No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• silva13silva13 Australia
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Just seen the documentary. I could not recommend it highly enough for every Bond / Craig fan! What a gorgeous job they did summing things up and adding on to the hype for NTTD at the same time. Just seeing all that horrible hatred towards Daniel and you know, he and the crew using that as fuel and throwing it back at all of them with the masterpiece that is CR, just amazing. Actors like Daniel are people with feelings too; the kinds of things said were hurtful and the film hadn’t even come out yet.

I loved learning a few new tidbits and just seeing Michael, Barbara, and Daniel talking about it. Michael wasn’t so enthused about QOS, but I was happy to see Barbara and Daniel say a couple nice things about it at least as I find it an underappreciated gem.

The documentary was very emotional and compact. It’s emotional for me particularly because of what Daniel’s Bond means to me. He was the Bond through all the years of my youth and today, so this culmination is a big deal. He made the role his own and owned it big time. I thank the producers for their belief in him, Daniel for his shared talent, and everyone who helped make this all happen. His tenure is special :)

Any new tidbits directly related to NTTD?
    There is a tiny bit of extra footage of the Matera car chase, the use of gadgets (mines) and some really cool shots. And then when they talk about the last scene he filmed he is running down an alley way with Waldo.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    Bond's Spirit yacht at the Jamaican beach house

joTGQVk.jpg

I obviously should have been working for MI6 all these years!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    silva13 wrote: »
    Just seen the documentary. I could not recommend it highly enough for every Bond / Craig fan! What a gorgeous job they did summing things up and adding on to the hype for NTTD at the same time. Just seeing all that horrible hatred towards Daniel and you know, he and the crew using that as fuel and throwing it back at all of them with the masterpiece that is CR, just amazing. Actors like Daniel are people with feelings too; the kinds of things said were hurtful and the film hadn’t even come out yet.

I loved learning a few new tidbits and just seeing Michael, Barbara, and Daniel talking about it. Michael wasn’t so enthused about QOS, but I was happy to see Barbara and Daniel say a couple nice things about it at least as I find it an underappreciated gem.

The documentary was very emotional and compact. It’s emotional for me particularly because of what Daniel’s Bond means to me. He was the Bond through all the years of my youth and today, so this culmination is a big deal. He made the role his own and owned it big time. I thank the producers for their belief in him, Daniel for his shared talent, and everyone who helped make this all happen. His tenure is special :)

Couldn't have said it better!

+1

I stayed up to midnight to watch. I have now seen it three times (it is 2:30 am here). Good thing it's Rosh Hashana and I can sleep in.

Good night (or good morning) everyone!
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    here in Italy it says "coming today" but still not available. boh
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    silva13 wrote: »

Any new tidbits directly related to NTTD?
    There is a tiny bit of extra footage of the Matera car chase, the use of gadgets (mines) and some really cool shots. And then when they talk about the last scene he filmed he is running down an alley way with Waldo.

Sorry for being a bit of a pest, but do you think you could DM me some screenshots and videos of just the NTTD footage?
  • StarkStark France

Same in France...
    Cant wait to watch Becoming Bond. Even tho my Bond fandom started with Pierce Brosnan as Bond, DC is my James Bond. He was my Bond for the majority of my life/fandom. Its gonna be really hard to get used to Bond without him. Gonna be very interesting to see where Bond goes without him.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Italians to Apple: 🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Cant wait to watch Becoming Bond. Even tho my Bond fandom started with Pierce Brosnan as Bond, DC is my James Bond. He was my Bond for the majority of my life/fandom. Its gonna be really hard to get used to Bond without him. Gonna be very interesting to see where Bond goes without him.

exactly the same here.
    started with my grandfather in cinema with Brosnan, but Craig is the one I really started bonding with

AAAnd it's gone.

It doesn't exist anymore on Apple TV.

Ok

AAAnd it's gone.

Ok

Yes I just checked. So annoying.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

AAAnd it's gone.

Ok

USA version:

https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/being-james-bond/umc.cmc.4j4qdb76wzl0ipxdwh6qs109d
    For some reason I can't watch it either. Damn!

AAAnd it's gone.

Ok

USA version:

https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/being-james-bond/umc.cmc.4j4qdb76wzl0ipxdwh6qs109d

It doesn’t work in some countries. Weird. The only way is to change the location of the Apple account.
    matt_u wrote: »

AAAnd it's gone.

Ok

USA version:

It doesn’t work in some countries. Weird. The only way is to change the location of the Apple account.

I tried that. No dice yet.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 847
    Well, can't wait to see peoples re-upload it somewhere else, until then, can't watch it too.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861
    I really love the BTS shot of him shooting the final scene of CR: even though you can only see his feet as he walks past Mr White on the ground, he’s totally Bond at that moment.

Also: how refreshing to hear them talk about Quantum and say they weren’t entirely satisfied with it. That’s not to say anyone who rates it is wrong, it’s just nice to hear them speak (fairly) candidly.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Well, can't wait to see peoples re-upload it somewhere else, until then, can't watch it too.

Let's sing together you and I: "We hate Apple! We hate Apple! We hate Apple.. all day long!" (Music: Rod Stewart's "We are sailing")

:D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nice clip of the DB5 dropping its mines. And is that Zimmer score playing at that point or from Spectre? I genuinely can't tell.

Perhaps slightly alarming that Ms Broccoli says she 'can't imagine' Bond after Craig though... :D
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    mtm wrote: »
    Nice clip of the DB5 dropping its mines. And is that Zimmer score playing at that point or from Spectre? I genuinely can't tell.

Perhaps slightly alarming that Ms Broccoli says she 'can't imagine' Bond after Craig though... :D

It's Newman's score throughout that section. The action looks like it has a real energy to it.
    Babs seems very attached to Craig, did you see how intimately she embraced him at the end? Beautiful!
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 6,665
    Poor fella, the next one...

If they had Connery's shoes to fill, now they have Connery and Craig's shoes to fill.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Disappeared in Spain too...

I'm sure some good Bondians out there are recording it and will share with the Bond community very soon... :D
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Disappeared in Spain too...

I'm sure some good Bondians out there are recording it and will share with the Bond community very soon... :D

I sincerely hope so, was waiting for it since a long time
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I didn't realise that Craig was suffering from a bad injury in the Spectre PTS: that explains why the shots of Bond running have his face stuck onto a stuntman.
    Daniel's speech after the last scene wrapped at the Cuba set

I'm speechless about this disappearing.
    why everytime there is something cool in the last 4 years, i have to be left disappointed?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I really love the BTS shot of him shooting the final scene of CR: even though you can only see his feet as he walks past Mr White on the ground, he’s totally Bond at that moment.

Also: how refreshing to hear them talk about Quantum and say they weren’t entirely satisfied with it. That’s not to say anyone who rates it is wrong, it’s just nice to hear them speak (fairly) candidly.

I also enjoyed the bit about Hugh Jackman's influence.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 490
    Is anyone else feeling sort of numb at this point? It hasn't really hit me that we are actually going to see this film finally. I think I'm so burned by all the delays it's hard to accept that this time seems to be for real.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TripAces wrote: »

I also enjoyed the bit about Hugh Jackman's influence.

Yes I thought that was quite fascinating.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ertert wrote: »
    Is anyone else feeling sort of numb at this point? It hasn't really hit me that we are actually going to see this film finally. I think I'm so burned by all the delays it's hard to accept that this time seems to be for real.

It is a bit hard to fathom that in just three weeks, people will start to finally see this film and share their thoughts on it. Barely one month left until I'm seeing it in the U.S., it does feel a bit surreal.