if this was a late rewrite to make the relationship between the old and new 007 more adversarial. I can't find the Omega catalogue, but perhaps @Contraband can help?

I only have the photos left from the catalogue @Pierce2Daniel

Deleted the text. Sorry
    Mallory wrote: »

When Bond returns to the hotel after the bike scene, the concierge refers to Madeliene as his wife. But thats about it.

That's their cover right? They weren't really married... Were they?

No, the movie doesn't show or say anything to imply that. I think they were living there for a while, though, so the concierge might have been making an assumption.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 972

No, the movie doesn't show or say anything to imply that. I think they were living there for a while, though, so the concierge might have been making an assumption.

I don't think they were there for a while. They only just checked in when the movie started with Bond and her arriving at the hotel at the start and the hotel staff walking them up to their room. Bond and Madeliene spending the night in their room afterwards and then burning that piece of paper. The following morning was when Bond went to Vesper's grave and then all hell broke loose. So they were at the hotel for only a night.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yeah, they weren't there for a while, it was the next morning as @imranbecks points out, I still think @StirredNotShaken is right though in that it's just an assumption on the part of the concierge. I'm not if it's the same guy that checked them in, but it would make sense why he would make the assumption if he is. Also, just to add, they're definitely not married as obviously it would've been addressed later in the film.
    @Denbigh Yeah I knew they weren't married. Just needed to be certain because it was very cheeky when the concierge said his wife, sort of like hinting or teasing the viewers.. Lol.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2021 Posts: 5,834
    @Denbigh Yeah I knew they weren't married. Just needed to be certain because it was very cheeky when the concierge said his wife, sort of like hinting or teasing the viewers.. Lol.
    Yeah I feel you, even I was like "Oh really?", but then I was like "Ok no, they would've made sure to solidify that aspect of their relationship."
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2021 Posts: 4,343
    They cut my favorite shot of the film:

DajnMrN.jpg

Plus this was cut as well...

5f630c81e7e29037aeb7effc_o_U_v2.jpg