No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Very intriguing theories guys. Just a thought
    all Daniel's tenures as Bond have ended with him in a suit: CR > settles him as Bond, QoS > defines his identity , SF > classic M's office scene, SP > suited and booted to go away with Madeleine.
    Now, there's a grey suit we haven't seen already and if we follow the pattern here it is. Think that the won't be showing Bond's funeral, but his fait may remain uncertain like in TDKR.
    From the callsheets we know that Madeleine and Mathilde will be in the V8 in Matera. I think there will be a sort of parallel with SP. Like they went to 'L'américain' where Mr. White and her wife spent their first night, it will be the case with them returning where Bond and Madeleine spent their first night. Then in a way or another Bond will show up, like Bruce Wayne did

We’re these call sheets legit? Is this actually real info? I didn’t pay much attention to them last year
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    ertert wrote: »
    all Daniel's tenures as Bond have ended with him in a suit: CR > settles him as Bond, QoS > defines his identity , SF > classic M's office scene, SP > suited and booted to go away with Madeleine.
    Now, there's a grey suit we haven't seen already and if we follow the pattern here it is. Think that the won't be showing Bond's funeral, but his fait may remain uncertain like in TDKR.
    From the callsheets we know that Madeleine and Mathilde will be in the V8 in Matera. I think there will be a sort of parallel with SP. Like they went to 'L'américain' where Mr. White and her wife spent their first night, it will be the case with them returning where Bond and Madeleine spent their first night. Then in a way or another Bond will show up, like Bruce Wayne did

We’re these call sheets legit? Is this actually real info? I didn’t pay much attention to them last year

Yes, all legit

What is this breaking point? Gosh I’m so excited.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

I'm pretty sure about that.

Great point —
    Been thinking a lot lately about how much Madeleine is, seemingly, an echo of her father.
    BMB007 wrote: »

Great point —
    Been thinking a lot lately about how much Madeleine is, seemingly, an echo of her father.

The idea came rewatching SP some days ago
    Mathilde also shares some elements with her mother: the daughter of an assassin, hiding from the external world like she did in the clinic, growing without a paternal figure... might say they have something deep psychological construction those characters.
    Then, lately but I don't rember where, it came out Madeleine goes back to her childhood cabin which was refurbished? Why if she left the place some time ago and in the middle of nowhere? Only to hide and protect someone
    BMB007 wrote: »

Great point —

The idea came rewatching SP some days ago
    Mathilde also shares some elements with her mother: the daughter of an assassin, hiding from the external world like she did in the clinic, growing without a paternal figure... might say they have something deep psychological construction those characters.
    Then, lately but I don't rember where, it came out Madeleine goes back to her childhood cabin which was refurbished? Why if she left the place some time ago and in the middle of nowhere? Only to hide and protect someone

Yes! Yes!
    It's all a big loop! In the words of George Lucas, it's like poetry — it rhymes. Bond is White and Mathilde is Madeleine — and how White was absent, how this created resentment that never got resolved between Madeleine and him until it was too late. Maybe now this "new" generation will make it right in the father/daughter split.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Quoting a post I wrote almost two months ago:
    He’s presumed dead but in the end when Madeleine comes back to Matera driving his V8 (conveniently left at her cabin in Norway before the wood chase with the Toyota suv) with Mathilde on her side he’s surprisingly there waiting for them, in front of the same honeymoon hotel were they spent that romantic night 5 years before. Or perhaps Swann and Mathilde arrive in Matera and they see his DB5 parked in front of the hotel, realizing he’s still alive and then boom the 007 theme kicks off… black screen… JB will return!

So yes, to me Swann coming back to that place like suggested by Mattia makes just perfect sense. “They keep on coming back”. Plus, I just can’t believe they will end the film without an hint of Bond being alive.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    If they outright kill him, i.e like Hugh Jackman in Logan, I think it will take me out of the film and ruin it. Leaving it open ended on a cliff hanger will also tick me off. Bond is not a drama series, not a soap opera. Yes I know the series has become more dramatic lately and that has its ups and downs but Bond does not have to be over complicated.

Now saying that whilst Fukunaga has directed the film, we are probably in for more of a thriller but by leaving the film on a sad and sombre note, you don't have people leaving the theatre's screaming WOOHOO. You need to give them an ending that gets them leaving excited, having enjoyed what they just saw. You need the film to end with either a bombastic finale with the Bond theme blaring or a good easter egg to a previous film/scene etc to go out in true 007 style.

Let's be honest we all want to leave that little dark theatre cheering, knowing BOND IS BACK!.
    matt_u wrote: »
    He’s presumed dead but in the end when Madeleine comes back to Matera driving his V8 (conveniently left at her cabin in Norway before the wood chase with the Toyota suv) with Mathilde on her side he’s surprisingly there waiting for them, in front of the same honeymoon hotel were they spent that romantic night 5 years before. Or perhaps Swann and Mathilde arrive in Matera and they see his DB5 parked in front of the hotel, realizing he’s still alive and then boom the 007 theme kicks off… black screen… JB will return!

So yes, to me Swann coming back to that place like suggested by Mattia makes just perfect sense. “They keep on coming back”. Plus, I just can’t believe they will end the film without an hint of Bond being alive.

Didn't remember that post, but yes I think this is the most plausible ending they can given to Craig's narrative arch. Then it may well be Cary will surprise us all...
    matt_u wrote: »

Didn't remember that post, but yes I think this is the most plausible ending they can given to Craig's narrative arch. Then it may well be Cary will surprise us all...

Agreed!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I don't think we need to be worried about that. Cary said this in an interview back in June and I choose to believe him (spoilering for those who are NTTD celibate):
    “No one’s trying to say some sort of long sentimental goodbye. It’s just another Bond film. The credits still say: ‘Bond will return.’ I didn’t approach it as a last film. I approached it as: What am I inheriting? What can we do to make this a little bit fresh and exciting, and subvert some of the expectations?”

https://www.gamesradar.com/no-time-to-die-daniel-craig-interview-james-bond-25/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Matt007 wrote: »
    I think the bike jump in matera lends its self to the bond theme horns and all

Yes I suspect that's probably the moment in that track we briefly hear the fanfare part of the theme. Quite like the bike jump in the Skyfall PTS! :)
    If they outright kill him, i.e like Hugh Jackman in Logan, I think it will take me out of the film and ruin it. Leaving it open ended on a cliff hanger will also tick me off. Bond is not a drama series, not a soap opera. Yes I know the series has become more dramatic lately and that has its ups and downs but Bond does not have to be over complicated.

Now saying that whilst Fukunaga has directed the film, we are probably in for more of a thriller but by leaving the film on a sad and sombre note, you don't have people leaving the theatre's screaming WOOHOO. You need to give them an ending that gets them leaving excited, having enjoyed what they just saw. You need the film to end with either a bombastic finale with the Bond theme blaring or a good easter egg to a previous film/scene etc to go out in true 007 style.

Let's be honest we all want to leave that little dark theatre cheering, knowing BOND IS BACK!.

Precisely. I'm much rather leave the theatre knowing BOND IS BACK rather than BOND IS OVER.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Precisely. I'm much rather leave the theatre knowing BOND IS BACK rather than BOND IS OVER.

Someone gets it!!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
  • JAQJAQ USA
    Minion wrote: »
    I don't think we need to be worried about that. Cary said this in an interview back in June and I choose to believe him (spoilering for those who are NTTD celibate):
    “No one’s trying to say some sort of long sentimental goodbye. It’s just another Bond film. The credits still say: ‘Bond will return.’ I didn’t approach it as a last film. I approached it as: What am I inheriting? What can we do to make this a little bit fresh and exciting, and subvert some of the expectations?”

It still bugs me he said 'Bond will return', rather than 'James Bond will return' because it could mean a continuation with Mathilde Bond instead of James. Though hopefully that's highly unlikely to be the case.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    JAQ wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »

It still bugs me he said 'Bond will return', rather than 'James Bond will return' because it could mean a continuation with Mathilde Bond instead of James. Though hopefully that's highly unlikely to be the case.
    That won't be the case. He was probs abbreviating anyway.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    For anyone that ever read most of the literature, did Bond ever
    become a father in the novels?

If this is the case for the movie, I really hope it’s properly executed and not too awkward.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

If this is the case for the movie, I really hope it’s properly executed and not too awkward.
    He does indeed, siring a child with Kissy Suzuki in the YOLT novel but he leaves Japan before the child is born.

I believe that plot point is revisited in a Raymond Benson short story if memory serves.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 3,271
    FourDot wrote: »

He does indeed, siring a child with Kissy Suzuki in the YOLT novel but he leaves Japan before the child is born.

I believe that plot point is revisited in a Raymond Benson short story if memory serves.

This is why I think the ending of the YOLT novel is going to be the ending to NTTD. We already know now there is a Garden of Death in the villain's lair from YOLT.
    TheBondFan wrote: »

Trailer M is the "Final International Trailer" released end of Aug (the one starting with The Wait Is Over)

Well yes Bond
    makes Kissy pregnant while he doesn’t remember who he is after the Blofeld’s castle explosion and abandons her when he starts to remember things. Regarding his “desire” to have children in OHMSS he often wonders about having a family with the love of his life, Tracy. So Bond having a daughter in NTTD with Swann, Craig’s “Tracy”, could work.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    8 more days!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861
    antovolk wrote: »

Ah nice to see Ms Harris gets an ad campaign again.
    They're really struggling to make that bike footage look impressive though! :D

And I love that the electric car she gets into at the end has a throbbing petrol engine exhaust note :))
  • DraxCucumberSandwichDraxCucumberSandwich United Kingdom
    00Heaven wrote: »
    8 more days!

7 days until we start seeing reviews / reactions….

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    7 more sleeps

8->
    Pretty annoying that the reviews will start to pop up after midnight. It's gonna be a long night. NTTD must be better reviewed.