NTTD & Corona

Comments

NicNac wrote: »
    There's still a virus out there, where's the MI6 HQ open letter begging them to delay ...

It's being drafted as we speak.

I hope that's irony.
    Maverick moving back to next to year has to be a terrible hammer blow to exhibitors. Without top product there's just no encouragment to go to a cinema. I think movie houses were particularly reliaing on Bond and Top Gun getting people back in, now one of them has departed. My fear is some companies won't survive until next May
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    There's still a virus out there, where's the MI6 HQ open letter begging them to delay ...

I hope that's irony.

It is. It's worth remembering that anything we put out there, such as a letter asking for the postponement of the film carries no actual weight with Eon. It's an opinion and nothing more. Eon make their decisions based on many factors, and an open letter from MI6 HQ is not one of them.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Part of me thinks they are sacrificing high box office numbers for award nods… given the paucity of high quality films in 2021, could they be shooting for the stars with a Best Picture nom? If not, I could certainly see Best Cinematography, Soundtrack, etc.
    Tragedies often win Best Picture. Will Bond kick off ? When Danny Boyle still was on the job, reportedly he and his writer partner wanted to kill Bond and the producers disagreed. Of course, they could have disagreed on various aspects but been ok with this one, were the story even accurate. They could have disagreed then but gotten used to the idea thereafter. Hmmm....will see !
    Part of me thinks they are sacrificing high box office numbers for award nods… given the paucity of high quality films in 2021, could they be shooting for the stars with a Best Picture nom? If not, I could certainly see Best Cinematography, Soundtrack, etc.

I've been halfway joking for a while NTTD could get a BP nod, it wouldn't win but I think they'd be more than happy to be able to advertise "BEST PICTURE NOMINEE NO TIME TO DIE".

If it's as good as the buzz is...

I’ll say it again they should have ramped forward the date a good few weeks
  • NicNac wrote: »

I hope that's irony.

It is. It's worth remembering that anything we put out there, such as a letter asking for the postponement of the film carries no actual weight with Eon. It's an opinion and nothing more. Eon make their decisions based on many factors, and an open letter from MI6 HQ is not one of them.

You don't say .... see still I'm blocked on the Twitter account for having an opinion on said letter. MI6 HQ likes to be opinionated but very much does not like it when people disagree with them. Hence the childish behaviour in blocking people on Twitter, as for Ben .... jeez ...
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    To be honest, Twitter is the worst.
  • To be honest, Twitter is the worst.

Yes especially when you get sensationalist tweets from MI6HQ - 'OMG NTTD has to make a billion dollars to break even' - 'We've seen the script and what a wtf moment - Bond goes to Vesper's grave with Madeleine.'
    edited September 2021 Posts: 8,000
    Didn’t Page work for EON back in the day?
    No.
    BMB007 wrote: »

I've been halfway joking for a while NTTD could get a BP nod, it wouldn't win but I think they'd be more than happy to be able to advertise "BEST PICTURE NOMINEE NO TIME TO DIE".

Not a chance in hell NTTD gets an picture nod.At the end of the day,Bond movies are seen as just another action franchise and not best picture material.

Anyway,who cares? The oscars lost their relevance a long,long time ago.It’s just a big circle jerk for millionaires handing out gold statues to each other.

If BLACK PANTHER can get nominated, so can Bond.
    AstonLotus wrote: »

Not a chance in hell NTTD gets an picture nod.At the end of the day,Bond movies are seen as just another action franchise and not best picture material.

Anyway,who cares? The oscars lost their relevance a long,long time ago.It’s just a big circle jerk for millionaires handing out gold statues to each other.

Lotta buzz with Skyfall, totally possible if unlikely.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fbadbb85e-c40f-4f60-9071-5365037b31c9_268x145
    tenor.gif?itemid=7197680
    200w.gif
    UnlawfulSimpleAmbushbug-max-1mb.gif
    WastefulCapitalDeviltasmanian-small.gif

Black Panther had an almost entirely black cast and giving that film a nomination was a massive virtue signal by the academy to say to the world “ Hey! We love black people! No racism here! Honest! Oh we’re sorry we let Harvey Weinstein get away with everything he did over the years and looked the other way by the way! “

The only way i see NTTD getting a best picture nom is if the new female black 007 puts Bond in his place during the entire movie and makes him apologise for being such a womaniser over the years.Bonus points if Moneypenney lodges a complaint with HR regarding tweets Bond made seven or so years ago and says directly to the screen “ BELIEVE WOMEN! “

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2021 Posts: 7,518

Black Panther had an almost entirely black cast and giving that film a nomination was a massive virtue signal by the academy to say to the world “ Hey! We love black people! No racism here! Honest! Oh we’re sorry we let Harvey Weinstein get away with everything he did over the years and looked the other way by the way! “

The only way i see NTTD getting a best picture nom is if the new female black 007 puts Bond in his place during the entire movie and makes him apologise for being such a womaniser over the years.Bonus points if Moneypenney lodges a complaint with HR regarding tweets Bond made seven or so years ago and says directly to the screen “ BELIEVE WOMEN! “

Yep. If Nomi makes Bond cry, I’d say the film has the faintest chance of being nominated. Otherwise, absolutely no chance.

Black Panther was extremely culturally relevant and the lead died. Similarly with Heath Ledger, whom I doubt would have won if he were alive.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 625
    Black Panther was extremely culturally relevant and the lead died. Similarly with Heath Ledger, whom I doubt would have won if he were alive.

"Black Panther" came out in 2018 and Chadwick Boseman was alive back then, when the movie was nominated for "Best Picture".
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

"Black Panther" came out in 2018 and Chadwick Boseman was alive back then, when the movie was nominated for "Best Picture".

Ah, fair enough then, got my timeline mixed up.
    Shang Chi seems to be doing extremely well in the box office all things considered. People are still willing to go to the movies in large numbers provided there is something worth seeing
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    I think 'NTTD' should be repeatedly delayed by a week, just to mess with cinema goers.
    ertert wrote: »
    Shang Chi seems to be doing extremely well in the box office all things considered. People are still willing to go to the movies in large numbers provided there is something worth seeing

Another delay would be a massive mistake.
    ertert wrote: »

Well see.It could suffer a massive drop the second weekend once all the Marvel nerds see it just like Black Widow.

edited September 2021 Posts: 8,000
    The big difference this time is that it's not on Disney+ until October 17.

How it will perform will give more perspective to NTTD's release rather than BLACK WIDOW.
    This thread has now been removed from the front page.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 847
    Some results that I had yet on my world tour survey of the restrictions of the cinemas/theaters a week of the release of the film :

- France : Access to the cinemas (as to many places) is EXCLUSIVELY reserved to people who can present what we call here a "Pass sanitaire" (Health Pass). This is a paper or digital document that can be obtained if you have fulfilled at least one of the following three conditions:
    - Issued after 7 days to anyone who has received a second injection of a double injection vaccine recognized by the European Union (such as Pfizer) (for single injection vaccines such as Johnson & Johnson, it is 28 days later).
    - Have been tested negative for COVID via a screening test (like PCR test) less than 72 hours ago.
    - Have proof that you were infected (less than 6 months ago) and have since recovered.

There is currently no law that obliges cinema owners to require (except for eventual prefectural orders) the masks wearing for theirs customers. However, the law allows cinemas owners who wish to do it (on a voluntary basis) to require it, and/so in practice many cinemas owners impose to their customers to wear a mask during screenings.

- Germany: conditions vary according to the 16 “Länders” (states) of the country. If there are more than 50 infections per 100,000 inhabitants in some Länders during the week, entry conditions follow, as in France, what they call the 3 "G" (<em> Geimpft, Genesen, Geimpft </em> : Vaccinated, Cured or Tested). Sometimes it is "2G" (people only tested are then refused). The capacity of cinemas (sometimes down to 50%) and the rules for wearing a mask also vary according to the Länder and the week. The film is released on September 30.

- England: release on September 28 in cinemas open to all and where wearing a mask is not compulsory.

- Argentina: cinemas are open to everyone (except for the sick: your temperature is measured at the entrance) with a capacity gauge varying between 70% and 50%. The mask is compulsory during the screening. the film is released on September 30.

- Belgium: cinemas are open to everyone and wearing a mask is compulsory. Certain “social distancing” (leaving seats empty) rules may be in effect. The film is released on September 30.

- Colombia: The film will be released on September 29 and cinemas accept everyone, as long as it is wearing a mask (which you must keep during the screening). The theaters capacity limit gauge is expected to increase to 75% during the film's release week.

- South Korea: cinemas accessible to all (except for the sick: your temperature is measured at the entrance). Scan of a QR Code at the entrance (reminder book: to warn you & follow up if you have been in the presence of people who got COVID). Mask ara mandatory, and a space seat between groups of people too.

- Dubai: cinemas open to all, no need for a mask, just a little social distancing.

- United States: The film is released on October 8 and theaters are open and entry rules vary between the different states that make up the country, see : https://www.multistate.us/issues/covid-19-policy-tracker

- Japan: cinemas accessible to all and no law obliges cinema operators to impose the mask on their customers. However, many municipalities are asking cinemas to require masks, reduce capacity by 50% and limit opening hours (no screenings after 9 p.m.). Although these are not strict obligations (there is no penalty), many theaters comply with these municipal requirements. Film release October 1.

- Norway: cinemas open to all, no mask compulsory, rule of an empty seat between each group of people.

- Poland: Cinemas are open to everyone and wearing a mask during screenings is compulsory. The sessions are limited to 75 people (excluding vaccinated spectators).

- Russia: The film will be released on October 7 in cinemas open to all and it is not compulsory to wear a mask during screenings. A few seats to be left empty for social distancing, however.

- Switzerland: as in France, cinemas only welcome spectators who have their COVID certificates (basically the same 3 conditions, with some shorter deadline, as valid from the 2nd injection). No obligation to wear masks. The film will be released there on September 30.

- Thailand: Almost all cinemas are closed except for a few large complexes in Bangkok. The curfew which begins at 9:00 p.m., the absence of transport after 8:00 p.m., a rule of one empty seat between each group of people and the high number of contagions make it not profitable for cinemas to open. Wearing a mask is mandatory and the film will be released on October 7.

Need more, if you live in a country that is not listed, please feel free to add your country restrictions. (Would love to have Italy, Spain, China, Canada, Brasil, Australia, New Zeland, Mexico, Netherlands, Danemark)
    The survey form : https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/1212881/#Comment_1212881

So far, seem a good period to release the movie, lot of fans will have the possibility to see it.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Italy

Access to the cinemas is reserved only to people who can present the so called Green Pass, a paper or digital document downloadable if a citizen has fulfilled at least one of the following three conditions:
    - Have been received at least one dose of EU approved vaccines. The Green Pass will be available 14 days after the first jab;
    - Have been tested negative for COVID via a molecular test less than 72 hours before or a rapid test less than 48 hours before;
    - Proof of having been infected (less than 6 months ago) and have since recovered.

Theaters in Italy works with a 50% capacity (even tho there's a chance that by September 30th a full capacity could be restored) and wearing a mask troghout the screening is mandatory. Inside a movie theater people are allowed to eat and drink, so you can take down the mask to do that.

EDIT: Most of italians over 12 already have the Green Pass, like the 80% of the population.
    Thank you for Italy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    From tomorrow, all restrictions are lifted here.