The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Really needed that Italy clean sheet…

Me too, Spinazzola Captaincy rethink lol

Ouch! That makes things more difficult all of a sudden.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I could still keep Spinazzola as captain, my biggest regret is taking Ronaldo out and putting Immoblie in late on. The Portugal v Belgium game will probably be a goal fest.

I could still keep Spinazzola as captain, my biggest regret is taking Ronaldo out and putting Immoblie in late on. The Portugal v Belgium game will probably be a goal fest.

You never know. Portugal need to play well against Belgium in order to score, I think.
    Too many captain choices not decided yet, Lukaku, KDB, Depay or Wijnaldom :)]
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,102
    De Ligt sent off. Netherlands got an almighty task on there hands now.

Czechs score, oh dear why did I select 4 Holland players.

Czech's 2 - 0 up, best I can hope for is a consolation goal or assist from one of my Dutch assets.

Disastrous for Holland they are out.
    T. Hazard goal and what a goal, Belgium take lead.

KDB off injured on 46 minute mark, my team is a mess points wise.
    Completely forgot to change captain, but it didn't matter in the end, as I would have picked Depay…

Regret tripling up on Dutch assets, but on paper it was one of the better fixtures.
    Belguim go through despite Portugal being the better side. Belguim v Italy will be a tight game for sure.
    Completely forgot to change captain, but it didn't matter in the end, as I would have picked Depay…

Regret tripling up on Dutch assets, but on paper it was one of the better fixtures.

I should have kept Captaincy on Spinazzola.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 7,500
    Belgium were disappointing. So many chances on the counter which they failed to capitalize on, and that even with bulldozer Lukaku upfront! That's just not good enough! They defended reasonably well though. Although their defenders lack pace, they are good at clearing crosses.

I don't see them winning the competition unless they improve.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,241

I should have kept Captaincy on Spinazzola.

That's bad luck! Who are you considering placing the armband on now?
    Belguim go through despite Portugal being the better side. Belguim v Italy will be a tight game for sure.

Indeed. Italy have momentum now, so it will be exciting to see how this game plays out.
    jobo wrote: »
    Belgium were disappointing. So many chances on the counter which they failed to capitalize on, and that even with bulldozer Lukaku upfront! That's just not good enough! They defended reasonably well though. Although their defenders lack pace, they are good at clearing crosses.

I don't see them winning the competition unless they improve.

Yes, it was a disappointing performance. At their best they can win the whole tournament, but they definitely need to step up to do so. De Bruyne carrying an injury doesn't help either.
    Lukaku brought his Man United touch and form his Inter touch and form deserted him. If Belguim lose KDB they won't win, with him they have an outside chance. France are my favourites, I think they have a few more gears.

@Torgeirtrap not sure I have a few Swedish players or one French player I can put arm band on. Not checked yet though maybe forced to use Wildcard after this set of games.
    Lukaku brought his Man United touch and form his Inter touch and form deserted him. If Belguim lose KDB they won't win, with him they have an outside chance. France are my favourites, I think they have a few more gears.

@Torgeirtrap not sure I have a few Swedish players or one French player I can put arm band on. Not checked yet though maybe forced to use Wildcard after this set of games.

Lukaku didn't have much help when De Bruyne went off injured. Not a good game for him, but he still worked really hard up front for Belgium.

With a French player and Swedish players, you have options both today and tomorrow. If Benzema fail to deliver (he's likely my captain today), I'll go all in on Lustig and Sweden vs. Ukraine.
    Reports that Grealish to Man city for 88 million is a done deal, Jack is currently in my FPL team at possibly a bargain price though he will now have to deal with Pep roulette.
    Croatia 1 - 0 Spain, what happened there with the keeper calamity, totally against the run of play Spain were looking good.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 7,500
    I feel for Pedri. At eighteen he is playing his first international tournament, and he has arguably been Spain's best player so far, a real unsung hero of the tournament. Now he will be credited with an own goal that is not his fault.
    jobo wrote: »
    I feel for Pedri. At eighteen he is playing his first international tournament, and he has arguably been Spain's best player so far, a Real unsung hero of the tournament. Now he will be credited with an own goal that is not his fault.

Before the own goal I was noticing Pedri a lot good talent with a bright future. That was the keepers fault not Pedri's, Keeper should have positioned his body more behind the ball, he had plenty of time to stop it.
    1 - 1 goal was coming.
    Not over yet Croatia 2 - 3 Spain
    Wow 3 - 3
    15 minutes to go Spain 5 - 3 Croatia, this could easily end 5 - 5

Cracking game best of the Tournament so far, the Spanish player will want to hit the ice bath after that.
    Swiss take the lead and deserve it.

Good first half for the Swiss, France totally out of sorts, body language not encouraging.
    Get Rabiot off the pitch!
    3-3 WT... Extra time again, what a game... Again.
    This day has demonstrated how great football can be!
    Absolutely I don't support any of these teams though I am exhausted watching the games, great drama.
    Wow Mbappe off all people misses penalty, congrats to the Swiss amazing result.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    This was unexpected... never seen the Swiss fighting so much before (compare it to the awful performance against Italy?!). And they always disappointed before when it came to penalties... amazing what happened tonight. It can be helpful to be underestimated. ;)
    Going to have to use a Chip as I have 7 (8 including KDB) players out, last chip so need to get this one right.

Done my transfers, I have completely avoided one team as I think they are over hyped and will get found out in there next game.