Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    I'm with you @Jordo007 .... I think they know that whoever comes next has mighty big shoes to fill... They won't be rushing into casting... They'll put the contenders through an arduous audition process, I'm sure.
  • Yes, Broccoli reportedly said that she wanted the "dust to settle" on Craig's run (and NTTD) before casting a new Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I predict a new Bond will be announced 3 years from the release of NTTD.
  • talos7 wrote: »

sounds reasonable.
  • talos7 wrote: »
    It seems fair. I suppose the announcement of the hiring of a screenwriter and then a director will arrive between twelve and six months before, so in two years or so from the release of NTTD, maybe earlier for the writer.
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I don't know whether it's because Daniel is my favourite Bond and I'm biased towards his interpretation of the character but I can't see any of these "favourite's" being a good enough replacement.
    In Norton's case I've only seen McMafia but he was so wooden and forgettable
    I'm sure Eon will no doubt prove me wrong when Bond #7 is unveiled though

Personally, Norton is at the bottom of my list. I won't start a "James Norton is not Bond" website if he were cast, but I'd be very, very, very skeptical.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Well let’s hope Amazon lights a fire and they actually move sooner rather than later
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2021 Posts: 5,834
    I'm sure No Time to Die will keep us fans busy :)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think Barbara already knows who her choice for Bond 7 is, because she usually looks at the next Bond when the current Bond is still active. It's just a matter of arranging the usual Bondian screen test to see if other candidates would beat her preferred choice.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I think Barbara already knows who her choice for Bond 7 is, because she usually looks at the next Bond when the current Bond is still active. It's just a matter of arranging the usual Bondian screen test to see if other candidates would beat her preferred choice.

I* can confirm she does not
    I don't believe Barbara is at all interested in contemplating Craig's replacement at the moment. I think she just wants assurance from Amazon their support when the day comes she does cast for B26.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I don't believe Barbara is at all interested in contemplating Craig's replacement at the moment. I think she just wants assurance from Amazon their support when the day comes she does cast for B26.

Possibly, but it’s human nature to look ahead; I think she is aware of certain candidates and is passively evaluating.
    talos7 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Possibly, but it’s human nature to look ahead; I think she is aware of certain candidates and is passively evaluating.

That sounds most likely.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think it would be almost impossible that they don't keep one eye open for potential candidates, probably even when they have a full-time Bond they're not looking to get rid of.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I imagine Eon must have there eyes on one or two. Didn't Cubby mention about Pierce when he met him on the set of FYEO?

I suppose you can't cast the next actor, until you know the direction you're going in. I doubt they'd have cast Timothy in Daylights, if it was going to be a campy adventure for instance. The actor must suit the new era
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    I have seen his name crop up on here, but what do people think of Dan Stevens? A lot of 'Bond Twitter' seems to love him, and I saw a picture posted of him where he looked good.

Not seen him in anything, but he seems to have a twinkle in his eye and can/could look tough if they play it right.

But like I say, not seen him.
    I have seen his name crop up on here, but what do people think of Dan Stevens? A lot of 'Bond Twitter' seems to love him, and I saw a picture posted of him where he looked good.

Not seen him in anything, but he seems to have a twinkle in his eye and can/could look tough if they play it right.

Dan Stevens works for me. He has those sparkling, grey-blue Bondian eyes. He was electric in The Guest(2014). Only thing is, he's 38 now and might be in his early or mid-40s when they start work on Bond 26.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England

Dan Stevens works for me. He has those sparkling, grey-blue Bondian eyes. He was electric in The Guest(2014). Only thing is, he's 38 now and might be in his early or mid-40s when they start work on Bond 26.

Thank you. Yes, people rave about him in The Guest. Will watch.

Thank you. Yes, people rave about him in The Guest. Will watch.

Sure :)>-
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Dan Stevens is the only one I can get behind at the moment - most of the others people posted on this threadare either too old/young or just plain wrong! This guy has the right set of attributes.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Good shout @FatherValentine he would make a good Bond I reckon
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm not a huge Dan Stevens fan personally. I think he'd be a bit one-note with it.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Couldn't disagree more - he's been in some pretty varied (and often quite successful) roles. I love the charm/confidence/arrogance he exudes and think he'd be a refreshing change from the "non-stop brooding" Bond of the Craig era.
    And he's a better singer than Brosnan! He can resurrect Underneath the Mango Tree.
    Put me down for Dan Stevens as Bond, too. He looks quite suave. Lets get B26 rolling already.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Satorious wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more - he's been in some pretty varied (and often quite successful) roles. I love the charm/confidence/arrogance he exudes and think he'd be a refreshing change from the "non-stop brooding" Bond of the Craig era.

Agreed. He's great. Truly wonderful in The Guest, even if the film itself goes off a cliff in the last third.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    No to Stevens. Bond should have a jawline.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I keep meaning to watch The Guest. It’s one of those I just forget to catch.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    mtm wrote: »
    I keep meaning to watch The Guest. It’s one of those I just forget to catch.

I agree with Craig when he says that Stevens is great in it, but the third act has got problems. Worth catching, though.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,247
    I also agree that the film's momentum dropped in its third act. But Dan Stevens still maintained his menacing demeanour.