The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Arrow's Limited Edition Blu-ray of MAJOR DUNDEE (1965)...

major-dundee-900.jpg
    Evil of the Daleks

81oRxpRUJuS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Rami-Malek-no-time-to-die-interview-social.jpg
    Pre-ordered it.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    All on BD:
    550x702.jpg
    Hustlers (2019) € 5,00 (New)
    550x705.jpg
    Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961) € 5,00 (New)
    550x684.jpg
    Another Year (2010) € 2,25
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    81qj1ICcX8L._RI_.jpg
    4K As soon as the theme kicked in wow!
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 2,400
    Exit Wounds

Some early-ish Segal films, before he became a bloated parody of himself. Please don't slap me to death, Sensei.

*deep voice*
    Steven Seagal and DMX team up to make the bad guys ooze regret AND BLOOD out of their...

EXIT WOUNDS!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Exit Wounds

Some early-ish Segal films, before he became a bloated parody of himself. Please don't slap me to death, Sensei.

*deep voice*
    Steven Seagal and DMX team up to make the bad guys ooze regret AND BLOOD out of their...

EXIT WOUNDS!

What does it take to change the essence of a Steven Seagal film.

Exit Wounds

*deep voice*

EXIT WOUNDS!

What does it take to change the essence of a Steven Seagal film.

My favourite Seagal movie! :)) :)) :)) :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 13,882
    He puts about 10 people in hospital, yet he doesn't ask them that question. No redemption for them!

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!"

He's right there, there's no need to shout. :))
    You gotta love how he breaks a guy's arm and then KICKS ANOTHER GUY IN THE FACE *WITH THAT GUY*... and then you still have like half a dozen middle-aged douchebags calmly approach him and attempt to take him on :))
    Coincidentally, Exit Wounds is on TV at this moment. Love the nightclub fight.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2021 Posts: 13,882
    Yeah, then he breaks another guys arm and hurls him through a window! This from a guy who is about to go all spiritual. :))

Looking at the level of intelligence on display, I wouldn't trust them to make me a ham sandwich, let alone work on oil platforms and whatnot.

Also, isn't that the film where characters say stuff about Segal such as: "He's the guy that that the experts call when there's trouble" and "You can drop him off in the middle of the south pole, wearing nothing but his underwear, and carrying a toothbrush, and he'll turn up looking ready for work". It's been a long time since I watched On Deadly Ground. I'll get to it sooner or later....
    Don't forget Michael Caine doing the greatest, most flawless Texan accent in cinematic history :))
    I don't remember his accent, but I do remember his very odd looking hair in the film. What on earth was that all about?
    Also, isn't that the film where characters say stuff about Segal such as: "He's the guy that that the experts call when there's trouble" and "You can drop him off in the middle of the south pole, wearing nothing but his underwear, and carrying a toothbrush, and he'll turn up looking ready for work". It's been a long time since I watched On Deadly Ground. I'll get to it sooner or later....

That's right.

Incidentally, the Seagalogy book has a section at the end of each chapter where they cover the Seagal tropes of that film, for instance, those lines where the bad guys tell us how good/dangerous is Seagal. It's funny stuff.
  • Whirlybird_FanWhirlybird_Fan Sydney, Australia
    ME4B758_o.jpg
    ME4B75E_o.jpg
    109x155.jpg123x155.jpg
    BD: Get Smart (2008) € 1, 50
    BD: Snatch (2000) € 1,50

How-To-Be.jpg
    DVD: How To Be (2008) € 1,00
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2021 Posts: 23,102
    81PAqraljOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Been waiting on the 4K Boxset though walked into a shop and this was looking at me from a shelf so bought it. I only own 4 versions of this film lol
    ZAMA (L. Martel, 2017)
    91N1sExQjpL._RI_.jpg
    Found it on offer, still not seen this film.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    91N1sExQjpL._RI_.jpg

I just hope that it doesn't put you to sleep. ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    91N1sExQjpL._RI_.jpg

I am a fan of the Kubrick version of The Shining apparently they reference Kubricks film, so hopefully this one is not sleep inducing lol
    I was very disappointed in Dr Sleep. Thought it was rubbish.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    91N1sExQjpL._RI_.jpg

I am a fan of the Kubrick version of The Shining apparently they reference Kubricks film, so hopefully this one is not sleep inducing lol

Yes, I know the two Stephen King novels are linked. I've seen most of The Shining. Terrific horror film but I've not seen Doctor Sleep.
    91N1sExQjpL._RI_.jpg

Yes, I know the two Stephen King novels are linked. I've seen most of The Shining. Terrific horror film but I've not seen Doctor Sleep.

In one of the trailers for Doctor Sleep they show images from Kubrick's film, I have heard mixed reviews. It only cost me £3.99 to own from Prime video in the sale.
    91N1sExQjpL._RI_.jpg

In one of the trailers for Doctor Sleep they show images from Kubrick's film, I have heard mixed reviews. It only cost me £3.99 to own from Prime video in the sale.

Interesting that it is "Peels rotcod" backwards.
    triangle.jpg
    I was channel hopping and caught several minutes of this film and it looked intriguing so stopped watching and decided to buy it.
    The last movie I bought was Moonraker. Digital edition 4K uhh on Amazon. I wish I hadn’t bought it now...been so long since I’d seen it. Truly not a good film for me.
    The Way Of The Gun (2000) € 1,50. Directed by Christopher McQuarrie (Mission Impossible 5 & 6)

550x782.jpg

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    S7NH2yN.jpg