No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Contraband wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Neat pics. Wouldn't be able to fit that standee in the spare room. I have the Spectre one, it's about 7 foot tall. The bases on these things are assembled with nuts and bolts!

Comparison. Try walk away with this one. Haha..

ACtBl3f.jpg

Is that you? Whoa, finally we get to see the person behind one of the best spoiler sources! :))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    No no, he's much shorter.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Neat pics. Wouldn't be able to fit that standee in the spare room. I have the Spectre one, it's about 7 foot tall. The bases on these things are assembled with nuts and bolts!

Comparison. Try walk away with this one. Haha..

ACtBl3f.jpg

Is that you? Whoa, finally we get to see the person behind one of the best spoiler sources! :))

Haha.. Yeah that's me - not. Some random woman posing
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    talos7 wrote: »
    I hate to be contrarian , but I’m not crazy about this photo, particularly Daniel’s expression ; it’s a bit blank. It needs a bit more of the “up to mischief “ look that Connery did so well.

That’s never been Craig’s style, and would never fit the tone of the films.
    mtm wrote: »
    I do quite like that shot of Craig. It's nicely offbeat and he looks great.

I like it as well. Actually reminds me of some of the publicity shots of Connery for NSNA. I love it!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Yes it's nice that it isn't a posed shot but has been captured with him in motion, so we get this unconventional shape and he looks like he has real intention. But it is a proper studio shot, unlike that blue wall teaser poster which just looked like a snap.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »
    I hate to be contrarian , but I’m not crazy about this photo, particularly Daniel’s expression ; it’s a bit blank. It needs a bit more of the “up to mischief “ look that Connery did so well.

That’s never been Craig’s style, and would never fit the tone of the films.

Perhaps, but his expression in that shot is just shy of a deer in the headlights.
    (Already posted in Actors-thread)

32 min Zoom-chat with Pierce Brosnan and son Dylan. I can't embed

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQT98fQJvf8/

edited June 2021 Posts: 3,018
    New stills of Ana on the Havana set (published on a fan-account). Same we already seen with watermark all over.

Oh my…
    edited June 2021 Posts: 7,889
    This is what I mean, one has a twinkle, something that every Bond has , no matter how dire, or personal the situation.

He also looks better with a slightly edgy hairstyle.

ygxUdJP.jpg

Ke8MbrY.jpg

edited June 2021 Posts: 7,999
    Seems wrong. That was fine in older films because those were different times. But modern films don’t really have characters smirking in promos. You think they’d have Tony Stark do that but he’s usually looking serious.

There was even that whole hubhub over Captain Marvel not smiling despite the fact none of the other Marvel characters did.

https://www.boredpanda.com/smile-marvel-characters-brie-larson/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Who was the last Bond to smile on a poster? Lazenby had a big ol' grin from what I remember. Did Moore ever have a smirk? I know they are "art" as opposed to photographic posters but even at that, I am finding it difficult to remember too many.
    Seems wrong. That was fine in older films because those were different times. But modern films don’t really have characters smirking in promos. You think they’d have Tony Stark do that but he’s usually looking serious.

There was even that whole hubhub over Captain Marvel not smiling despite the fact none of the other Marvel characters did.

https://www.boredpanda.com/smile-marvel-characters-brie-larson/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

I don’t agree, and in no way is that a smirk. This is about the character of Bond. When the public see a poster like this they’re not thinking’ about the tone of the films, they’re thinking James Bond. As I said no matter how dire the situation, Bond always has a boy like twinkle in his eye..

edited June 2021 Posts: 7,999
    Who was the last Bond to smile on a poster? Lazenby had a big ol' grin from what I remember. Did Moore ever have a smirk? I know they are "art" as opposed to photographic posters but even at that, I am finding it difficult to remember too many.

Sir Rog at least had one for AVTAK when standing back to back with Mayday. After that, Bond has kept a relatively serious or calm expression. But I think that’s just how action heroes have been shown in posters since the 80s. Even Chris Reeve’s Superman didn’t really smile a lot in marketing, but we’ve seen his grin plenty in the actual films.
    3PRR1GP.jpg

Wider shot: Ana on the Havana set

lN5IPri.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The street sweepers there need the sack.
    Where she's standing, to her right is an alley with a green screen at the end. Considering its length, I would think we get a scene down that alley.
    Where she's standing, to her right is an alley with a green screen at the end. Considering its length, I would think we get a scene down that alley.

@QBranch Let's go by my ridiculous Havana set overview I made two years ago. Ana is standing to the left - straight down under where it says 'drinking cola'

F2cImg9.jpg

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Thanks @Contraband I think Paloma will have more to do than Lucia in Spectre but roughly the same amount of screen time. I assume she's only in the Cuba scene? We've only seen her in that dress
    I think Ana will be a fantastic Bond girl nevertheless
    @mtm top tier comment mate haha
    @QBranch Let's go by my ridiculous Havana set overview I made two years ago. Ana is standing to the left - straight down under where it says 'drinking cola'
    That's right, mate. Also, Bond enters the scene from the right side of the map, above the word 'Spectre'.

No-Time-To-Die-James-Bond-Cuba-Daniel-Craig-1024x424.png
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,416
    Making two posters with Dutch release date with that picture from Ana...

notimetodie28june2021.png
    notimetodie28june2021-2.png
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Dutch release date with that picture from Ana...
    I'd like to see the date down under. If you know what I mean. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    3PRR1GP.jpg

Wider shot: Ana on the Havana set

lN5IPri.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=14049077
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2021 Posts: 14,861

F2cImg9.jpg

What's the weird orangey thing in the bottom left? Looks like a vehicle of some kind. I guess it's a cherry picker or something.
    I have a vague thought we talked about this at the time, but it was decades ago now! :D
    mtm wrote: »

F2cImg9.jpg

What's the weird orangey thing in the bottom left? Looks like a vehicle of some kind. I guess it's a cherry picker or something.
    I have a vague thought we talked about this at the time, but it was decades ago now! :D

It's standing behind the set buildings, Pinewood crew using it I guess
    Haha.. Knives out 2 - Craig and Kate Hudson

She might be wearing heels, but she appears to be as tall as Craig. 5'10" ? Hmm...
  • Now we know that the title No Time To Die was 'appropriated' from the most unsettling of all the Columbo TV shows (1992), can we at least hope for rather more originality from the screenplay of the upcoming Bond film? I, for one, am still deeply concerned about the involvement of 'woke' Phoebe Waller Wotsit as a co-screenwriter.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 1,215
    I'm not too concerned about PWB, I think she's an asset as far as punching up some dialogue (particularly humour) and making Bond feel as though he lives among people who feel/sound like they could feasibly exist in this contemporary 2021 society. If she were the primary writer, then sure, probably not a great fit but it is still very much Cary Joji Fukunaga's script.