No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    I can finally rest now on that front :))

I'll go back to analyzing each frame of the trailers haha
  • Ist possible to download the ost? Thanks
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,343
    DCisared wrote: »
    what if NTTD ends with Mathilde orphaned like her Dad (and her mother I suppose) ? Ending jumps forward twenty years -we see a young woman doing some cool stuff. Last line of the film- " The names Bond, Mathilde Bond"

Thankfully the call sheets leak 100% debunks this idea. Not gonna happen.
  • Given the impressions the score gives, I'm really not looking forward to the possibility of
    Bond dying. If Boyle was on the Bond living side of this issue, I'm glad he kept to his guns and walked.
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    Given the impressions the score gives, I'm really not looking forward to the possibility of
    Bond dying. If Boyle was on the Bond living side of this issue, I'm glad he kept to his guns and walked.
    I still don't know what's going to happen. The Final Ascent score definitely has a mostly sad sound to it, and the call sheets are suspicious, but I just feel it's so unlikely they're really going to kill James Bond, at least definitively. I feel like the backlash would from fans would be tremendous.
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    Given the impressions the score gives, I'm really not looking forward to the possibility of
    I still don't know what's going to happen. The Final Ascent score definitely has a mostly sad sound to it, and the call sheets are suspicious, but I just feel it's so unlikely they're really going to kill James Bond, at least definitively. I feel like the backlash would from fans would be tremendous.
    Yes, but also we're talking about the people who effectively lifted a plot twist from Austin Powers for Spectre...
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    DCisared wrote: »
    New podcast episode is live.

Lol no snippets to talk about now since we have the whole soundtrack :(

Actually there is some score in there that Isnt on the album but I'm not sure it's from NTTD. Around 2:40. Sounds like something from American beauty.
    The score is simply superb. And love the use of OHMSS.
    Starting to really feel it lately. The fact it is happening in just about a week. So much wait, so much excitement. Better be worth it!
  • ColonelSun wrote: »
    The score is simply superb. And love the use of OHMSS.
    I had immediate goosebumps when that track came on.
    Omid Scobie (@scobie) Tweeted:
    Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla will be joined by Prince William and Duchess Kate on the red carpet for the world premiere of new @007 movie, #NoTimeToDie at London’s @RoyalAlbertHall on Sept 28. Health care workers and members of the @BritishArmy have also been invited. https://t.co/lWlV6pIdMc
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    10 days.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'm so excited, but I don't want to spoil the soundtrack before the first viewing.

So long as it's better than Spectre's score and on par with Arnold I'm fine with it
    Anyone think Safin will be the best and most well-written villain of the Craig era?
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    ertert wrote: »
    Anyone think Safin will be the best and most well-written villain of the Craig era?

I think his shaping up to be the most well written villain of the entire franchise.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    He’s definitely going to be the creepiest. I’m legit getting borderline horror vibes from some of the music in the soundtrack.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Silva and Le Chiffre are amongst the best though, he's got stiff competition. Fingers crossed!
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 6,665
    We've had Le Chiffre and Silva, two of the creepiest and very best in the entire series.

Ubv2LS.gif

tumblr_ml9h1r44rC1rp29v0o1_250.gifv

But I do think Safin will be right up there with them :)
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    He’s definitely going to be the creepiest. I’m legit getting borderline horror vibes from some of the music in the soundtrack.

The music is very creepy. The hairs on my neck literally stood up listening to that. Probably the first time I can ever think of a villain that actually made me uncomfortable, and I mean that in the best way possible. So if his performance in the movie lives up to that then it will be very special.
    mtm wrote: »
    Silva and Le Chiffre are amongst the best though, he's got stiff competition. Fingers crossed!
    I actually really love the Craig era villains. All of them!
    Both Bardem and Mikkelsen had the advantage of being funny as well, not sure Malek will have that opportunity.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    silva13 wrote: »

Yeah he's had a really good batch. Compared with Brosnan for example, who I'm not sure had such strong ones.
  • StarkStark France
    Not a fan of Dominic Greene
  • I think they took the site down, I keep getting an error message when I go back on the site to listen to the soundtrack.
  • I’ll admit to being a bit skeptical of Malick’s phony accent as Safin in the trailers, as well as the “I could be looking at my own reflection” line, but I do love his various looks, and he definitely emanates creep factor.
    Stark wrote: »

I think he serves that movie so well. I like the slimy eco philanthropist. It was nice to see Craig bond battling a public figure too, I wish they had more interaction with the two.
    007007x wrote: »
    I think they took the site down, I keep getting an error message when I go back on the site to listen to the soundtrack.
    Yes it's down as of a few hours now.
    I’ll admit to being a bit skeptical of Malick’s phony accent as Safin in the trailers, as well as the “I could be looking at my own reflection” line, but I do love his various looks, and he definitely emanates creep factor.
    I'm digging the accent. His got this whole god complex thing down pretty well. I guess the "looking in my own reflection" might make more sense in the context of the movie with his relationship with Madeline and what not.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Stark wrote: »

I like him more than a lot seem to: I think he's pretty effectively creepy. I like his weird leers and I've always quite liked that "then he shouldn't be looking at me" line in the car. But he's not served by the film very well. I've often thought that Amalric could easily have played Le Chiffre and done a great job and would be better regarded by Bond fans.
    In fact I almost wonder if he was first choice: apparently they had a French actor lined up to play him but it fell through and they had to get Mikkelson last minute.
    I’ll admit to being a bit skeptical of Malick’s phony accent as Safin in the trailers, as well as the “I could be looking at my own reflection” line, but I do love his various looks, and he definitely emanates creep factor.

Yeah the generic foreign 'Dr Evil' accent does worry me a little too, it's not very convincing. It sounds like someone playing a Bond villain.

The music is very creepy. The hairs on my neck literally stood up listening to that. Probably the first time I can ever think of a villain that actually made me uncomfortable, and I mean that in the best way possible. So if his performance in the movie lives up to that then it will be very special.

Yeah the Norway Chase track was so menacing. I’m guessing Bond & Madeline are at the cabin and then Safin and his goons suddenly show up. The way it quickly changes moods was so unsettling.
    ertert wrote: »

Yeah the Norway Chase track was so menacing. I’m guessing Bond & Madeline are at the cabin and then Safin and his goons suddenly show up. The way it quickly changes moods was so unsettling.

I love how much the word "unsettling" gets used with this, it's perfect description. I was trying to visualize the scenes I knew from the trailer. Needless to say I think the Norway chase is going to be a highlight for me!
    Think about how "Final Ascent" ends. Building up and up to something it doesn't answer. It just ends — like there's more to it.
    Death and rebirth
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Safin’s accent doesn’t bother me at all; his character is multi-racial and multi-cultural . It’s easy to envision that the influence of multiple dialects left him with a unique accent.