No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    00Heaven wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Graham Norton - AFAIK won't be possible to watch on streaming live at least. It's on BBC1 so should be released on iPlayer soon afterward for streaming and then available for some time. YouTube will have highlights.

1035pm BST is the start time.

Well, you can stream it live on iPlayer. I have watched the BBC live through the net before in other countries on some (slightly questionable) sites. But then I think the show is also sold worldwide isn't it? It'll probably be on tomorrow night in a lot of countries.

Oh, you can? I didn't know. I thought that was just for sports and such. I don't watch much TV or iPlayer for that matter... If I do it's usually just after the show or whatever.

Yeah if you go to the iPlayer home page you can watch all channels live (as long as you have a licence of course! :) ).
    Yes you just need a VPN for iPlayer if you not from UK
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Graham Norton - AFAIK won't be possible to watch on streaming live at least. It's on BBC1 so should be released on iPlayer soon afterward for streaming and then available for some time. YouTube will have highlights.

Well, you can stream it live on iPlayer. I have watched the BBC live through the net before in other countries on some (slightly questionable) sites. But then I think the show is also sold worldwide isn't it? It'll probably be on tomorrow night in a lot of countries.

Oh, you can? I didn't know. I thought that was just for sports and such. I don't watch much TV or iPlayer for that matter... If I do it's usually just after the show or whatever.

Yeah if you go to the iPlayer home page you can watch all channels live (as long as you have a licence of course! :) ).

Awesome. You can tell I only bothered when the Olympics or Euros were on then! :P
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Can some person here from the UK please record the NTTD scenes from Graham Norton and post them somewhere for the fans not in the UK and cannot access BBC1 online?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Can some person here from the UK please record the NTTD scenes from Graham Norton and post them somewhere for the fans not in the UK and cannot access BBC1 online?

Don't worry @phantomvices, it'll be online after this.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base

Don't worry @phantomvices, it'll be online after this.

Thank you! Looking forward to the sneak peeks!
  • Can some person here from the UK please record the NTTD scenes from Graham Norton and post them somewhere for the fans not in the UK and cannot access BBC1 online?

Is that legal?
  • mtm wrote: »

Or watch without a licence, there's no way they can catch you out!
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    I think Norton's shows go up on YouTube pretty quickly anyway, if all else fails.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The Zoe Ball interview can be heard here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000zvf5
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    For any one in UK: if you can, don't listen to the Ali Plumb interview with DC on BBC Sounds, instead watch it on iPlayer. I've done both and the visual one has clips to back up the conversation making it more enjoyable than the podcast version.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,548
    cwl007 wrote: »
    For any one in UK: if you can, don't listen to the Ali Plumb interview with DC on BBC Sounds, instead watch it on iPlayer. I've done both and the visual one has clips to back up the conversation making it more enjoyable than the podcast version.

I have to hand it to DC. How many times is he going to be asked, "What advice do you have for the next James Bond?" So far, each time, he has laughed and acted like it's a question he's never heard before.
  • BONDMANIA is back, accordimng to the Guardian:

Daniel Craig’s last outing as 007 is set to be the biggest opening weekend at the British box office since Avengers: Endgame more than two years ago, as cinemas hire hundreds of extra staff to cope with “Bondmania”.

Advance ticket sales have put No Time to Die on track to be the second-highest grossing film in the 59-year-old franchise after it finally gets its world public premiere on 30 September. It follows an almost 18-month delay and four release-date changes, and cinema owners are pulling out all the stops to sate demand with the film to be screened in more than 700 cinemas across the UK and Ireland.

Many of the biggest and most popular sites, such as in London, are playing the 25th instalment of the super-spy franchise in back-to-back sessions from one minute past midnight on Thursday, after advance sales hit pre-pandemic levels.

“It is going to be the biggest opening weekend since the pandemic began,” says Tim Richards, the chief executive of Vue, the UK’s third-largest cinema operator. “Covid and changing consumer habits mean there are more advance bookings made now than we used to see, notwithstanding that it looks like Bond is going to have the biggest opening weekend here since Avengers: Endgame in 2019.”
    Richards said that Vue, which is showing the film in all 91 of its venues, has had to increase staff numbers by about 10%, adding around 450 new employees to its 4,500 regular workforce, to handle Bondmania.

While no one expects No Time To Die to come near Avengers: Endgame – the highest grossing film of all-time made £31.4m in its UK opening weekend and £43.4m over four days from its Thursday premiere in April 2019 – it looks set to be one of the biggest Bond films ever.

“We sold more [advance] tickets to No Time To Die in 24 hours than we did for Spectre in a month,” says Richards. “To be even-handed, there are now significant increases in advance bookings, but it is still tracking to be bigger than Spectre.”

In 2015, Spectre made £95m at the UK box office and $880m globally, making it the second-biggest film in the franchise after 2012’s Skyfall, which made £103m domestically and $1.1bn worldwide.
    Craig’s last outing as Bond will, without question, be the biggest film of the year in the UK, but it remains to be seen if 007 has the ability to bring back the global movie-going masses still hesitant to return to cinemas due to the pandemic.

“Since only one Bond film has ever grossed $1bn I’m not really going out on a limb here by saying No Time To Die won’t reach that box office bull’s eye in the middle of a pandemic,” says Jeff Bock, a senior box office analyst at the industry analyst Exhibitor Relations. “In fact, with only one domestic release topping half that in 2021, just getting halfway there would be an achievement.”

To be the biggest film of the year, No Time to Die would have to overtake the Chinese comedy Hi, Mom, which has made $822m, and F9, the latest in the Fast & Furious franchise, which has pulled in $716m.
  • AWMAWM
    TripAces wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    A real shame that Williams wasn’t on set for SP.

I believe he was. Wasn't he...during the plane chase sequence?
    Minion wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    007gwp14_2048x.jpg?v=1632397923

I want that framed and in my office. Now.

Sure thing. That'll be £350 to £8,580 with tax.

Eh. If that shot is full page in the book (and I am sure it will be) I will buy two books and cut the image out. :-)

Maybe the photos will be in this book:
    https://amazon.co.uk/dp/1838242406/?coliid=I1TNJV6LQUEO3G&colid=254APYB5E8NLN&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Spanish Acción magazine October 2021 with 4 posters including NTTD and, uh...TWINE!

51510418237_ddd1376cd5_o.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @QBranch, haha, that's very random amongst the other three but I love it!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    A bit odd isn't it? Was gonna postpone buying that mag because the price was high, but gave in when I saw two Bond posters! Don't think I have a TWINE poster either.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    QBranch wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    A bit odd isn't it? Was gonna postpone buying that mag because the price was high, but gave in when I saw two Bond posters! Don't think I have a TWINE poster either.

It really is. I'd at least understand another Craig era poster but tossing in TWINE is quite bizarre.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    edited September 2021 Posts: 573
    The only thing I can think of is that Bilbao was in the PTS lol.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Tantallon wrote: »
    BONDMANIA is back, accordimng to the Guardian:

Daniel Craig’s last outing as 007 is set to be the biggest opening weekend at the British box office since Avengers: Endgame more than two years ago, as cinemas hire hundreds of extra staff to cope with “Bondmania”.

Advance ticket sales have put No Time to Die on track to be the second-highest grossing film in the 59-year-old franchise after it finally gets its world public premiere on 30 September. It follows an almost 18-month delay and four release-date changes, and cinema owners are pulling out all the stops to sate demand with the film to be screened in more than 700 cinemas across the UK and Ireland.

Many of the biggest and most popular sites, such as in London, are playing the 25th instalment of the super-spy franchise in back-to-back sessions from one minute past midnight on Thursday, after advance sales hit pre-pandemic levels.

“It is going to be the biggest opening weekend since the pandemic began,” says Tim Richards, the chief executive of Vue, the UK’s third-largest cinema operator. “Covid and changing consumer habits mean there are more advance bookings made now than we used to see, notwithstanding that it looks like Bond is going to have the biggest opening weekend here since Avengers: Endgame in 2019.”
    Richards said that Vue, which is showing the film in all 91 of its venues, has had to increase staff numbers by about 10%, adding around 450 new employees to its 4,500 regular workforce, to handle Bondmania.

While no one expects No Time To Die to come near Avengers: Endgame – the highest grossing film of all-time made £31.4m in its UK opening weekend and £43.4m over four days from its Thursday premiere in April 2019 – it looks set to be one of the biggest Bond films ever.

“We sold more [advance] tickets to No Time To Die in 24 hours than we did for Spectre in a month,” says Richards. “To be even-handed, there are now significant increases in advance bookings, but it is still tracking to be bigger than Spectre.”

In 2015, Spectre made £95m at the UK box office and $880m globally, making it the second-biggest film in the franchise after 2012’s Skyfall, which made £103m domestically and $1.1bn worldwide.
    Craig’s last outing as Bond will, without question, be the biggest film of the year in the UK, but it remains to be seen if 007 has the ability to bring back the global movie-going masses still hesitant to return to cinemas due to the pandemic.

“Since only one Bond film has ever grossed $1bn I’m not really going out on a limb here by saying No Time To Die won’t reach that box office bull’s eye in the middle of a pandemic,” says Jeff Bock, a senior box office analyst at the industry analyst Exhibitor Relations. “In fact, with only one domestic release topping half that in 2021, just getting halfway there would be an achievement.”

To be the biggest film of the year, No Time to Die would have to overtake the Chinese comedy Hi, Mom, which has made $822m, and F9, the latest in the Fast & Furious franchise, which has pulled in $716m.

The biggest UK opening since Endgame? That's quite surprising. I know it won't make anywhere near as much Endgame in total, but that's not bad. I hope it helps the cinemas out.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    *Earlier post of mine**
    I would like Bond to die at the end of this. This would be truly heroic and it would be the ultimate example of putting his job first. He knows the risk of the job, he knows he faces death. He ought to willingly sacrifice himself if necessary; particularly if the threat is as immense as the trailer suggests. Bond throwing himself into his certain death would suit Craig's Bond perfectly and would be tragic yet appropriate.
    So many men and women out there in the real world put their lives on the line for their country, and pay the price. Why the hell shouldn't Bond?
    The audience will surely know it doesn't mean the end of the franchise .. they know there'll be a new actor next time. It has happened often enough.
    I will be disappointed if Bond survives the end of the film. I want to see a bold end to his tenure which perfectly captures his Bond, rather than something we have seen before.
    Come on guys, I'm keen to hear your thoughts on this. I suspect some of you know the ending of the film and don't want to reply and spoil if for me, or others. Which is what I'd prefer.
    Does anyone else feel the same or more this?-
    cr.gif?resize=660%2C276
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Fresh stills:

JnrKmpU.jpg
    hhJtVEQ.jpg
    DhL5wjc.jpg
    mbo0lds.jpg
    XejB5Uv.jpg
    ADnfAlJ.jpg
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 500
    QsCat wrote: »
    *Earlier post of mine**
    I would like Bond to die at the end of this. This would be truly heroic and it would be the ultimate example of putting his job first. He knows the risk of the job, he knows he faces death. He ought to willingly sacrifice himself if necessary; particularly if the threat is as immense as the trailer suggests. Bond throwing himself into his certain death would suit Craig's Bond perfectly and would be tragic yet appropriate.
    So many men and women out there in the real world put their lives on the line for their country, and pay the price. Why the hell shouldn't Bond?
    The audience will surely know it doesn't mean the end of the franchise .. they know there'll be a new actor next time. It has happened often enough.
    I will be disappointed if Bond survives the end of the film. I want to see a bold end to his tenure which perfectly captures his Bond, rather than something we have seen before.
    Come on guys, I'm keen to hear your thoughts on this. I suspect some of you know the ending of the film and don't want to reply and spoil if for me, or others. Which is what I'd prefer.
    cr.gif?resize=660%2C276

> So many men and women out there in the real world put their lives on the line for their country, and pay the price. Why the hell shouldn't Bond?

Emulating reality isn't the purpose of fiction, quite the opposite actually. Expression, not impression.

He very well may "die" in the end, but there would a "rebirth" to it. Because that's how these hero/god stories work. Birth, death, rebirth.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm loving the mad fashions.

Mr Craig going for no socks! In London in late September!
    BMB007 wrote: »
    QsCat wrote: »
    *Earlier post of mine**
    cr.gif?resize=660%2C276

> So many men and women out there in the real world put their lives on the line for their country, and pay the price. Why the hell shouldn't Bond?

Emulating reality isn't the purpose of fiction, quite the opposite actually. Expression, not impression.

He very well may "die" in the end, but there would a "rebirth" to it. Because that's how these hero/god stories work. Birth, death, rebirth.

Simply put, I think that he should not die and that it would be a very poor decision on EON to go down that path.