NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - First Reactions vs. Current Reactions

Comments

I kind of like that gunbarrel............
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I kind of like that gunbarrel............

What a twist!
    Still a hard pass for me. And I’ve never missed a Daniel Craig opening day Bond. No Time To Watch. 6 years worth of excitement crashes in 2 minutes. Some of you mentioned that the ending leaked 2 years ago. I never did see it.
    This kind of reaction is beyond me. What if you’ll turn out to like it? What if that ending fits perfectly the film and its story, like ALL users who WATCHED it confirmed inhere. Give it a chance, don’t be silly…
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Still a hard pass for me. And I’ve never missed a Daniel Craig opening day Bond. No Time To Watch. 6 years worth of excitement crashes in 2 minutes. Some of you mentioned that the ending leaked 2 years ago. I never did see it.

It was brought up some time ago, as a leaked storyline. It was either dismissed or shrugged off as "They'll make it seem like he's dead but he's not" sort of thing. When Zimmer's OST leaked, then the idea gained a lot more traction.

An interesting note worth considering: in this film, apparently, Bond becomes a "weapon," which is what he was all along: a blunt instrument. Safin has turned those tables on him. It makes sense that Bond's "body" is now a symbol (as it had been rising from the shore in CR) but more so than ever.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    tqb wrote: »
    Why are fans so toxic?
    So, for those who've seen it? Do we get lots of Jamaica time and Bondian scenes in his retreat? Or are they just fleeting?
    Lots? No honestly. There's maybe 4 or 5 scenes in Jamaica before it moves to Cuba.

Damn it. Now this gets me sad, not the other thing. But are the boat scenes still there? And the harpoon with the fishes? And do we get to see the house interior?

Yes all that is still there :)

Thank heavens :) Thank you.

The saddest thing is, most people who've seen it, fans included, are so centred on "the thing", that they're not commenting on probably many cool things that happen in the film :(
    An ending can ruin everything else or take one’s mind off everything that came before. Oculus is one such movie for me.

Maybe not actually a spoiler, but...

...yes, I'm witnessing that happening in the reactions too. Certainly the ending is the biggest element to talk about, but there is an absolutely classic Bond film unfolding in the other 2 hours and 42 minutes around it. And trust me, there is so much to discuss that fans will pick apart and love.

For goodness' sakes, there is even a deep cut Die Another Day reference I noticed that put a smile on my face. That's 20 years ago. We've come far enough now, the Bond film that was the mother of all reference-stuffing is now getting its references stuffed elsewhere! Ha!
    That's surprising! What's the DAD reference?
  • RainyRainy Skyfall
    It opens in a lot of locations on the 30th correct? Guessing more impressions will come in the next several hours. Looking forward to it.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    I've been reading this thread with great intent (spoilers have long ceased to bother me, especially with movies for which I don't have high hopes to begin with) and I must say I am not really shocked by the 'big reveal', nor does it really bother me.
    Like many here, I regard Craig's tenure as a completely different beast, much in the same vein as Nolan's Batman trilogy.
    If it's handeled properly and feels justified, then why not?
    My opinion may change upon viewing the movie but right now, this does not deter me from wanting to see it.
    OHMSS's ending was also highly unconventional at the time and divided opinions, but now that movie is rightly regarded as one of the franchise's undisputed jewels.
    Not that I think it will come anywhere close to OHMSS but one can always be pleasantly surprised.
    matt_u wrote: »
    This kind of reaction is beyond me. What if you’ll turn out to like it? What if that ending fits perfectly the film and its story, like ALL users who WATCHED it confirmed inhere. Give it a chance, don’t be silly…

here have some poison give it a chance you might die or you might see the most beautiful colors in the world...

Am i still seeing it yup am I happy with nearly any of the decisions NO
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Why are fans so toxic?
    So, for those who've seen it? Do we get lots of Jamaica time and Bondian scenes in his retreat? Or are they just fleeting?
    Lots? No honestly. There's maybe 4 or 5 scenes in Jamaica before it moves to Cuba.

Damn it. Now this gets me sad, not the other thing. But are the boat scenes still there? And the harpoon with the fishes? And do we get to see the house interior?

Yes all that is still there :)

Thank heavens :) Thank you.

The saddest thing is, most people who've seen it, fans included, are so centred on "the thing", that they're not commenting on probably many cool things that happen in the film :(
    An ending can ruin everything else or take one’s mind off everything that came before. Oculus is one such movie for me.

Maybe not actually a spoiler, but...

...yes, I'm witnessing that happening in the reactions too. Certainly the ending is the biggest element to talk about, but there is an absolutely classic Bond film unfolding in the other 2 hours and 42 minutes around it. And trust me, there is so much to discuss that fans will pick apart and love.

For goodness' sakes, there is even a deep cut Die Another Day reference I noticed that put a smile on my face. That's 20 years ago. We've come far enough now, the Bond film that was the mother of all reference-stuffing is now getting its references stuffed elsewhere! Ha!
    That's surprising! What's the DAD reference?
    Burned-up cigar with a DELECTADOS CUBA band
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Just saw the gunbarrel and it's one of the worst imo. Like the one in QoS, why is Craig in such a hurry? It's almost like he's anxious to get to the nearest bathroom.
    The pose is a weak attempt at channeling Brosnan (hated him as Bond but his gunbarrel posture was undeniably great) and the fade out is nothing to write home about... so it's different, great!
    I guess it's better than DAD's bullet, so there's that at least.
  • I have listened to the soundtrack, I have not seen the film. Based on the soundtrack, how many times is the guitar version of the Bond theme played within the film? I can figure out if we have missing music from the soundtrack or not.
  • I’ve skimmed the thread can anyone shed light in the title sequence themes, motifs etc beyond the dr no style dots?
  • I’ve skimmed the thread can anyone shed light in the title sequence themes, motifs etc beyond the dr no style dots?

The Dr.No style dots do not happen, with color or anything but it has something to with the universal logo. It is on youtube, if you want to see it. Title sequence, I know nothing ;)
  • Not the gun barrel the title sequence as in the title song. Someone mentioned in this thread that is referenced the coloured dots from Dr No.
  • JAQJAQ USA
    First meme about the big spoiler I've seen and I admit it made me chuckle...
    95d48d2b9a47fed653e607e97e1b7b9e3bd041d6.jpg
  • Not the gun barrel the title sequence as in the title song. Someone mentioned in this thread that is referenced the coloured dots from Dr No.

The Dr. No style dots happen as the introduction into the title sequence. It appears when it reads "Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions Ltd Presents"
  • Yes but what about the title sequence as a whole?
  • Tidbits from the title sequence:
    statue with trident, guns in the form of DNA, DB5 submerged at the bottom of the sea

If anyone else has seen it and can add anything, but that's as far as I remember
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    007007x wrote: »
    Tidbits from the title sequence:
    statue with trident, guns in the form of DNA, DB5 submerged at the bottom of the sea

If anyone else has seen it and can add anything, but that's as far as I remember
    bullets being fired with their "wake" becoming images of Bond, Madeleine, Vesper and Blofeld, safin masks exploding.
  • 007007x wrote: »

Why cannot anyone answer my simple question about how much guitar bond theme there is? You clearly see my question being asked.
  • 007007x wrote: »

Why cannot anyone answer my simple question about how much guitar bond theme there is? You clearly see my question being asked.

Very few moments, besides the gunbarrel and Bond heading back to MI6, I haven't really noticed it.
  • This is apalling. So, let me get this straight. The gunbarrel looks like a 3rd grader edited it. The big dots cut of the little dots. Almost again zero Bond theme, the only decent theme with the motif, is that agent who has 30 seconds of screentime, which she is completely dominate in the scene. I though the bond theme was for Bond and not anyone else. Hans Zimmer did a disservice, scoring a bond film, and not even using the theme LOL. That is utterly pathetic, plus these themes from other bond movies being used within the film that have nothing to do with it is a joke. The film was delayed over a year and this is the best score they came up with. I do not care what the film is about, but to score it like it is a love story is utter crap. You had plenty of time to properly do this. Then this nanobot technology, and bond dies at the end from some missile nonsense. Of course, he has a daughter, we got to continue the bs script of Craigs era, and this is why his movies aren't even bond movies, in my humble opinion. Missing complete parts of the formula. Yet, these young generation seems to be more important to Barbra broccoli, as well as Daniel Craig to appease them versus your entire cliente. This movie, I do not think i will ever see this crap film. I had high hopes but this is unforgivable. Been a fan for 25 years and this is a laughing stock. Just to appease Daniel Craig as a sign off. Not worth it, at all.
  • Garth007Garth007 Missouri, USA
    This is apalling. So, let me get this straight. The gunbarrel looks like a 3rd grader edited it. The big dots cut of the little dots. Almost again zero Bond theme, the only decent theme with the motif, is that agent who has 30 seconds of screentime, which she is completely dominate in the scene. I though the bond theme was for Bond and not anyone else. Hans Zimmer did a disservice, scoring a bond film, and not even using the theme LOL. That is utterly pathetic, plus these themes from other bond movies being used within the film that have nothing to do with it is a joke. The film was delayed over a year and this is the best score they came up with. I do not care what the film is about, but to score it like it is a love story is utter crap. You had plenty of time to properly do this. Then this nanobot technology, and bond dies at the end from some missile nonsense. Of course, he has a daughter, we got to continue the bs script of Craigs era, and this is why his movies aren't even bond movies, in my humble opinion. Missing complete parts of the formula. Yet, these young generation seems to be more important to Barbra broccoli, as well as Daniel Craig to appease them versus your entire cliente. This movie, I do not think i will ever see this crap film. I had high hopes but this is unforgivable. Been a fan for 25 years and this is a laughing stock. Just to appease Daniel Craig as a sign off. Not worth it, at all.

Well I mean that's like your opinion man. The rest of us will enjoy the film wether good or bad. Even the worst of the bond films still have enjoyment to them. This one is no different...
  • Garth007 wrote: »
    This is apalling. So, let me get this straight. The gunbarrel looks like a 3rd grader edited it. The big dots cut of the little dots. Almost again zero Bond theme, the only decent theme with the motif, is that agent who has 30 seconds of screentime, which she is completely dominate in the scene. I though the bond theme was for Bond and not anyone else. Hans Zimmer did a disservice, scoring a bond film, and not even using the theme LOL. That is utterly pathetic, plus these themes from other bond movies being used within the film that have nothing to do with it is a joke. The film was delayed over a year and this is the best score they came up with. I do not care what the film is about, but to score it like it is a love story is utter crap. You had plenty of time to properly do this. Then this nanobot technology, and bond dies at the end from some missile nonsense. Of course, he has a daughter, we got to continue the bs script of Craigs era, and this is why his movies aren't even bond movies, in my humble opinion. Missing complete parts of the formula. Yet, these young generation seems to be more important to Barbra broccoli, as well as Daniel Craig to appease them versus your entire cliente. This movie, I do not think i will ever see this crap film. I had high hopes but this is unforgivable. Been a fan for 25 years and this is a laughing stock. Just to appease Daniel Craig as a sign off. Not worth it, at all.

Well I mean that's like your opinion man. The rest of us will enjoy the film wether good or bad. Even the worst of the bond films still have enjoyment to them. This one is no different...

That is what separates true Bond fans from amateurs.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited September 2021 Posts: 7,999
    Garth007 wrote: »

Give me a break with that “true fan” BS. This is just gatekeeping. What makes a fan “truer” than others when they give up on a film sight unseen? That’s your loss, not anyone else’s

Give me a break with that “true fan” BS. This is just gatekeeping.

No, actually it is staying true to the character as well as formula. But if you wanna debate, lets dance.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

No, actually it is staying true to the character as well as formula. But if you wanna debate, lets dance.

Then you’re just a rigid fan.

Exactly my point, GG.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,343

Forever unhappy, lol.