No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,861
    This isn’t the place for conspiracy theories: it is a pandemic. And everyone’s sick of it.
    Missing out on watching a film for a few months is hardly a big sacrifice.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mtm wrote: »
    This isn’t the place for conspiracy theories: it is a pandemic. And everyone’s sick of it.

This is what should constantly be echoed and remembered throughout all of this.

Lives have been lost, families destroyed, businesses permanently shuttered; if the worst you're experiencing is an anticipated film being delayed, you'll be fine. I've seen rhetoric akin to "I will not survive NTTD being delayed again" on here and it makes me cringe.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

FYI, my dear boy, I'm vaccinated. I do not, and will not, deny that covid exists. Besides, if you for one time would actually read my posts you'd be seeing things more clearly.

It's not about the movie, it's been delayed so many times, it's about the fact that this virus has a very low mortality rate. That's all I'm going to say.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited August 2021 Posts: 3,497
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Lives have been lost, families destroyed, businesses permanently shuttered; if the worst you're experiencing is an anticipated film being delayed, you'll be fine. I've seen rhetoric akin to "I will not survive NTTD being delayed again" on here and it makes me cringe.

Bars & restaurants were closed here while they were responsible for almost no contaminations. And yes, I have friends who got covid. Three. One was very ill and even she literally said that nothing should be closed because of her having something that gave her the same symptoms as the flu, which she gets every year.

About a possible delay: as long as they release it in theaters, it's ok.

Btw, I'm going to stop whining now, this isn't even the right thread.

:-c
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    JamesCraig wrote: »

FYI, my dear boy, I'm vaccinated. I do not, and will not, deny that covid exists. Besides, if you for one time would actually read my posts you'd be seeing things more clearly.

‘Dear boy’? Drop the attitude please. I read your post and you said ‘so-called pandemic’, if you’re claiming it doesn’t say that then here’s a handy reminder:
    ertert wrote: »
    BMB007 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    UK Concierge service SINCURA is listing the NTTD world premiere as 28 Sept at the Royal Albert Hall, with after party at the Natural History Museum.

Surely it won't get delayed now!

(🤡)

They probably paid quite a lot to reserve that venue. Would really hurt if it delays again.

Don;t think they'd snag that spot if they weren't very confident.

I'm just waiting for the open letter from MI6 again begging them to delay the film ...

Nothing should've been delayed, forbidden or closed for a virus that 99.5% of the infected survive. I'm really, really sick of this so called pandemic. Covid is not the pest ffs.

I’m not interested in weird attempts to start arguments. As I said, this isn’t the place for conspiracy theories, nor pointless arguments. ‘Dear boy’.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Bars & restaurants were closed here while they were responsible for almost no contaminations. And yes, I have friends who got covid. Three. One was very ill and even she literally said that nothing should be closed because of her having something that gave her the same symptoms as the flu, which she gets every year.

About a possible delay: as long as they release it in theaters, it's ok.

Btw, I'm going to stop whining now, this isn't even the right thread.

:-c

My reply wasn't in regards to you, more so the fact that I've seen sentiment from others here equating a delayed, anticipated film with something they cannot survive...in a pandemic, of all things. It's quite extreme and bizarre.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I'll chime in with my obligatory: YIKES.

On another more cheery note: 49 more days.
  • We hope.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

It's not about the movie, it's been delayed so many times, it's about the fact that this virus has a very low mortality rate. That's all I'm going to say.

We don't know the mortality rate of the Delta variant. But it appears to be worse. Nevertheless, many people (too many) require extensive medical care in order to survive. And that medical care is neither cheap nor plentiful. So...
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    edited August 2021 Posts: 564
    Deleted Post
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 150
    It ain't over till it's over. "Venom" delayed again, for a couple of weeks this time. Is Bond next? 😥 https://variety.com/2021/film/news/venom-let-there-be-carnage-release-date-change-1235037720/
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,252
    I think the situation is stable, or well managed, enough to have a confident release. Obviously the BO numbers will be well down so the best they could hope for is to break even and make a profit later on streaming/dvds/tv rights, because there's no guarantee of improved BO numbers if there was a delay.

Plus, I thought on one of the James bond and Friends podcasts they said the film was fully paid for but recently saw somewhere there is interest on a loan they have to pay for every week
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    It's not much of a comparison but F9 is the closest estimate we have, given a lot of other releases had simultaneous streaming releases. So with 650 mil they might break even
    James00789 wrote: »
    nikos78 wrote: »
    It ain't over till it's over. "Venom" delayed again, for a couple of weeks this time. Is Bond next? 😥 https://variety.com/2021/film/news/venom-let-there-be-carnage-release-date-change-1235037720/

Yes, but that's the US only I believe. I think we will start seeing films delayed in other countries but continue in others. Bond is only a few weeks after this and I think it would have happened by now when its as big as Bond. I'm not worried over this. It's a good sign though that it's not all the way to 2022. If the worst come, I still suspect bond coming this year, but from the evidence ive received this week from sources, 007 is on track for 30th.
    Fingers crossed!
    One thing is it will do better than FAST9 and that made 500M I believe so I wouldnt be supprised if we get about 7-8 M for bond on opening week. What do you think ?

F&F9 made $663 mio until now, but will end up north of $700 mio, I assume.

($204 million came from China. So without China F&F9 will only make about $500 million in the end)

NTTD will not make $204 million in China as Bond is not as popular there.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    One thing is it will do better than FAST9 and that made 500M I believe so I wouldnt be supprised if we get about 7-8 M for bond on opening week. What do you think ?

($204 million came from China. So without China F&F9 will only make about $500 million in the end)

NTTD will be lucky to cross the $450 million mark, imo…
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 6,665
    If Bond underperforms at the BO (and I'm sure it will, for many reasons), I'm sure the next one will be more character driven, Bond centric - as it will be the actor's first film -, and well tightened all around. No kitchen sink stuff. So, personally, I'm not too worried. It's been a while since I've posted here, but I thought I'd give it a quick go. Back to the salt mines now. Carry on.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    matt_u wrote: »

I don't see how. I don't agree as if F9 made at least 500m bond will earn more for certain, that more fans than fast fans. There's no way bond will earn less than F9.

Just for the record F&F 7-8 made both more than Skyfall, the highest grossing 007 film.

F9 without China made $459 million so far and back then worldwide the pandemic was more under control, with no Delta variant lockdowns and less restrictions. Ah and right now even local films are delayed in China, so there’s a pretty good chance NTTD won’t even have a Chinese release.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 669

This is such a great post, and I agree with every word. Every time I get bummed about the long wait for NTTD, I remind myself that, in the bigger picture - which involves people I know who have died - a delayed Bond movie is the very definition of a "first world problem."
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sorry to hear that, PD.
    Fast and Furious Whatever Number They're Up To was released before the Delta Variant got rolling as much as more recently. That may have helped more people feel comfortable going to a theater.

I don't see how. I don't agree as if F9 made at least 500m bond will earn more for certain, that more fans than fast fans. There's no way bond will earn less than F9.

Just for the record F&F 7-8 made both more than Skyfall, the highest grossing 007 film.

F9 without China made $459 million so far and back then worldwide the pandemic was more under control, with no Delta variant lockdowns and less restrictions. Ah and right now even local films are delayed in China, so there’s a pretty good chance NTTD won’t even have a Chinese release.

They could still release in china at a later date but still release in uk and other countries. I know the original plan was worldwide, but thats not realistic now and they are going for the release still so I assume it will do beter than f9 in the end if they release at different times. Either way, im certain NTTD will do the best of all the films during the pandemic. I want it to achieve wha it deserves but at the same time, I'm caring more about seeing the film now as its gone on far too long. I'm sure it will do fine. I predict it doing far better than all of the predictions have been mentioned on this forum.

Eon has stated they will only release it if it can debut in theaters everywhere at the same time. If it comes out everywhere but China and Australia, there will be pirated copies all over the internet.

If large swaths of China and Australia remain closed which seems likely, they will delay it again.
  • Weren't you banned @James00789 ?
    Weren't you banned @James00789 ?

Claims to have "sources" and inside info saying NTTD will release on time.
    Vaccine mandates and passports are gathering some steam here in the U.S. I would not be surprised if movie theaters nationwide begin requiring proof of vaccination (by the end of August) and that will put all of this to bed very quickly.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/movie-theaters-wont-oppose-vaccine-passports-1234994686/
    Eon has stated they will only release it if it can debut in theaters everywhere at the same time. If it comes out everywhere but China and Australia, there will be pirated copies all over the internet.

It's not in their hands.
    In China the party decides when and if it gets released.

Spectre was released in China on Nov. 13 2015, 18 days later than in the UK.

Skyfall was released in China on Jan 21, 2013, 3 months later than in the UK.

So when they said "everywhere at the same time", they did not mean China, because even EON (or MGM or Universal) does not have the power to decide on a date over there.
    What's all this I hear about Chinese matchmakers ?!!? They say: "We will decide your date !" Oh...you mean, date of release...never mind...(with a nod to Emily Litella)

It's not in their hands.
    In China the party decides when and if it gets released.

Spectre was released in China on Nov. 13 2015, 18 days later than in the UK.

Skyfall was released in China on Jan 21, 2013, 3 months later than in the UK.

So when they said "everywhere at the same time", they did not mean China, because even EON (or MGM or Universal) does not have the power to decide on a date over there.

Cool thank you for clarifying.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Vaccine mandates and passports are gathering some steam here in the U.S. I would not be surprised if movie theaters nationwide begin requiring proof of vaccination (by the end of August) and that will put all of this to bed very quickly.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/movie-theaters-wont-oppose-vaccine-passports-1234994686/

We love to see it!
    BMB007 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

We love to see it!

I'm surprised Cinemas don't already do it. It would provide more confidence in movie gowers to the cinemas. I feel you should at least have to show your nhs card to prove your vaccinated.

I think there was always concern about public backlash and lawsuits. But yesterday, the very conservative-leaning SCOTUS declined to take up a suit against Indiana University's vaccine mandate. That's a green light.