The Petrolhead Lounge

Comments

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Not a bad looking concept, except the headlights are in a weird position
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,861
    On release the Countach looked like nothing on earth, compared to the ordinary cars.

Yeah they should have gone crazy with it, instead it's just an Aventador with a few Countach details stuck on. The back is nice but it doesn't blow you away.
    w2bond wrote: »
    Not a bad looking concept, except the headlights are in a weird position

Someone did do a photoshop where they were lower, and it removed any slight Countachness it had to start with.
    Oh, I didn't realise this car is actually happening
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,252
    I'm not a huge fan of modern cars, due to design and emission limitations, but this has me interested:
    Audi_RS3_duo_house.jpg
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    mtm wrote: »
    Hmm. Dunno, I think maybe the Countach is a shape that can’t be modernised.

E8nSU4vXEAIf80P?format=jpg&name=900x900

It’s not really doing anything for me, and looks more like a Diablo from the side.

It's designed by a german, Mitja Borkert so no surprise to see such a bland €2m car.
    Maybe an italian designer would have done a lot better.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,310
    mtm wrote: »
    Hmm. Dunno, I think maybe the Countach is a shape that can’t be modernised.

E8nSU4vXEAIf80P?format=jpg&name=900x900

It’s not really doing anything for me, and looks more like a Diablo from the side.

It's designed by a german, Mitja Borkert so no surprise to see such a bland €2m car.
    Maybe an italian designer would have done a lot better.

I am not even sure that those pictures are current ones. It rather seems that they were a first study for the Lamborghini Sián, which was built starting in 2019 and looks like a much better hommage to the Countach than the pictures above. Check it out:
    2880px-Lamborghini_Sian_at_IAA_2019_IMG_0332.jpg

2880px-Lamborghini_Sian_at_IAA_2019_IMG_0777.jpg

In 2019 Borkert explained the design (in German):
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The Sun: Simon Cowell prepares to launch new car show to rival Top Gear....
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/15873318/simon-cowell-rival-top-gear-show/
    autoevolution: Collection of Six Rare Lotus Esprits Up for Auction.
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/collection-of-six-rare-lotus-esprits-up-for-auction-167418.html
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    autoevolution: Collection of Six Rare Lotus Esprits Up for Auction.
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/collection-of-six-rare-lotus-esprits-up-for-auction-167418.html

Some lovely things there!

Here are the listings:
    https://themarket.co.uk/en/auctions/coming-soon
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,341
    Nissan Z .... should have named it the 400Z imo

Needs some small details like gills, z badges etc
    Nice but a bit plain,lazy styling, much like the new countach. I prefer the older Z cars like this 350z.
    2004_Nissan_350Z_3.5_Front.jpg
    What do you think my Fellow Car Stylists aficionados ?
    First impressions of Nissan Z
    Good:
    Fantastic roof line (Katana blade) and Z-badge
    Sharply sculpted shark-nose
    Rear "hips"
    Blue colour
    Headlights
    Not so sure:
    Uninspired boxy grill shape
    Tail lights very 90ies, better suited for an American car
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think that’s very handsome, I like the way they’ve taken inspiration from the older Z car: the 240. I like that it doesn’t look overly aggressive like every other sportscar these days.
    I’d always like a touch more class from them: I look at the BMW Zs and just feel they have a touch more quality: that interior looks a bit ugly to me. And why are the boots always so shallow in these?
    Great memories.....No speed camera's back then, Just simple fun...... :))
    E81uveSXsAMXKsH?format=jpg&name=small
    Right Amigo 👍
    E9AlDqPWYAkCWdY?format=jpg&name=medium
    The Magnificent 007 =D>
    Top Gear: Koenigsegg confirms the Gemera will be built in 2023.
    https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/koenigsegg-confirms-gemera-will-be-built-2023
    Mazda Vision Coupé Concept
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Now here's the real dreamcar for everyone: https://www.spiegel.de/auto/cabrio-selbstgemacht-polizei-stoppt-auto-mit-abgesaegtem-dach-a-8ee8666c-ab1c-4499-b764-90fbb341261c

Sorry it's in German. A French guy cut off his Citroen Xantia's roof, added an Audi logo up front and a BMW one at the end (not pictured) and took off with his new convertible.
    autoevolution: This Immaculate 1960 Aston Martin DB4 4.2 Will Almost Make You Bond, James Bond.
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/this-immaculate-1960-aston-martin-db4-42-will-almost-make-you-bond-james-bond-167775.html

The speed limit where i live is 40-50 kmh mostly.......... :((
    Speed and red light camera's are plentiful. 8-}

What's it like where you guys live ?
    2023 Ferrari Purosangue
    2023-Ferrari-Purosangue.jpg?fit=around%7C1000:625
    Amazing!
    @007InAction Plenty of speed cameras and traps here too, not that I ever speed
    but I do have the feeling they're there to make money rather that keep drivers
    safe.
    @007InAction Plenty of speed cameras and traps here too, not that I ever speed
    but I do have the feeling they're there to make money rather that keep drivers
    safe.

Here in Melbourne most roads used to be 60 kph for decades, now they are 50 kph or 40 kph, and at school zones between 7.30-9.00 am and 2.30 -4 pm they are 40 kph.

It's so tricky that you have to keep looking around for speed limit signs and your speedo when driving into other suburbs..... :-O
    Cadillac Lyriq first look: An electrified luxury deal
    CarScoops: Lotus Actualy Developed A Hybrid V8 For The 2010 Esprit Concept – But It Was Canned.
    https://www.carscoops.com/2021/08/lotus-actualy-developed-a-hybrid-v8-for-the-2010-esprit-concept-but-it-was-canned/
    So it was a redesign of the Countach after all...

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Drive.jpg
    Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts’ car collection revealed
    https://www.drive.com.au/news/rolling-stones-drummer-charlie-watts-car-collection-revealed/
    The Rolling Stones drummer couldn’t drive, but that didn’t stop him from owning a collection of rare cars.
    William Davis | 28 August 2021

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts had an impressive collection of exotic cars, and was known to sit and listen to their idling engines as a form of relaxation despite having never learned to drive.

Adding to the eccentric behaviour of the reclusive musician – who died this week aged 80 – Watts reportedly purchased matching suits to reflect the era of each model, and would wear the outfits while appreciating the sounds of the exotic machines.

“I just love the shape of old cars,” Watts told music magazine NME in 2018. “I can’t drive, so I just sit in them and listen [to the] brrrrrrr … I suppose you could call it a rich man’s indulgence.”
    He is believed to have owned at least five vehicles of significance: an early-era Bugatti, a Lamborghini Miura, a 1937 Lagonda Rapide, a bright-yellow Citroen 2CV (identical to the one featured in 1981 James Bond classic For Your Eyes Only), and an example of the ultra-complex Maserati-powered Citroen SM.
    Rolling Stones band members were all avid car-lovers – At the height of their fame lead guitarist Keith Richards was known to commute in a 1972 Ferrari Dino 246GT, while singer Mick Jagger cruised about London in his 1966 Aston Martin DB6.

Bassist Bill Wyman drove a 1966 Mercedes-Benz 250 S luxury limousine in the early 1970s, and bought it back from a subsequent owner two decades later for a complete restoration.
    diasluon6tivmmesv3vc

Lamborghini Miura
    nwrgbewdkh3smru8lhs3

1937 Lagonda Rapide
    watts2.jpg

Citroen 2CV
    Charlie-Watts-Citroen-2CV.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=1934&dpr=1.5

Maserati-powered Citroen SM
    sm-citroen-007.jpg?width=1200
    02af358a-20f4-4763-90cd-2f4099e48220-2060x1236.jpeg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=bddf42da4148e03878ef760ec0e76c2c
    INSANE $2M Bentley Bacalar driving in London!!

Anyone like it ?