Woof !!..The Crazy Dog Person Thread.

edited July 2018 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
This is a deliberate thread for all dog lovers out there,we cant let 'le chat' lovers have one and not us.

Lets talk about man's best friend,our loyal,faithful companions.
Pictures,funny stories,sad stories ?

Anything dog !!

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Nice one, @barryt007. It's about time friends of mans best friend had a thread.

Here is Buster:
    19657177_476382839375913_5232144831356394417_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d72ba63829b240e607ba0b7f9510b727&oe=5BD45F0D

Here is Buster again, joined by my brothers dog, Billy:
    12508850_205026076511592_344906115138738177_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1a1f954d01aa86acc4dbb26aa1249454&oe=5BEB0578
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I have a very huge obsession with dogs - I love them more than people, honestly.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,727
    I like dogs too; just other people's. I had a dog once between 1996 and 1999 but it was sadly killed in tragic circumstances. I've never had a dog since then, only cats.

Incidentally, @MajorDSmythe, my brother's dog is also called Billy and I chose his name out of a hat! :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I have a very huge obsession with dogs - I love them more than people, honestly.

You aren't alone @Creasy47 . If I won the lottery, I wouldn't by cars and boats and villas etc... I would buy a piece of land, and build a sanctuary for homeless... mainly dogs, but animals in general. I would make a deal with local pet shops, that if I buy supplies from them in bulk, they'll give me a discount.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I like dogs too; just other people's. I had a dog once between 1996 and 1999 but it was sadly killed in tragic circumstances. I've never had a dog since then, only cats.

Incidentally, @MajorDSmythe, my brother's dog is also called Billy and I chose his name out of a hat! :)

Yeah, after Busters days... I can't see myself having another dog. The though is always in the back of my mind, and I try to keep it there.

My brother didn't do anything as sophisticated as draw the name out of a hat. He called Billy, and Billy responded, so that was it. He's a lovely dog, but REALLY hyper. Unfortunately, due possibly to complications at birth, he has little if not zero concentration, so he isn't a working dog, but he is special in his own way.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Lest anyone construct an animosity between cat and dog lovers: I'm very happy with my succession of cats during the last 35 years or so, but the only reason I do not (also) have a dog is that no one is home during the day and neither my wife nor I would be able to take the dog along to work. Cats can deal with being at home alone (cat flap and all), but we wouldn't do it to a dog. So it'll have to wait at least until I retire.
    Henchman for Bond 25:

Title track: 'Awoo' by Doggos & Puppers:
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Same here..losing a dog is worse than losing a relative.
    (Within reason obviously )
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    King is just gorgeous, @Birdleson. The size of those ears!!
  • Just noticed this thread now. Dogs are truly the best animals on the planet. We take care of them, sure, but really in so many ways it's they who take care of us.

And yes, King is one awesome pup and a born Bond fan.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I have a Shih Tzu named Jade. Actually, it's says she's a Shih Tzu, but we think there's some Poodle in there too. Shitty Poo.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I have a Shih Tzu named Jade. Actually, it's says she's a Shih Tzu, but we think there's some Poodle in there too. Shitty Poo.

I always have a Shih Tzu in the morning.

I usually have a Great Dane,especially after a filling steak and kidney pie the night before.
    barryt007 wrote: »

I usually have a Great Dane,especially after a filling steak and kidney pie the night before.

giphy.gif
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

giphy.gif

One of the best movies ever.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,241

giphy.gif

One of the best movies ever.

It's one of my favourite comedies. Haven't watched it in years, though. There's even the dog car! (just to relate my comment to the topic)
    1984-Ford-Econoline.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The Guardian: German scientists find fresh evidence of canine intelligence.
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/sep/01/german-scientists-find-fresh-evidence-of-canine-intelligence
    :D some nice costumes.
    Doggo in a Nehru jacket. =))
    Doggo in a Nehru jacket. =))

His owners said "Don't tell him he's got a cat on his back!"
    That's his packed lunch ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Dogfeld Cat won a separate competition I hope. Pretty good.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2021 Posts: 28,694
    I figured we had a thread like this running around here.

I have a cocker spaniel named Cooper, and just a few days ago it was his 4th birthday, so it made me want to dig through a few pictures and share them with you all. I am currently planning to do a sort of digital album of all my pictures of him that I've taken with my camera over the last few years, which I'll then send to the wonderful dog breeder who allowed us to adopt him.

Here is he and I on the very first night we shared at my house, in early January 2018. Can't believe he was ever so tiny!
    NL4gZ0G.jpg

These images are a little rougher, as they were taken by others on their phones, but here are some of my favorite joint shots between my buddy and I:

WJyLdwQ.jpg
    sDvTyTT.jpg
    G7GSOZR.jpg
    MWkbu7j.jpg

Outside my own Bond woman, Cooper is by far the most important aspect of my life. We got him at a time when I really needed something to be happy about, and he has been the light of my life through every dark time I've faced. Dogs are inarguably the very best. Their love is bountiful, unending, and they get your heart so wrapped up around them you quickly can't imagine life without them. Their intelligence and individual quirks in equal measures make them such fun companions, as they really are tiny humans in fur coats, and are a cornerstone of any family they are adopted into. Here's to dogs!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    You should've called him Craig.
    Spaniel Craig.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QBranch wrote: »
    You should've called him Craig.
    Spaniel Craig.

That ain't bad, I gotta say. And pretty fitting, since he is the best. ;-)
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Nice to see someone else on here who appreciates John Hiatt @RichardTheBruce

Never noticed this Doggy discussion before...