Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Whoa!
    Whoa!

That's not the real trailer is it? It largely differs from what was described at CineCon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Whoa!
    Whoa!

That's not the real trailer is it? It largely differs from what was described at CineCon.

Its a teaser.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,105
    Oh my lord I am noticing stuff in these trailer(s) its incredible.

Bloody hell how many trailers are there, the time keeps changing.

Brilliant marketing from Warner Brothers it's genius. I am so hyped for Resurrections.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2021 Posts: 40,372
    The marketing is so genius and echoes what they did with the first film’s marketing. I love how revisiting the site and picking different pills can result in new flashes of footage.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The marketing is so genius and echoes what they did with the first film’s marketing. I love how revisiting the site and picking different pills can result in new flashes of footage.

I watched the trailer before visiting the site initially so it did not click at first then I realised the time was different on a few trailers I watched.

The tone feels closer to the first film which I am happy about. I am guessing this will be the 7th iteration of the Matrix and the 7th anomaly/Neo and the machines will employ different tactics to prevent the One from awakening.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks excellent.

I watched the trailer before visiting the site initially so it did not click at first then I realised the time was different on a few trailers I watched.

The tone feels closer to the first film which I am happy about. I am guessing this will be the 7th iteration of the Matrix and the 7th anomaly/Neo and the machines will employ different tactics to prevent the One from awakening.

My thoughts exactly. And yes, it gives me heavy vibes from the first film, which is incredible.
  • Yeah I did some digging about the Matrix Resurrections and what I found was incredible.
    I can confirm that the tone is close to the first film
    I can also confirm that it is the seventh iteration of The Matrix and that Smith resurrected as well, but has lost the ability to clone himself. If you want full spoilers, WorldofGeekdom101 released a video with the full plot of the Matrix Resurrections on YouTube.
    Yeah I did some digging about the Matrix Resurrections and what I found was incredible.
    I can also confirm that it is the seventh iteration of The Matrix and that Smith resurrected as well, but has lost the ability to clone himself. If you want full spoilers, WorldofGeekdom101 released a video with the full plot of the Matrix Resurrections on YouTube.

I am not going to click your spoiler as I am approaching anything Matrix 4 related with trepidation I want to know as little as possible. I will watch the trailer tomorrow then avoid everything lol I am even considering ignoring tomorrows trailer though that will take a lot of will power. lol

My thoughts exactly. And yes, it gives me heavy vibes from the first film, which is incredible.

Cloud Atlas did pop in my mind when watching the teasers, as flawed as that film is it has some great visuals. The great thing about the Matrix is the representation of the fake real world in a new iteration, I like the fact the new iteration can mirror or be slightly ahead of the real time contemporary world it is filmed in. You really could make Matrix movies indefinitely to reflect our changing times.
  • Yeah I did some digging about the Matrix Resurrections and what I found was incredible.

I am not going to click your spoiler as I am approaching anything Matrix 4 related with trepidation I want to know as little as possible. I will watch the trailer tomorrow then avoid everything lol I am even considering ignoring tomorrows trailer though that will take a lot of will power. lol

Cloud Atlas did pop in my mind when watching the teasers, as flawed as that film is it has some great visuals. The great thing about the Matrix is the representation of the fake real world in a new iteration, I like the fact the new iteration can mirror or be slightly ahead of the real time contemporary world it is filmed in. You really could make Matrix movies indefinitely to reflect our changing times.

ok, I apologise. Probably the correct approach. Shame I've already spoilt it for myself, lol
    Yeah I did some digging about the Matrix Resurrections and what I found was incredible.

ok, I apologise. Probably the correct approach. Shame I've already spoilt it for myself, lol

No need to apologise, if it were another film I would not be so cautious. I made a mistake with Reloaded when it was released and knew way too much going into the film.
    Don't Look Up Teaser Trailer (2021)

LAST NIGHT IN SOHO Final Trailer (2021) Anya Taylor-Joy, Edgar Wright

Should go live any second:

• sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    It looks really good.

But so far for me, there has only been one really good Matrix film, so I try to keep my expectations low.
    It looks awesome.
  • Great trailer.
    I was wondering: what are all of your opinions on Reloaded and Revolutions? I think it's pretty much universally agreed that the first Matrix is amazing so leaving that out.
    Great trailer.
    I was wondering: what are all of your opinions on Reloaded and Revolutions? I think it's pretty much universally agreed that the first Matrix is amazing so leaving that out.

I like them, but they arent as interesting due to all the repetition.
    I love The Matrix, I love Reloaded and Revolutions has gotten better and better for me over the years, particularly when I take it for what it is and don't get too bummed out at the lack of all the good, tasty action that came before. It's a much more personal and emotional entry in the trilogy, I feel.

The movie’s getting mixed reviews so far, but this soundtrack is already fantastic. My hype remains in place!
    FoxRox wrote: »

The movie’s getting mixed reviews so far, but this soundtrack is already fantastic. My hype remains in place!

I hear the film's more about brutality and unique kills that'll make you wince and less about suspense and dread, which is a shame.
    FoxRox wrote: »

I hear the film's more about brutality and unique kills that'll make you wince and less about suspense and dread, which is a shame.

That is a concern. To be completely honest, I recently rewatched the entire franchise, and the only ones I thought were pretty scary were the first 3, with the latter two being uneven at that. For the most part the subtle eeriness has been gone for a long time unfortunately. This may also be another Rob Zombie comparison with this movie, with more of a “disturbing” angle than “scary” per say. This may not be pleasing to all, and I have my own preference for the more quiet and suspenseful approach of the oldest entries. I’m willing to go in open minded and hopefully get some enjoyment! I just hope it’s at least entertaining; the “kills” aspect reminds me of Friday the 13th, which is generally a fun series for me though not really scary.
    Resurrections looks incredible.
    @FoxRox, it really has. I fear with most of these types of films of late, it really is focused on brutality and death and just how gnarly and gross the kills can be, not so much on suspense and fear and terror, which is a shame. The original Halloween has several moments that, countless viewings and many years later, still scare me to this day. I don't remember the last time this franchise properly scared me.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, indeed it does, I'm 100 times more excited for it than I was last week, somehow.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,105
    @FoxRox, it really has. I fear with most of these types of films of late, it really is focused on brutality and death and just how gnarly and gross the kills can be, not so much on suspense and fear and terror, which is a shame. The original Halloween has several moments that, countless viewings and many years later, still scare me to this day. I don't remember the last time this franchise properly scared me.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, indeed it does, I'm 100 times more excited for it than I was last week, somehow.

Resurrections is surpassing my expectations, a lot of great idea's in the trailer I can see what Lana Wachoiski is doing and I am impressed.

Some of the shots look phenomenal, very cinematic.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Loved the Resurrections trailer. People are complaining about the lack of green filtering that was seen the first Three, completely forgetting about the reset at the end of Revolutions that got rid of all that. Where's Smith, Where's Laurence Fishburnes Morpheus? Uhh dead and died in the online game, if in fact that follow some sort of continuity
    @Creasy47 For sure. I think the closest it’s come since, and you still have to go back pretty far, is the creepy, largely empty hospital setting Michael creeps around in 2, and just several of the freaky aspects in 3 (the pumpkin mask TV scene genuinely scared me, even though it was gross too). But 1 is the only one that start to finish is pretty scary and subtle, which I think the low budget helped with too.

Resurrections is surpassing my expectations, a lot of great idea's in the trailer I can see what Lana Wachoiski is doing and I am impressed.

Yes, I was really surprised by how breathtaking some of those shots were. This film's going to have really incredible visuals, I can already tell. Can't wait to see what she brings to the table with a return to this series after all these years.

@FoxRox, both those first two had a lot of scary, tense moments for me - as you said, the dilapidated, almost empty hospital in the 2nd one is a great location. It feels so safe but anything but at the same time. I always love that longer sequence with the security guard/cop (been a while since I last saw it) investigating the area before being struck down by Michael. Such a great moment, very nail-biting.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

agreed, the cinematography and visuals are great
    Going to have a Matrix day leading up to the new film, I will watch the Animatrix and my 4K Matrix Trilogy. From now on avoiding anything to do with Resurrections.
    Neil Patrick Harris's glasses ;)