No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Not really related tother film but I hope Daniel does an interview with Ali Plumb on BBC Radio 1. Ali does great interviews and gets the best out of everyone, it would be great for Daniel to look back at his time as Bond with him
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    The one-minute trailer has been removed from the BBFC site
    https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/no-time-to-die-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc00otmzmty

Aaaaand it's back
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,483
    The one-minute trailer has been removed from the BBFC site
    https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/no-time-to-die-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc00otmzmty

Aaaaand it's back

Not gonna lie, that's put my mind at ease slightly haha.
    It feels like we're a couple of weeks away from the marketing kicking up again. I believe the track lengths on the soundtrack were released

Potential spoilers
    Track Listing

Gun Barrel 0:56
    Matera 1:59
    Message From An Old Friend 6:35
    Square Escape 2:07
    Someone Was Here 2:57
    Not What I Expected 1:24
    What Have You Done? 2:15
    Shouldn’t We Get To Know Each Other First 1:22
    Cuba Chase 5:41
    Back to MI6 1:30
    Good To Have You Back 1:17
    Lovely To See You Again 1:26
    Home 3:45Norway Chase 5:07
    Gearing Up 2:53
    Poison Garden 3:58
    The Factory 6:43
    I'll Be Right Back 5:00
    Opening The Doors 2:45
    Final Ascent 7:25
    No Time To Die 4:02
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    You know, I’m really starting to believe that the backbone of the March 2020 “Adam & Eve” leak could be indeed legit.

The idea just makes sense if you put into the equation a couple of other things:
    1. Safin’s name is Lyutsifer (Lucifer in Russian, aka Satan);
    2. The “poison garden” idea we know will feature in NTTD (thanks to the track listing) clearly comes from Fleming and in the YOLT novel the Garden of Death was pictured as a veritable anti-Garden of Eden, where Adam & Eve condemned humanity to sin, a dystopia of mammoth proportions, a Hell on Earth;
    3. Cary spoke about neomedievalism as a source of inspiration for Safin’s plan. That’s about dreaming of a world where individual notions of rights and a growing sense of a "world common good" undermine national sovereignty.

So what if Safin/Satan goal is to wipe out a divided humanity - where States individualistic politics are dooming the future of humanity on this overpopulated, polluted, super heated planet - with his bio-engineered weapon (designed by Waldo) and then repopulate Earth with a brand new generation of humans “free of their biblical sins” designed by him?

Makes sense. In a way that’s a more intellectual remake of MR…
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    matt_u wrote: »
    You know, I’m really starting to believe that the backbone of the March 2020 “Adam & Eve” leak could be indeed legit.

The idea just makes sense if you put into the equation a couple of other things:
    2. The “poison garden” idea we know will feature in NTTD (thanks to the track listing) clearly comes from Fleming and in the YOLT novel the Garden of Death was pictured as a veritable anti-Garden of Eden, where Adam & Eve condemned humanity to sin, a dystopia of mammoth proportions, a Hell on Earth;
    3. Cary spoke about neomedievalism as a source of inspiration for Safin’s plan. That’s about dreaming of a world where individual notions of rights and a growing sense of a "world common good" undermine national sovereignty.

So what if Safin/Satan goal is to wipe out a divided humanity - where States individualistic politics are dooming the future of humanity on this overpopulated, polluted, super heated planet - with his bio-engineered weapon (designed by Waldo) and then repopulate Earth with a brand new generation of humans “free of their biblical sins” designed by him?

What was the 'Adam and Eve' leak?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited August 2021 Posts: 45,489

What was the 'Adam and Eve' leak?

I think Adam in LALD, turned out to be Moneypenny s father.
    Go to page 739 on this thread.

It’s definitely not 100% accurate, perhaps that was the story before the PWB/Burns rewrites… but the main backbone I believe it’s legit. As I pointed out before it just makes sense.

Only the
    Mathilde stuff seems wrong. Perhaps they dropped the idea of a baby clone of Swann changing it to Bond and Swann daughter
    making it more grounded and less sci-fi…
    edited August 2021 Posts: 469

It’s definitely not 100% accurate, perhaps that was the story before the PWB/Burns rewrites… but the main backbone I believe it’s legit. As I pointed out before it just makes sense.

Only the
    Mathilde stuff seems wrong. Perhaps they dropped the idea of a baby clone of Swann changing it to Bond and Swann daughter
    Damn, I really did almost have it right on Madeleine being a clone of Swann, then! Provided all that's true, that is...

Still, a few things make me question that 'leak'. For example, we see that during the SPECTRE ball, the poison algae is released into the ballroom. However, even as the SPECTRE agents fall and are clearly affected by it, we see that Bond is seemingly immune to it. In this, I do not believe that this weapon is meant to wipe out everyone, just a select many with the certain genes that Safin deems unfit for survival.
    As I said I believe this could be the plot before the Burns/PWB rewrites.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Thanks for posting something on topic.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Great. Thanks. Been waiting for part 2

It is an interesting insight into challenges you normally don t think about while watching the film.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    It is an interesting insight into challenges you normally don t think about while watching the film.

I thought so too. I really liked all the thought that went into capturing background and atmospheric sound. Seems Cary and the whole team have put a lot of thought into making the film seem real.

Only the

Thematically, it would make perfect sense based on what CR through Spectre are doing — this myth of a death-god (Bond) exploring and journeying to try and find the power of life. Madeleine Swann (Swan Maiden?) being a goddess of life on multiple levels, she's a doctor (opposite of Bond being an assassin) as well as having that inherent "life" power (in mythology) that women have compared to men.
    Her having a child and that being a driving force of the plot fits well.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    This bit of the article is intriguing…
    One of the rarer sound workflows we used on No Time to Die was the VFX paint out. It was a big scene with Rami Malek shot in a huge, beautifully designed set with very hard lights, precluding the use of booms. It was a performance-driven scene with pages of narrative as Rami encountered different characters.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    One of the rarer sound workflows we used on No Time to Die was the VFX paint out. It was a big scene with Rami Malek shot in a huge, beautifully designed set with very hard lights, precluding the use of booms. It was a performance-driven scene with pages of narrative as Rami encountered different characters.

And this one
    "Jamaica, our next location, presented new challenges. We had a lot of vehicle dialog to record, including one scene with Bond on the back of a scooter."

That would mean Nomi is driving the scooter with Bond sitting behind her. I haven't seen any stills yet with Craig on a scooter so it must be Lashana's

Contraband wrote: »

And this one
    "Jamaica, our next location, presented new challenges. We had a lot of vehicle dialog to record, including one scene with Bond on the back of a scooter."

That would mean Nomi is driving the scooter with Bond sitting behind her. I haven't seen any stills yet with Craig on a scooter so it must be Lashana's

Somehow this brings back memories of Tomorrow Never Dies
    edited August 2021 Posts: 469

On an unrelated note I believe we may be getting developments in the OST soon, audio ID has been removed from my upload here, previously ID'd as 'Back to MI6'. Many other copies of this audio uploaded on other videos titled explicitly as 'Back to MI6' have also been removed (deemed as 'Video Unavailable') all of a sudden.

They're catching onto the fact we are exploiting the system, which means there maybe some movement behind the scenes regarding the OST release!

When the podcast comes out and other mystery pieces are heard, remember not to name them as the title itself, but rather something else along the lines of what I did as to ensure it doesn't get taken down!
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 313

And this one

Regarding this one scene, I think it may be
    Bond exits the night club and walks down the street with Felix (cfr. trailer 2 0:48). Then he goes to the Land Rover but he discovers he's out of petrol, maybe (there's a picture in 'The definite history of Bond cars' of him staring at the jeep. So he starts walking back home and Nomi arrives with her scooter
    Screenshot-138.png
    Then they arrive at Bond's house. It seems there's an extra leg behind her driving.Screenshot-141.png

And this one

Regarding this one scene, I think it may be
    Bond exits the night club and walks down the street with Felix (cfr. trailer 2 0:48). Then he goes to the Land Rover but he discovers he's out of petrol, maybe (there's a picture in 'The definite history of Bond cars' of him staring at the jeep. So he starts walking back home and Nomi arrives with her scooter
    Screenshot-138.png
    Then they arrive at Bond's house. It seems there's an extra leg behind her driving.Screenshot-141.png

Haha.. I was thinking of that scenario too. Even have the stills.
    Looking over the soundtrack listing, now with the duration of each musical number shown, I wonder: Will the NTTD theme song not show up until the end of the film ? I realize that the order of song titles need not be the order in which the musical performances appear in the film, but, with other things known, it seems it could make more sense than having it in the beginning. In fact, perhaps not even have a title sequence until the end of the film...
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Since62 wrote: »
    Looking over the soundtrack listing, now with the duration of each musical number shown, I wonder: Will the NTTD theme song not show up until the end of the film ? I realize that the order of song titles need not be the order in which the musical performances appear in the film, but, with other things known, it seems it could make more sense than having it in the beginning. In fact, perhaps not even have a title sequence until the end of the film...

Its 71 minutes of a 165 min film. I bet there is a lot missing.

And it will be at the beginning with the credits.

WSJ Fukunaga profile last fall confirmed a conventional PTS leading into the title sequence, and I believe Eilish mentioned seeing the film up until the titles.

Billie’s song is about the fallout of Bond’s relationship with Swann and it will follow the Matera sequence. It’s just obvious. The song will kick in right after the scene at the train station, when they take different paths ending their relationship.
    Definitely agree there's likely to be quite a bit of score left off the album, though. One hopes there'll be an expanded/complete release at some point -- and that any particularly iconic "Bond moments" or action pieces aren't absent in the initial one.

The joys of being a Bond music fan! ;)
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 440
    For movies that have more than an hour's worth of music, some of does often tend to get left off the album.

And sometimes, especially in Zimmer's case, a lot of the music tends to be edited very differently to the versions in the finished film.

That's why so people are usually so keen to leak the recording sessions of his music, because it's often the only time to actually hear it as it sounds in the finished film.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

It's possible that Zimmer has his own instrumental version of the song, and that it may be used for the final scene, leading to the end credits.
    TripAces wrote: »

It's possible that Zimmer has his own instrumental version of the song, and that it may be used for the final scene, leading to the end credits.

Confirmed that the song as released will be on the soundtrack, not an instrumental if I recall correctly.
    Whatever that means, the new 1 minute trailer is back again on the BBFC site.