The Colders Federation

1235»

Comments

Ouch! I'll stay alert.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I allowed me to listen the song but won't watch any trailers.
    Apart from deliberately seeking out information on a possible delay of the film, given the coronavirus problem, I've been quite disconnected from the film, so I didn't even think about the possibility of the song being out already. Of course, since the delay was barely a month before the release date, it makes perfect sense. Well, for now, this song is not for my ears only.

Darling.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Interested to know if anyone here is still avoiding spoilers? I would think most have caved in at this point. There is still so much we don't know. Happily, the story is still a bit vague. I've been following everything except for the 'villain's plot' thread. I'm content in not having all the answers. When someone begins to try and piece it all together, I tune out.
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 6,682
    QBranch wrote: »
    Interested to know if anyone here is still avoiding spoilers? I would think most have caved in at this point. There is still so much we don't know. Happily, the story is still a bit vague. I've been following everything except for the 'villain's plot' thread. I'm content in not having all the answers. When someone begins to try and piece it all together, I tune out.

giphy.gif?cid=e1bb72ff5aed9d754876546a4528ba72

What I know, and found out unintentionally (spoiler tag mostly to keep the post tidy):
    - Three of the new cast members (Bond girls and villain)
    - What one of the Bond girls does for a living
    - Two or three locations (not sure about one of them)
    - Who did the score and the song (I really wanted to avoid the former to try and discover it by ear on my first watch)
    - A couple of vehicles involved in action sequences

Marginally more delicate stuff:
    - Three returning cast members whose return wasn't an obvious fact
    - I have a hunch or two about how the story begins based on the previous film's ending and a specific cast member of this film
    - Allusions to a "female 007" that I haven't really delved into

What I don't know/haven't experienced:
    - The story
    - The rest of the new cast members
    - The order of the locations
    - The score
    - The song
    - Any photos beyond a few brief accidental glimpses that didn't tell me much
    - Promotional artwork beyond brief accidental glimpses (I know what some of them look like in a general sense but I don't stare at them)
    - Trailers, TV spots and the like
    - Interviews or news articles about the film except, occasionally, those dealing with release date changes

I should have thrown discipline out the window a long ago but I've gotten used to it. The whole point of this exercise is to try to go back to my happy memories of renting Bond films I knew nothing about apart from the title-- so far so good because what I know about this one appears to be fairly unimportant.
    I know a few bits but no details and most important: I still haven't watched any trailers/clips,etc.
    Wow, no trailers - now that's dedication! Frankly, you're not missing anything. :-q
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I should have been frozen in a block of ice by now, as Section 26, paragraph 5 dictates.
    That's it, I can't resist anymore! Show me those trailers, show them to me right now!

Alright, alright, I'm kidding.

Anyway, we are almost there. See you on the other side, Colders, and as Louis Armstrong might have said, We Have No Time to Die in the World.

Enjoy!
    Finally, we made it without trailers. I'm really looking forward to this (almost)
    spoiler free experience. :D
    Avoid the Activity page, I've seen a couple of spoilers posted there. Thanks to those who deleted them.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2021 Posts: 17,728
    I've been told by a Bond friend to avoid Twitter as well as someone is deliberately spoiling the film for those who have not yet had the chance to see it. I've not waited six years for this film to have it spoiled now.

I've largely stuck to the terms of the Colders Federation by my usual method of mostly focusing on literary Bond topics as that remains my truest passion, as much as I love the film series too.
    Thanks for the heads up fellas.
    Well done, but...you've forgotten to do something (freeze your CEO in ice).
    edited September 2021 Posts: 17,728
    It's OK as CEOs don't follow their own rules, just like all bosses. ;)
    With the release of the new film, the Colders Federation will not remain cold very much longer.
    When we finally see it we'll be the fans who came in from the cold. 🥶
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 6,682
    Ironic that we are honoring a le Carré story rather than Fleming.

I haven't seen the new movie yet. I know I'll watch it at some point between tomorrow and the next two weeks. Just want to find the most convenient time and mood. Could be pretty soon, or a little later. I remember I watched Spectre on the second week of its release.

I must admit I've also become a kind of S&M Bond fan, enjoying the delayed gratification. I've turned into a real monster. Maybe I'll never watch this new film, letting it forever be a perfect thing in my mind.

For now, most of this forum is off-limits for me, as I fear spoilers will inevitably leak into the main page. The mods will take care of it, of course, but understandably there could be times when the information is not immediately removed. After all, being a mod isn't a full-time job.

Dragonpol wrote: »
    I've largely stuck to the terms of the Colders Federation by my usual method of mostly focusing on literary Bond topics as that remains my truest passion, as much as I love the film series too.
    In my case, music has been my area of Bondian recreation. An endless journey of discovery.
    Today, I self-expelled from the Colders Federation.
    You froze yourself?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Come in from the cold, chaps. The ship has landed, and sailed again into the sunset, and we have the complete story of Daniel Craig's Bond. Looking forward to all of your reviews of NTTD on other threads.
    You froze yourself?

I decided I was tired of avoiding spoilers, so I caved in. I watched the whole film, so now I guess there are no surprises in store for me when I finally watch the fil--

Oops, forget it.
    We're getting thin on the ground. 🧊
    As I finally saw NTTD in the cinema on Sunday last I also have to leave the Colders Federation at least until the next Bond film is announced anyway. It's been a fun, and mostly spoiler-free ride and it was certainly worth the wait and being mostly in the dark when I went in to see the film. :)