No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2021 Posts: 469
    from the Paloma and Nomi trailer, I wonder what this place is? Haven't seen it before, not to mention how Bond has Valdo in his arms and Paloma appears to be slightly injured...

Nomi does zipline Valdo away, however, we know that shortlly after, Valdo slips out from her grip and falls from the balcony. Is this where Bond recaptures him?

We haven't seen much about how Bond gets from the Cuba party to the boat, so could this be our first look into what goes on? Seeing they kept it out of our grasp for so long, there's likely a pretty big spoiler somewhere at this point...

Paloma_Nomi_Moment.jpg?width=714&height=297

Paloma_Nomi_Moment2.jpg?width=714&height=297

Unless there’s something about Paloma we’re not seeing, which is seeming unlikely, this is looking more and more likely to be the first monogamous Bond. Only way it isn’t at this point is if he and Nomi had a moment, or if there’s a random girl like the one in SF briefly.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Unless there’s something about Paloma we’re not seeing, which is seeming unlikely, this is looking more and more likely to be the first monogamous Bond. Only way it isn’t at this point is if he and Nomi had a moment, or if there’s a random girl like the one in SF briefly.
    I'm kinda glad that's the case, especially with Paloma, as after their almost paternal relationship in Knives Out, it'd be kind of odd to have them then be getting it on in a different film.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I'm kinda glad that's the case, especially with Paloma, as after their almost paternal relationship in Knives Out, it'd be kind of odd to have them then be getting it on in a different film.
    I don’t know how to feel about it. Paloma definitely feels like a classic Bond girl right down to sexual appeal, and having Bond be a one-woman man start to finish in a film would feel a bit off to me, though of course could be used to emphasize his being in love with Madeleine. I hope it’s not something that will be a trend after this in any case.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 500
    I don’t know how to feel about it. Paloma definitely feels like a classic Bond girl right down to sexual appeal, and having Bond be a one-woman man start to finish in a film would feel a bit off to me, though of course could be used to emphasize his being in love with Madeleine. I hope it’s not something that will be a trend after this in any case.
    Yeah I think Paloma being such a classic Bond Girl type is that reason exactly — to make a point that this incarnation of the character has something different about him; a point about the story they are telling within this film.
    BMB007 wrote: »
    Yeah I think Paloma being such a classic Bond Girl type is that reason exactly — to make a point that this incarnation of the character has something different about him; a point about the story they are telling within this film.

I do hope we get some more well-integrated classic Bond elements. The Craig trend of subverting expectations is getting really stale at this point,
    BMB007 wrote: »

I do hope we get some more well-integrated classic Bond elements. The Craig trend of subverting expectations is getting really stale at this point,

I agree. Ironically, the subversion becomes the predictable.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    I just watched the "being james bond" documentary and I loved it! I thought it was gonna be alot of the same old stuff mashed together but it gave such a candid, honest, and emotionally raw take on the physical and mental toll on Craig and how dedicated he really is to the role. Hearing from Barbara and Micheal was bloody brilliant too! 10/10 it made me proud to be a bond fan and a Craig fan! His gonna be so missed when his gone but his also the greatest lesson in not judging the next actor until we see the material that his made.
    I shed a few years throughout the doco. Bring on No Time To die, the epic conclusion that this man deserves!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    silva13 wrote: »
    I just watched the "being james bond" documentary and I loved it! I thought it was gonna be alot of the same old stuff mashed together but it gave such a candid, honest, and emotionally raw take on the physical and mental toll on Craig and how dedicated he really is to the role. Hearing from Barbara and Micheal was bloody brilliant too! 10/10 it made me proud to be a bond fan and a Craig fan! His gonna be so missed when his gone but his also the greatest lesson in not judging the next actor until we see the material that his made.
    I shed a few years throughout the doco. Bring on No Time To die, the epic conclusion that this man deserves!

I can't wait.

For the record, I don't think DC will be gone completely. I would not be shocked if he continues as an Exec Producer for many years to come.
    TripAces wrote: »

I can't wait.

For the record, I don't think DC will be gone completely. I would not be shocked if he continues as an Exec Producer for many years to come.

I really hope he does stay on! He understands the character. I love that he fought respectively for the shower scene to be fully clothed also.
    Station_Z wrote: »
    Or at least you German connoisseurs could translate Paloma's part? Thanks

Paloma: «Sometimes a mission requires team work.»
    Bond: «Two vodka martinis. Shaken, not stirred.»
    Bond: «This was terrific.»
    Paloma: «Next time stay longer.»

Can we get a translation of Nomi's part as well? The shown footage is the same though we still don't know what she says to the camera at the start.
    TripAces wrote: »

I can't wait.

It would be cool if he was involved in the casting for the next actor.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Out of respect for the next actor there's no way Craig will be involved in any way, shape or form, after he himself has left the role.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 847
    Is there subtitles aviable in Being James Bond on the Itune thing (like in english, french ?)
  • DCisared wrote: »
    Out of respect for the next actor there's no way Craig will be involved in any way, shape or form, after he himself has left the role.

Agreed, that would just be weird. I also suspect the next iteration of the character will be very different in tone from Craig's.
    Is there subtitles aviable in Being James Bond on the Itune thing (like in english, french ?)

There should be, yes, if accessing it from France for instance.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Still not available. The app says "Coming next Monday". Are you guys able to see it in UK or other EU countries?

Anyway yeah, both the Paloma spot and the documentary spoiled Paloma's last scene in the film.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 847
    antovolk wrote: »

There should be, yes, if accessing it from France for instance.

Nice to know. I fact I will waiting it's appears elsewhere, hoping it will in the next hours (dont want to install itune on my pc or create Apple account)...
    I hope the documentary features Craig’s screen test for CR! Any confirmation?
  • matt_u wrote: »

It features some of it, but not much.
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »

It features some of it, but not much.

Thanks. At least is something.
    Just seen the documentary. I could not recommend it highly enough for every Bond / Craig fan! What a gorgeous job they did summing things up and adding on to the hype for NTTD at the same time. Just seeing all that horrible hatred towards Daniel and you know, he and the crew using that as fuel and throwing it back at all of them with the masterpiece that is CR, just amazing. Actors like Daniel are people with feelings too; the kinds of things said were hurtful and the film hadn’t even come out yet.

I loved learning a few new tidbits and just seeing Michael, Barbara, and Daniel talking about it. Michael wasn’t so enthused about QOS, but I was happy to see Barbara and Daniel say a couple nice things about it at least as I find it an underappreciated gem.

The documentary was very emotional and compact. It’s emotional for me particularly because of what Daniel’s Bond means to me. He was the Bond through all the years of my youth and today, so this culmination is a big deal. He made the role his own and owned it big time. I thank the producers for their belief in him, Daniel for his shared talent, and everyone who helped make this all happen. His tenure is special :)
    Daniel is “my” Bond too. I was 16 when CR came out. I already loved the JB films before him but his tenure made me a real fan of the character. It’s gonna be hard after NTTD and I’ll miss him so much in the role.
    Just seen the documentary. I could not recommend it highly enough for every Bond / Craig fan! What a gorgeous job they did summing things up and adding on to the hype for NTTD at the same time. Just seeing all that horrible hatred towards Daniel and you know, he and the crew using that as fuel and throwing it back at all of them with the masterpiece that is CR, just amazing. Actors like Daniel are people with feelings too; the kinds of things said were hurtful and the film hadn’t even come out yet.

I loved learning a few new tidbits and just seeing Michael, Barbara, and Daniel talking about it. Michael wasn’t so enthused about QOS, but I was happy to see Barbara and Daniel say a couple nice things about it at least as I find it an underappreciated gem.

The documentary was very emotional and compact. It’s emotional for me particularly because of what Daniel’s Bond means to me. He was the Bond through all the years of my youth and today, so this culmination is a big deal. He made the role his own and owned it big time. I thank the producers for their belief in him, Daniel for his shared talent, and everyone who helped make this all happen. His tenure is special :)

Couldn't have said it better!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Can anyone post the direct link to apple/Bond docu?!

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    matt_u wrote: »

Curiously from what I’ve seen, it’s behind-the-scenes footage of it (presumably from some expansive making of CR we never got) rather than the actual screen test itself. I guess it’s from Special Treats’ archive (they made this and have made 007 making ofs for years).
    Contraband wrote: »

Second the question. Sorry but I haven't an apple device nor an account on it, so it's a little difficult to watch it
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Bond's Spirit yacht at the Jamaican beach house

joTGQVk.jpg

Marketing

rNYVY97.jpg
    7n3V1CN.jpg
    XmB7W2I.jpg
    fK69fO1.jpg
    w9r6gL7.jpg

Any new tidbits directly related to NTTD?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 1,351
    Contraband wrote: »

Second the question. Sorry but I haven't an apple device nor an account on it, so it's a little difficult to watch it

https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/being-james-bond/umc.cmc.4j4qdb76wzl0ipxdwh6qs109d

Don't know if this will help you. The "View in iTunes" doesn't work for me, but I am also not in the US and the German Apple TV page doesn't seem to have the film yet?

Edit: Ah. Apparently it's called "In der Haut von James Bond" in German. "In the skin of James Bond". And it says, it's available from Tuesday. Which is today?! Will have to check it out from my girlfriend's Apple account, once I get home from the office...