Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Bond thought to himself he might not get out of this one alive-- a ritualistically-painted Blofeld, standing on the other side of the bridge, held the upper hand this time. Then, noticing the annoying woman and kid next to him, not to mention the attires on his pursuers and his own hat and whip, Bond realized he wasn't Bond at all, and his caption contest writer had completely screwed up this entry. He kept on writing in the vain hope that he might get out of this mess, but there was no end to the embarrassment.

Don't feel bad. It's easy to mistake it for Octopussy if you just look quickly.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Hey look guys, is that Tom Selleck on the bridge ?
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 1,469
    Looks like several spammers are signing up.
    Here's hoping all The Dads at MI6 have a happy Father's Day <:-P
    I myself started the day with a great Bond themed card from my Daughter.
    The Independent: German TV reporter fired after caught smearing herself with mud to fake that she helped clear up flooded town.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-flood-tv-reporter-fired-b1889202.html
    An example of why more and more people are losing faith with mainstream news networks.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    The Independent: German TV reporter fired after caught smearing herself with mud to fake that she helped clear up flooded town.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-flood-tv-reporter-fired-b1889202.html
    An example of why more and more people are losing faith with mainstream news networks.
    You've got a point there (and I haven't watched German TV for at least 15 years, and certainly not the commercial channel RTL). At the same time, I doubt that RTL is to be considered a mainstream news network. Most people don't take anyone except the public stations serious, and the private stations seem to contribute to that effect by actions like these.

Another couple of examples :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This is normal. The so called public channels aren t any different. They are just a little better at it.
    The latest poll from America shows the Public's trust in the news channels now stands at 16% :))
    317164140-Hitler-16-tumblr_lvu1azRnSb1r6rm07o1_500.jpg
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 1,637
    August 1941 : it was illegal to own radio in Norway.....my grandmother told me german soldiers barged in her house looking everywhere for such a device , kinda scary
    edited August 2021 Posts: 17,727
    Tracy wrote: »
    August 1941 : it was illegal to own radio in Norway.....my grandmother told me german soldiers barged in her house looking everywhere for such a device , kinda scary

The Germans didn't want anyone listening to the BBC. They might find out the truth that way, which the state run propaganda machine obviously didn't provide. Of course many people in the occupied territories listened to it anyway but they did so at considerable risk to their lives and welfare.
    I was going through the MI6 Community Film Club For Cinephiles thread. Good times.
    I was going through the MI6 Community Film Club For Cinephiles thread. Good times.

It was a fun thread, and a cool idea, but people couldn t keep pace. Watching one film every two weeks turned out to be beyond people s capabilities.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 17,727

It was a fun thread, and a cool idea, but people couldn t keep pace. Watching one film every two weeks turned out to be beyond people s capabilities.

Plus the thread's creator, Brady, has been gone for over 3 years by this stage.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, it was a fun idea hampered by people not being able to keep up the pace. It's what led to the downfall of the interview thread I and others were running over the years - people signed up but were seemingly unavailable when it came their time, so it collapsed.

When it comes to the former thread, I'm sure we could always give it a shot again and have one of us mods take over the thread to run it. Probably would've been a great idea early last year during the pandemic, when everyone had a lot more free time.

And as for Brady, I wonder if NTTD's release will be the kick in the rear he needs to return. I spoke with him a couple of months back, he still seemed pretty content with not returning.
    Bob Dylan me too accused now ?
    CAPTION CONTEST
    image.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Charlie Sheen's failed screentest for Alien Resurrection, 1997.
    Sheen is such a wooden actor.
    Mixed reception new He-Man toon , Teela is mostly the hero , still 5 eps left though
    Q-james-bond-25-ben-whishaw-903133.jpg
    Q: I can do more damage on my laptop than you can do in a year sitting in my pyjamas and waiting for my Earl Grey.
    Screenshot-2021-01-07-at-12.23.07-1.png
    CAPTION CONTEST
    star-wars-facepalm.jpeg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Daniel Craig contemplates life while relaxing between takes at work.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 17,727
    CAPTION CONTEST
    star-wars-facepalm.jpeg

Stormtripper
    The Emperor s flatulence was starting to get on his nerves. Literally.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    He still had a headache from hitting his head on the door.
    "Go, goes, and then WENT? What the hell? What is up with that?"