No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Stark wrote: »
    The only Zimmer track we know comes from this clip no ? Really not a fan...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gN5XlIePT4Q

And, The Gunbarrel music is on Youtube and Spotify.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    We had an official glimpse of another track on FB as well.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think we might not get a track from Zimmer's score, since we're this close to release.

Doubt they'd release another full track, but I could see getting those little 30 second previews from all the tracks. And (likely) we'll hear more new snippets throughout the podcast episodes, particularly in the one that's expected to be about Hans and the music!

Yeah. I guess you're right.
    mtm wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think we might not get a track from Zimmer's score, since we're this close to release.

Doubt they'd release another full track, but I could see getting those little 30 second previews from all the tracks. And (likely) we'll hear more new snippets throughout the podcast episodes, particularly in the one that's expected to be about Hans and the music!

Plus the David Arnold radio show has restarted, and that was supposed to end in a programme about the music of NTTD the first time it was on. I can't remember how many episodes there were last time though, and on Sunday he said he'd be on 'for the next five weeks'.

This sounds cool.
    matt_u wrote: »

Sorry, what track? @matt_u you mean the snippet of Zimmer's Bond theme?

Came out last week, the one with the riff at the end by Marr. It was mentioned in here that was a glimpse of the track Back to MI6…

Came out last week, the one with the riff at the end by Marr. It was mentioned in here that was a glimpse of the track Back to MI6…

Oh, thanks. Yeah, I heard it. Really loved Marr's guitar.

Oh, thanks. Yeah, I heard it. Really loved Marr's guitar.

Yep me too.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Question; we know he drives the 87 TLD Vantage. Where has this car been? It wasn't in or even hinted at in the others. The DB5 he kept in that garage; where is this one hiding?

It’s in the garage, you can see him taking the cover off the car in the first trailer.

I understand it's in the garage. Where has it been all this time? IE---where did it come from? Is this in Jamaica? London? etc.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’d like to believe he possibly acquired it in the 5 years set after the events that go down in Matera.

Perhaps a midlife crisis car after believing Madeline betrayed him.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’d like to believe he possibly acquired it in the 5 years set after the events that go down in Matera.

Perhaps a midlife crisis car after believing Madeline betrayed him.

Normal divorced guy behavior
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Rami Malek in Venice (together with Cary or girlfriend Lucy at the film festival Sept 1-11)

Semi-new set photo with Craig (prev. copy cropped)

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Question; we know he drives the 87 TLD Vantage. Where has this car been? It wasn't in or even hinted at in the others. The DB5 he kept in that garage; where is this one hiding?

It’s in the garage, you can see him taking the cover off the car in the first trailer.

I understand it's in the garage. Where has it been all this time? IE---where did it come from? Is this in Jamaica? London? etc.

I guess the real question is where does Bond get all his cash? :D That car is worth towards £200,000! And the DB5... (Not to mention at least two private garages in central-ish London- presumably there are a couple more railway bridges with Lotus Esprits parked under them :) )
    Was Andrew Bond very successful, or did James maybe get a big insurance payout from Skyfall blowing up? (He shouldn't- he blew it up! :D )
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I've just checked the Odeon website and its been updated to say tickets are on sale from 13th September.
  • MI:7 and TOP GUN have been moved - PARAMOUNT has blinked [ from the Hollywood Reporter]:
    The moves come as concerns over the delta variant continue to hamper theater attendance and make releasing tentpoles into cinemas a risky proposition for studios. Paramount, like other studios, regularly consults with epidemiologists on decisions such as this, and the studio is hopeful the box office will recover in 2022 when these films are now set to open.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base

Didnt we already see this on the first round of marketing?
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 847
    Didnt we already see this on the first round of marketing?

Yes, lame re-use of something they realease year ago, and delete after, for re-release again (with daring to do teasing, while everybody saw it in 2020) :

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's a really enjoyable ad though, can't blame them.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Contraband wrote: »

When the times comes (October 8) we must find a way to get a PDF copy, pictures or at least a transcription of the NTTD paragraphs in the new Taschen book. I already have the 2012 one, so I won't buy another copy.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 847
    Yes, 150 euros for just an update (of maybe 10 mage max) ? No way...

When the times comes (October 8) we must find a way to get a PDF copy, pictures or at least a transcription of the NTTD paragraphs in the new Taschen book. I already have the 2012 one, so I won't buy another copy.

I'll *probably* be buying it, as I don't have a prior edition, so if no one else scans/photographs them — I can.
    BMB007 wrote: »

I'll *probably* be buying it, as I don't have a prior edition, so if no one else scans/photographs them — I can.

Thank you very much! :)
    As for Bond having ANOTHER privately-owned Aston -- it seems that at the point in time in the story when Bond retrieves the car from a garage that (a) the car and he are in London -- after all, he drives it to return to MI6, parking it on the street and walking away in the silver/grey suit and that (b) it is at a point in time several years after the earlier model was quite abused in Italy. From what we've seen in previews it seems to older Aston survives, but...maybe not, maybe Bond did not have time to deal with it, given how deadly and dangerous things got there for Dr. Swann and him, maybe he gave it to Q to fix 'er up, no rush...As for Bond purchasing another Aston on his own dime, it goes along with funds for his retired life in Jamaica. Please recall in CR the brief discussion of "dipping" and how it's OK and expected but don't overdo it. Agents such as Bond are expected to make provisions themselves if they want a nice retirement if they even get the chance and don't expire on the job, and double-Os, in particular, have a short life expectancy (also from CR).
    that may sound awfully vague but these are action thrillers, and won't get bogged down in details like that.
    Since62 wrote: »
    As for Bond having ANOTHER privately-owned Aston -- it seems that at the point in time in the story when Bond retrieves the car from a garage that (a) the car and he are in London -- after all, he drives it to return to MI6, parking it on the street and walking away in the silver/grey suit and that (b) it is at a point in time several years after the earlier model was quite abused in Italy. From what we've seen in previews it seems to older Aston survives, but...maybe not, maybe Bond did not have time to deal with it, given how deadly and dangerous things got there for Dr. Swann and him, maybe he gave it to Q to fix 'er up, no rush...As for Bond purchasing another Aston on his own dime, it goes along with funds for his retired life in Jamaica. Please recall in CR the brief discussion of "dipping" and how it's OK and expected but don't overdo it. Agents such as Bond are expected to make provisions themselves if they want a nice retirement if they even get the chance and don't expire on the job, and double-Os, in particular, have a short life expectancy (also from CR).

Lucky him that won his DB5 from Dimitrios. I never quite understood Q's bit about "bringing back the AM in one piece" since the DB5 was Bond's property, not MI6's. Perhaps Bond asked him to repair it after SF as a favor and Q joked about the fact that he ends up destroying everything...
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Lucky him that won his DB5 from Dimitrios. I never quite understood Q's bit about "bringing back the AM in one piece" since the DB5 was Bond's property, not MI6's. Perhaps Bond asked him to repair it after SF as a favor and Q joked about the fact that he ends up destroying everything...

I think you’re right in the end there, just a joke from Q. Also IMO it’s not the same DB5 he won from Dimitrios; that one was abandoned in Nassau when he flew to Miami.

I think you’re right in the end there, just a joke from Q. Also IMO it’s not the same DB5 he won from Dimitrios; that one was abandoned in Nassau when he flew to Miami.

I like to think that it's the same car and Bond between QoS and SF requested an upgrade (right-hand drive, gadgets) to the Q Section. Perhaps that's why Q felt the need to joke about it... :D