No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Someone wrote: »
    Given the box office for Fast 9, there’s no reason to push it back anymore. EON seems to have played their cards well. We shall see.

Yes, 423 million worldwide so far for F9, and that's before this long weekend hits. If this thing breaks one billion in just a few weeks, then that's a sign that people are ready to go back to theaters.

Why not bring NTTD forward to August, why wait for other films to arrive?
    It seems to me there is a window between Suicide Squad on 08/06 and Venom on 09/23 which would be big enough for Bond to do huge box office.
    https://www.imdb.com/calendar/

Dune comes out two weeks after Bond and Eternals four weeks after.
    They can’t move it any earlier.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I really hope neither Bond nor Nomi make any advances towards each other, it would be better on screen if neither one of them got "rejected".
    Plus I think Bond might flirt with and possibly sleep with Paloma, as well as Madeline in the Matera sequence

I think it would be kind of okay if Nomi seduced Bond on their first meeting when she's in disguise without him realising who she is.

I guess the question is, why don't we know her surname? Is it Messervy? Goldfinger? Bond? Skywalker? :D
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I'm mainly just amazed that people still use 'woke' as a sincere insult. It's utterly nonsensical.

Spot on mate
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited July 2021 Posts: 3,018
    OT: I just need to brag a little. Maybe it's not a big deal if it would happend to you guys but to me it is a really big thing and supercool.

Mr Tom Cross, NTTD co-editor liked several of my Insta-posts. (And I have screenshot to prove it). Now it's just a matter of making him a devoted follower as well :D

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's very cool; I've had a few connections with the NTTD crew recently and it's rather fun isn't it? :D
    mtm wrote: »
    That's very cool; I've had a few connections with the NTTD crew recently and it's rather fun isn't it? :D

It is damn fun.
    And it gets better. I have a new source who have all the call sheets saved. Haven't got anything yet. Fingers crossed.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Contraband wrote: »

It is damn fun.
    And it gets better. I have a new source who have all the call sheets saved. Haven't got anything yet. Fingers crossed.

😳 omg!

It is damn fun.

That would be a good catch @Contraband...
    matt_u wrote: »
    I know it's OT and I don't know if it's already been posted... but I don't know where to put it: here's the official logo for the 60th Anniversary...

C22004JamesBond30x30cmCalendarBACK_2000x.jpg?v=1625032096

Cool that they are using my all time favorite version of the logo.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think I’m safe in how much I know about No Time to Die to be interested and surprised. I think anymore might verge on too many spoilers :)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Has anyone else seen this little gem? Wait for it, wait for it...or just skip to the 3:20 mark.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oh my gosh yes that African crowned crane is amazing.

Is it a AM V8 Vantage or a V8 Saloon in NTTD?

Until now I have never ever heard of a Saloon. Don't know anyhing about cars

“No Time To Die features a Aston Martin V8 Saloon, similar to the one first seen in 1987’s The Living Daylights. Launched a decade before Timothy Dalton’s Bond debut, the V8 Saloon was both the fastest four-seat production car of its day and Britain’s first true ‘supercar ’.”

From 007.com ;).

“No Time To Die features a Aston Martin V8 Saloon, similar to the one first seen in 1987’s The Living Daylights. Launched a decade before Timothy Dalton’s Bond debut, the V8 Saloon was both the fastest four-seat production car of its day and Britain’s first true ‘supercar ’.”

From 007.com ;).

But why hell has both Cary, Babs & co been yapping about the vantage in diff mags?

Thanks anyway for the help @matt_u
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Well actually because it is indeed a Vantage. Saloon is the coupé model of the V8 Vantage, Volante on the other hand is the cabriolet.
    So basically in the film the car is a V8 Vantage Saloon. XD

That's very nice, it would help to inform us on the deleted scenes when the movie will be realeased. Call sheets, scripts, story boards, concept arts, are all the gem I hope to find when this movie will be out.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

From 007.com ;).

But why hell has both Cary, Babs & co been yapping about the vantage in diff mags?

Thanks anyway for the help @matt_u

The Vantage model is a sort of top of the line version of the saloon (although I’m not sure many call it the saloon: I just call it the V8), and Bond’s is a Vantage model.
    What it isn’t, and you see people often call it, is a Volante: that’s the convertible :)
    Saloon means it’s just the “coupé” version of the V8 Vantage.
    Thank for clearing it up guys.
  • Contraband wrote: »
    OT: I just need to brag a little. Maybe it's not a big deal if it would happend to you guys but to me it is a really big thing and supercool.

Mr Tom Cross, NTTD co-editor liked several of my Insta-posts. (And I have screenshot to prove it). Now it's just a matter of making him a devoted follower as well :D

If you listen to podcasts you can check out "Roger Deakins Podcast"-cinematographer of "Skyfall", he's had all sorts of crew from the bond movies on there and the most recent episode actually has Tom Cross on. :)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,483
    I wonder if Bond or Felix will mention Lucia at all. Perhaps a thread too thin from the previous film?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I wonder if Bond or Felix will mention Lucia at all. Perhaps a thread too thin from the previous film?

Yeah probably a bit too obscure: most of the audience won't remember her.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

Yeah. I felt Lucia should have been a Mystery woman, Femme Fatale sort of. Such a missed opportunity, considering an actress as brilliant as Monica Bellucci played her. So mentioning her won't be bad, even if it looks very unlikely at the moment.

If you listen to podcasts you can check out "Roger Deakins Podcast"-cinematographer of "Skyfall", he's had all sorts of crew from the bond movies on there and the most recent episode actually has Tom Cross on. :)

Yes I know... but Roger is part of the film industry and the crew members clan. I'm not. Big diff
    I know it's OT and I don't know if it's already been posted... but I don't know where to put it: here's the official logo for the 60th Anniversary...

I hope this calendar is real. They haven't had a Bond calendar in quite awhile.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,343
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Yep it’s on the 007 store.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

They sold a 2021 calendar.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    QBranch wrote: »

They sold a 2021 calendar.

But postponed to 2023.