No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    But there’s no trace of Benoît Blanc’s accent!!!!
    Stark wrote: »
    Not a fan of Dominic Greene

Dominic Greene may have been among the very worst. His schemes and he are much like many real-life schemes and persons. Certainly, some folks don't want much real life stuff in an entertainment, but he sure qualifies as a capable and despicable villain.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 250
    Amalric does what he can - the problem is that neither Bond nor Camille have anything to emotionally resolve with him so their confrontation feels perfunctory which can't be said of the other Craig villains.

In hindsight, since Quantum is the "Extortion" part of the Craig saga, it might have been worthwhile having Greene be in charge of the Vesper blackmail but c'est la vie
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Since62 wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »
    Not a fan of Dominic Greene

Dominic Greene may have been among the very worst.

Ah- by which you mean best! :D I got confused for a moment; it's tricky when we're talking about villains! :D
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    FourDot wrote: »
    Amalric does what he can - the problem is that neither Bond nor Camille have anything to emotionally resolve with him so their confrontation feels perfunctory which can't be said of the other Craig villains.

In hindsight, since Quantum is the "Extortion" part of the Craig data, it might have been worthwhile having Greene be in charge of thr Vesper blackmail but c'est la vie

Absolutely agree! Amalric does perfectly well with what his given. It's all very detached.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861

In hindsight, since Quantum is the "Extortion" part of the Craig data, it might have been worthwhile having Greene be in charge of thr Vesper blackmail but c'est la vie

Yes it's a good point; would the film have been better served if Camille was trying to take revenge on Greene himself rather than having her own separate villain in Medrano? Even for Bond himself Greene is portrayed as just another stepping stone to getting to the real villain who he's after, which makes the film feel a bit inessential.
    I guess you could say the same of something like Thunderball where Largo is only Number Two, not Number One; and yet it doesn't feel quite as obvious in TB.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 490
    I'm gonna do some wild speculation here and borrowing a theory from another member for which I take no credit. Apologies but I do not remember exactly who posited this so I can't name them specifically. EDIT: Credit to Silva13.
    Someone here noticed in the trailer that Bond may have some scarring on his hands, similar to Safin's face, indicating that he was infected with whatever this virus is that only seems to work on certain people. I do think it would be interesting if Bond inadvertently kills Blofeld while visiting him in prison. My main theory has to do with the ending.

Assuming the rumors of the daughter are actually true, what if Safin's final act is to inject her with something that would make her vulnerable to the virus. Since she shares Bond and Swann's DNA, she would be immune until Safin injects her and makes her just as vulnerable as the Spectre members at the Cuba party. After destroying the lab, Bond and his daughter are the only remaining carriers of the virus. What if Bond realizes he can never be physically close to her otherwise he would trigger the symptoms and kill her, so the movie ends with him watching her from afar as kind of a guardian angel, similar to Ethan Hunt watching over his wife at the end of Ghost Protocol. It would give the film a very tragic ending but would give Bond some meaning in his life to be silently and distantly watching over his family. Not saying this really makes any sense but hopefully it was fairly coherent.

Also, I am pretty sure the track I'll Be Right Back is Bond's final showdown with Safin and ends with Bond killing him. Just a thought.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    mtm wrote: »

Yes it's a good point; would the film have been better served if Camille was trying to take revenge on Greene himself rather than having her own separate villain in Medrano? Even for Bond himself Greene is portrayed as just another stepping stone to getting to the real villain who he's after, which makes the film feel a bit inessential.
    I guess you could say the same of something like Thunderball where Largo is only Number Two, not Number One; and yet it doesn't feel quite as obvious in TB.

Yeah you're right. I guess it should be Camille vs Medrano and bond vs greene but instead greene is devalued and made into something of a stepping stone for the characters, therefore his not as much of a threatening presence as he had potential to be.
    ertert wrote: »
    I'm gonna do some wild speculation here and borrowing a theory from another member for which I take no credit. Apologies but I do not remember exactly who posited this so I can't name them specifically.
    Someone here noticed in the trailer that Bond may have some scarring on his hands, similar to Safin's face, indicating that he was infected with whatever this virus is that only seems to work on certain people. I do think it would be interesting if Bond inadvertently kills Blofeld while visiting him in prison. My main theory has to do with the ending.

Assuming the rumors of the daughter are actually true, what if Safin's final act is to inject her with something that would make her vulnerable to the virus. Since she shares Bond and Swann's DNA, she would be immune until Safin injects her and makes her just as vulnerable as the Spectre members at the Cuba party. After destroying the lab, Bond and his daughter are the only remaining carriers of the virus. What if Bond realizes he can never be physically close to her otherwise he would trigger the symptoms and kill her, so the movie ends with him watching her from afar as kind of a guardian angel, similar to Ethan Hunt watching over his wife at the end of Ghost Protocol. It would give the film a very tragic ending but would give Bond some meaning in his life to be silently and distantly watching over his family. Not saying this really makes any sense but hopefully it was fairly coherent.

Also, I am pretty sure the track I'll Be Right Back is Bond's final showdown with Safin and ends with Bond killing him. Just a thought.

I speculated the first part of your theory ages ago. I think the trailer presents it rather clearly but the rest of your theory is very interesting.
    I think the shot of Safin from the trailers with the gun aimed in the tunnel is aimed at Mathilde or Madeline. His aiming quite low and its almost like his lowering his body in the longer shot. I can imagine it's his last ditch effor or something. Thoughts?
    silva13 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

Yeah you're right. I guess it should be Camille vs Medrano and bond vs greene but instead greene is devalued and made into something of a stepping stone for the characters, therefore his not as much of a threatening presence as he had potential to be.
    I'm gonna do some wild speculation here and borrowing a theory from another member for which I take no credit. Apologies but I do not remember exactly who posited this so I can't name them specifically.

I speculated the first part of your theory ages ago. I think the trailer presents it rather clearly but the rest of your theory is very interesting.
    I think the shot of Safin from the trailers with the gun aimed in the tunnel is aimed at Mathilde or Madeline. His aiming quite low and its almost like his lowering his body in the longer shot. I can imagine it's his last ditch effor or something. Thoughts?

I've edited my post to give you credit. Yeah I think so too re: your spoiler tagged post. He will be desperate and angry.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    I'm gonna do some wild speculation here and borrowing a theory from another member for which I take no credit. Apologies but I do not remember exactly who posited this so I can't name them specifically. EDIT: Credit to Silva13.

It was confirmed on a korean movie site that Safin's bioweapon targets the DNA of certain people a week back. Given that we see the SPECTRE agents crumble to the virus, its also likely that Bond infects Blofeld and the virus ravages Blofeld as well. However, since Bond is not affected it is likely that in the case Mathilde really is his daughter then she should be safe as well.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Not sure if this has been posted yet or includes any stills we've not seen yet. I just got recommended this on my phone. I'm not a gent, so it gave me a chuckle:

https://www.thegentlemansjournal.com/article/shoes-james-bond-no-time-to-die-crockett-jones-sperry-danner-drakes/
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Is there a shot of the potential scarring on Bond’s hands?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    00Heaven wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted yet or includes any stills we've not seen yet. I just got recommended this on my phone. I'm not a gent, so it gave me a chuckle:

https://www.thegentlemansjournal.com/article/shoes-james-bond-no-time-to-die-crockett-jones-sperry-danner-drakes/

I love that they use a photo of him not wearing any shoes at all to illustrate a pair he will be wearing :D
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    Can someone share the link for the soundtrack? The only one I found on here isn’t working. Cheers!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    skropper13 wrote: »
    Can someone share the link for the soundtrack? The only one I found on here isn’t working. Cheers!

The only provided link is no longer working, as you've noted, and we feel it's best not to continue sharing/having members request links, since it clearly isn't officially available yet.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    skropper13 wrote: »

The only provided link is no longer working, as you've noted, and we feel it's best not to continue sharing/having members request links, since it clearly isn't officially available yet.

Yep, don’t poke the bear. Lol

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    When can we expect to see cast interviews?
  • Hard to be believe that with the pandemic and all the delays, we're finally within the most exciting moment of being a Bond fan, counting down the few days left to the new film. These moments are so rare over the years, so I hope everyone relish the excitement of seeing NTTD so soon to the fullest! It may be many years until the next one.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Jordo007 wrote: »

That was my question too.
    Unprecedent marketing effort, but cast Is missing except for brief parts of podcasts
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018

Unprecedent marketing effort, but cast Is missing except for brief parts of podcasts

@SkyfallCraig @Jordo007

UK, Only show booked: Graham Norton show on friday 24 with full cast

USA, Not a single booking on talkshows, not even Craig:

https://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 512

A few extended/new shots.
    Contraband wrote: »

@SkyfallCraig @Jordo007

I wonder if that’s because of COVID-19 restrictions or fears? The idea being to keep everyone in isolation until the royal premier. Or maybe they’ll concentrate talk show appearances around the American release on October 8th.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited September 2021 Posts: 1,006
    It would be a bad look if Craig had to Covid-isolate for the Royal Premier of his final Bond because he was traveling all over constantly for talk shows. Same goes for any of the cast. They can’t risk it.
    Burgess wrote: »

@SkyfallCraig @Jordo007

I wonder if that’s because of COVID-19 restrictions or fears? The idea being to keep everyone in isolation until the royal premier. Or maybe they’ll concentrate talk show appearances around the American release on October 8th.

This would be my guess — talk show appearances are marketing. No need to market until right before, especially given the last eighteen months lol.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,277
    00Heaven wrote: »
    I'm confused. Did I miss something? Where did the idea that
    Q ends up dying

come from?

A scene of the C-130 that Q is in shows that there are missiles going toward it in the second full trailer. The first pair of missiles miss, but at the last frame we can see another pair of missiles, that seem directly aimed at the plane.

A while back I also mentioned this point, way before this footage during the first round of marketing in Feb 2020. There was a lot of focus on the marketing of Q, esp the short about him and Bond's relationship, as well as the watch promotions and I wondered if this was a sign something were to happen to him.
    Don't think this is the question. At least, I hope not.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

@SkyfallCraig @Jordo007

None of the late night programs announced anything past this week. Only a couple of the day time talk shows announced guests up to the end of next week.

I'd expect none of the cast to do the U.S. talk show rounds until two weeks from now (Oct. 4-8) at the earliest.

@SkyfallCraig @Jordo007

None of the late night programs announced anything past this week. Only a couple of the day time talk shows announced guests up to the end of next week.

I'd expect none of the cast to do the U.S. talk show rounds until two weeks from now (Oct. 4-8) at the earliest.

I'm watching Colbert, Kimmel, Corden, etc, every week via YT. And you're right about Oct. Makes sense. Didn't think of that. All focus has been on the UK date/worldpremiere events. Completely forgot about US opening.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018
    deleted