NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Discuss Hans Zimmer's Score

Comments

• edited September 2021 Posts: 12
    Dam. Link seems to be broken now ? Anyone else got this too. Was nobody able to download them and upload again ?
    Dam. Link seems to be broken now ? Anyone else got this too. Was nobody able to download them and upload again ?

FYI this new member claimed he had some special tidbit on NTTD if someone sends him the link. Since he did not hold up his end of the bargain I think we have a troll here folks.
  • inevermissinevermiss London
    Oh can any kind should help me out with links/mp3/files, etc?

I caught the link on Twitter but can't record off my iPhone.

Loving what I'm hearing so far!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2021 Posts: 40,372
    ertert wrote: »

FYI this new member claimed he had some special tidbit on NTTD if someone sends him the link. Since he did not hold up his end of the bargain I think we have a troll here folks.

Best to be weary of anyone showing up with claims like that. We had a lot of new members joining yesterday looking for the link all of a sudden.
  • inevermissinevermiss London
    Ah the frustration... listening in-browser on my phone and unable to record. Very surprised by the musical Easter eggs HZ has smuggled in. It's all very propulsive so far but there *are* some moments where the score gets to breathe.
  • Would love to hear Cuba Chase again, one of the highlights of the soundtrack imo
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    007007x wrote: »
    Would love to hear Cuba Chase again, one of the highlights of the soundtrack imo

Highlight for me and my most listened to by far.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    Would love to hear Cuba Chase again, one of the highlights of the soundtrack imo
    It's got a real flavour and energy to it for sure!
    "Opening the doors" is another personal favourite.

How dare you call me a troll. BMB007 kindly sent me the link first and he said he didnt want anything in return. He was first, so why would i send something to someone who sent the link afterwards. If BMB007 wanted some goodies i would have sent some in all honesty. Please don't quote people are trolls when they are not. It's actually people like you who spoil and stir up the forums. Well, in cases like this anyway.

How dare you call me a troll. BMB007 sent me the link first and he said he didnt want anything in return.

You said you had something to share in return and didn’t deliver. So….
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 3,333
    mtm wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    No spoilers in this thread please! Apologies if you didn't put any but I stopped reading when it seemed like you were talking about the plot.
    As I pointed out above: It's purely speculation, nothing based on fact.

When we're talking about how the film might end I think it might be one for the spoiler tags or a spoiler thread please. Everyone else is using them: even in speculation little hints of plot which others may not know come out e.g. 'seeing as we know the film ends in x location, maybe that means...' etc.
    The quotation I used was in the official trailer. Trailers are produced to make you think. Unless you're completely void of deliberation skills, that is.

Don't imply people can't think because they ask not to have spoilers in a music thread, there's just no need for that.

Anyway, for us thinkers it seems the link is down?
    I agree that spoilers should be hidden (which I've done many times already in this particular thread), but I draw the line at conjecture. Sorry, we're just going to have to disagree on what constitutes a spoiler. To most sane and level-headed adults, a spoiler is a description of an important plot development based on tangible facts, not an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information. The fact that some are falling in line and hiding their impressions behind a spoiler bar is the defination of insanity. Does that mean the soundtrack titles should also be hidden behind spoiler bars just in case they give away a fundamental plot point? Where do you draw the line at what constitutes a spoiler @mtm?
    Don't imply people can't think because they ask not to have spoilers in a music thread, there's just no need for that.
    Could've fooled me. That's exactly what you're demanding. We're not allowed to give our own impressions or opinions on something unless we conform to hiding them behind a blank wall just in case of what exactly? For the last and final time, it's conjecture!! Conjecture isn't based on information that's known or proven to be true. It's a supposition.

You really need to calm down on this: there's no need to be talking about whether someone is 'sane' or 'level-headed' or accusing them of being unable to think. If you're taking my post (where I asked using 'please' and apologised if I was wrong) as a 'demand' then you're being way too hot-headed: insulting someone in various ways for them asking that in a polite way is not an appropriate response. Take a few minutes offline and have a breather, I'm not really interested in talking about this with you further: I'd rather just talk about the music. Thanks.

Good opening gambit. No need to patronize, old chap. You were the one accusing me of posting a spoiler when I hadn't.

Okay, just to appease @mtm, can I ask the site creators to develop a “hypothesis” tag to coexist alongside the “spoiler” tag so that those that want to give their hypothesis on a particular subject that’s deemed sacrosanct can highlight their POV as not a spoiler (which it isn’t) and instead underscore it as a thesis? Therefore, it won’t confuse those that don’t know the difference between an actual spoiler and a hypothesis. That should please everybody, right?
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    There is literally two arguments going on in this one thread right now. Why?
    C'mon guys, it's been along wait and we're finally here. We should all be getting along splendidly and bonding (pun intended ) over our common love of all things James Bond.

How dare you call me a troll. BMB007 sent me the link first and he said he didnt want anything in return.

You said you had something to share in return and didn’t deliver. So….

This is why I keep away from forums, There's always one to stir trouble. Let's just remain on topic and stop whining. Whoever sent me the link first would have received goodies in the post. However, BMB007 sent me it first and didnt want anything as he's a gentleman and kind to still share. So there's some good on this forum. But why you expect me o send goodies in the post to someone else? I dont see why even though its kind of others to send the link. Alo if i was a troll I would have spoilt the music and i havent.

Think you have your wires crossed ertert . Look back, I said goodies in the post.
  • NoTimeToLiveNoTimeToLive Jamaica
    Friendly reminder that I recorded the tracks.
    silva13 wrote: »
    C'mon guys, it's been along wait and we're finally here. We should all be getting along splendidly and bonding (pun intended ) over our common love of all things James Bond.

Couldn't agree more. Let's keep on topic. I just had to reply because I was accused of been a troll! Back on topic, I listened to Cuba Chase and loved it. That's all I will say as I dont want to spoil anything myself.

Apology might be in order ertert ?
  • ertert wrote: »

Totally wrong of you. Go read my post. I said goodies in the post. As in the royal mail. The person who sent me the link said I didnt need to send anything so think you should apologies or if not, just keep out my way my friend.
    Fan theories are one thing but if you're privy to information and/or think your assessments or thoughts are likely spoilers, there's literally no harm in using the spoiler tag, none. I'm not sure why this is a conversation that takes place every single time a new film is gearing up for release. Be respectful and use spoiler tags please if you think your comments might verge into spoiler territory. There's no reason not to.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Fan theories are one thing but if you're privy to information and/or think your assessments or thoughts are likely spoilers, there's literally no harm in using the spoiler tag, none. I'm not sure why this is a conversation that takes place every single time a new film is gearing up for release. Be respectful and use spoiler tags please if you think your comments might verge into spoiler territory. There's no reason not to.

I personally don't like spoiling anything so I wont be saying anything to spoil the surprise. Just to add , can you look into ernst, because he accused me of been a troll when im not in the slightest. I feel so unwelcomed when new to the forum, and its brought a tear to my eye when i've been a fan of this site for so many years. :(

That's what I was trying to do today as well. :) I was shocked to see the link broken, but at the same time, felt it's understandable as they must have found out about the leaks. What did you like most about it? I think it merged the bond tone with cuba style wonderfully.
  • NoTimeToLiveNoTimeToLive Jamaica
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I personally don't like spoiling anything so I wont be saying anything to spoil the surprise. Just to add , can you look into ernst, because he accused me of been a troll when im not in the slightest. I feel so unwelcomed when new to the forum, and its brought a tear to my eye when i've been a fan of this site for so many years. :(

Pretty sure mods were not talking to you.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861

Thank you Creasy.
    silva13 wrote: »

Back on topic, I listened to Cuba Chase and loved it. That's all I will say as I dont want to spoil anything myself.

Yeah Cuba Chase is a lot of fun, I do enjoy the Bond theme statements in that and it has an energy which Bond scores haven't had in a while. I guess African Rundown comes close, but I saw someone mention Bill Conti and I guess it has an energy similar to his stuff.
    Quite fun to hear the Bond vamp on those kind of Cuban pianos.

It's also the first time I can think of where a 007 cue features local-flavoured music beyond the introductory 'welcome to Rio'-style track. Have there been any others?

To be fair, you made a bold promise in your very first post that you didn't follow through on. Best to avoid that in the future if you aren't going to commit to doing so, whatever that was.
    Absoutely @Creasy47. My own comment was purely a "fan theory" and nothing more and was in response to @jetsetwilly's innocuous post. I have zero inside knowledge on this movie. The trailers and casting are the only details I'm familiar with, hence my own hypothesis.

I guess I took exception to being accused of posting spoilers when I'd previously gone to great lengths to conceal soundtrack spoilers just a few pages before.

I'd like to offer my hand of apology to @mtm for this misunderstanding. :-*
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018

EDIT: Yeah I know. Wrong thread. I'm tired
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Absoutely @Creasy47. My own comment was purely a "fan theory" and nothing more and was in response to @jetsetwilly's innocuous post. I have zero inside knowledge on this movie. The trailers and casting are the only details I'm familiar with, hence my own hypothesis.

Regarding your assumptions, here's a (confirmed) spoilerish reply.
    You know why that post was unexpectedly spoilerish? Because Bond will indeed have a daughter in this film, named Mathilde, and we know that since more than a year. Tabloids know that too. The "Home" track is when he finds out at Swann's cabin.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »

That's very cool (although I think wrong thread! :) ) - but pity the owners of 42 Roupell Street who will forever now have Bond fans knocking on their door and taking photos on their doorstep! :D
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

I guess I took exception to being accused of posting spoilers when I'd previously gone to great lengths to conceal soundtrack spoilers just a few pages before.

I'd like to offer my hand of apology to @mtm for this misunderstanding. :-*
    I think the idea is, “Don’t plant any seeds of what might be true in case someone who hasn’t considered those ideas doesn’t want to know them.” In the past when I’ve read fake spoilers, they still managed to dominate my imagination while watching or playing whatever and diminished the experience.
  • mtm wrote: »
    Listening to it, yeah, I'm not really getting the David Arnold comparisons.

'Matera' is the only one that sounds Arnold-ish to me, because it's doing that sort of slightly bland 'pretty, lush music' thing and almost sounds like a rework of the Venice arrival music from CR (you can really feel them temp tracking this sequence with that music), which itself was the closest Arnold got to a Barry homage. Other than that, yeah; I'm not getting Arnold comparisons.
    One of the tracks (I forget which) actually ends on a very Barry-style single, held, resolving note though. I haven't heard that in a while! :)

I think I can feel that this score is really designed to work with the film, which sounds obvious(!), but for me this really does feel like half the experience and I didn't massively enjoy listening. Other than the Eilish track being peppered through (and I do think that's brilliant: I can imagine her fans loving this movie for that and that can't be a bad thing) there's nothing massively thematic going on here. It's very energetic and bombastic though, and that's what Bond needs so that's all good.
    I'm surprised at all the praise considering that Newman's score got criticised for not featured the Bond theme enough, and as far as I can tell there's possibly even less of it here.
    CJB007FR wrote: »
    Full album AAC 96kHz will erase my link tonight...
    Enjoy

https://we.tl/t-ZHEXHy7i9a

Hi Laurent! Many thanks :)

I clicked on the link but dont see the album. How do you view it please?
  • mtm wrote: »
    Listening to it, yeah, I'm not really getting the David Arnold comparisons.

'Matera' is the only one that sounds Arnold-ish to me, because it's doing that sort of slightly bland 'pretty, lush music' thing and almost sounds like a rework of the Venice arrival music from CR (you can really feel them temp tracking this sequence with that music), which itself was the closest Arnold got to a Barry homage. Other than that, yeah; I'm not getting Arnold comparisons.
    One of the tracks (I forget which) actually ends on a very Barry-style single, held, resolving note though. I haven't heard that in a while! :)

I think I can feel that this score is really designed to work with the film, which sounds obvious(!), but for me this really does feel like half the experience and I didn't massively enjoy listening. Other than the Eilish track being peppered through (and I do think that's brilliant: I can imagine her fans loving this movie for that and that can't be a bad thing) there's nothing massively thematic going on here. It's very energetic and bombastic though, and that's what Bond needs so that's all good.
    I'm surprised at all the praise considering that Newman's score got criticised for not featured the Bond theme enough, and as far as I can tell there's possibly even less of it here.
    CJB007FR wrote: »
    Full album AAC 96kHz will erase my link tonight...
    Enjoy

https://we.tl/t-ZHEXHy7i9a

Hi Laurent! Many thanks :)

transfer expired it says.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Regarding your assumptions, here's a (confirmed) spoilerish reply.
    You know why that post was unexpectedly spoilerish? Because Bond will indeed have a daughter in this film, named Mathilde, and we know that since more than a year. Tabloids know that too. The "Home" track is when he finds out at Swann's cabin.
    Then it looks like my assumptions "could" be well be proven correct. I don't read tabloid trash so can't confirm either way if any of it's 100% true or not. Besides, there's a lot of guff written in the tabloids that just isn't factual. I was only going off the early casting of a child actor and the possibility that she could be Bond's daughter and not a young Madeleine Swann as some here were lead to believe. Lastly, I haven't been visiting this site for the past year due to NTTD's long hiatus and lack of anything to say, so I have no idea what's been discussed and what's not. Though it appears in my absence, there's been a bit of coup and a consensus on what's allowed to be discussed and what's not. I'm just glad Creasy was here to set the record straight on the major differences between fan theories and real spoilers. Sometimes a fan theory can be right even without knowing the full facts.