NTTD & Corona

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Didn’t that happen with Bond before, or was that some other franchise film?
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    Didn’t that happen with Bond before, or was that some other franchise film?

That was for Star Wars, when TFA was coming out. They showed the fan an unfinished cut of the film.

I hope the guy gets to see NTTD
  • If any Bond fan deserves to see it, it should be him!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    If any Bond fan deserves to see it, it should be him!

Agreed. It would be nice if he could somehow be granted his dying wish to see NTTD in advance.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Terminally Ill James Bond Fan’s Hope to Preview ‘No Time to Die’ Before He Passes Goes Viral

Variety has contacted “No Time to Die” producers Eon Productions and the film’s international distributor Universal Pictures for comment on the Millar family’s request.

https://variety.com/2021/film/global/james-bond-fan-last-wish-no-time-to-die-1235003319/
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    What the theater situation looking like overseas? Here in the U.S, were pretty much fully open. My wife takes the kids weekly to the dollar movies at our local theater. I dont see a situation that will push NTTD further at this point.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The cinema has reopened here as well, but there are still distance rules in place.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The cinema has reopened here as well, but there are still distance rules in place.

At what capacity? Just curious

Not sure. The rules dont make much sense, so it is hard to grasp them.

You're just keeping your distance from them. At least 2 metres.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Keeping my distance from the rules, yes. No, the rules are complicated because there are all kinds of stipulations and exemptions. Contagion has supposedly dropped here lately, so the distance requirement has been reduced from 2 metres to 1 metre. With fewer cases, the virus supposedly doesn t travel as far, just half the distance now???
    edited June 2021 Posts: 17,727
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Keeping my distance from the rules, yes. No, the rules are complicated because there are all kinds of stipulations and exemptions. Contagion has supposedly dropped here lately, so the distance requirement has been reduced from 2 metres to 1 metre. With fewer cases, the virus supposedly doesn t travel as far, just half the distance now???

Welcome to the complex and ever-changing world of Law, my friend. Especially emergency regulations which are often by their very nature transitory. I studied stuff like that for two years at Master's level and have just about still kept my sanity. I think the 1 metre rule applies here too but it is confusing for the average citizen to keep up with it all.

On the distance point, is it possible that herd immunity is beginning to develop with the successful rollout of the vaccination programme?
    edited June 2021 Posts: 8,000
    California has just re-opened, so we’re back to full capacity, at least in my county.
  • 2021 Mainstream Film Release Schedule (as of 25/06/2021):

JULY 2: The Forever Purge
    JULY 7 (UK): Black Widow
    JULY 16: Space Jam: A New Legacy
    JULY 30: Jungle Cruise
    AUGUST 6: The Suicide Squad
    AUGUST 27: Candyman
    SEPTEMBER 3: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
    SEPTEMBER 17: Venom: Let There Be Carnage
    SEPTEMBER 24: The Many Saints of Newark
    SEPTEMBER 30 (UK): No Time to Die
    OCTOBER 1: Dune
    OCTOBER 15: Halloween Kills
    OCTOBER 22: Last Night in Soho
    OCTOBER 29: Antlers
    NOVEMBER 5: Eternals
    NOVEMBER 11: Ghostbusters: Afterlife
    NOVEMBER 19: Top Gun: Maverick
    NOVEMBER 24: Encanto
    NOVEMBER 24: Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon
    DECEMBER 10: West Side Story
    DECEMBER 17: Spider-Man: No Way Home
    DECEMBER 22: The King’s Man
    DECEMBER 22: The Matrix 4

Hopefully, that might be the last time that I need to update this list (in terms of rearranged release dates)!
    You know, I think Bond should be pushed back again. Just to be safe.
  • I really hope you're joking there, I can't always tell via text 🙁.
    I do think Spider-Man: No Way Home should be pushed back as well, so that it comes out on time for the 20th anniversary of Spider-Man’s cinematic debut.
  • There are 4 Marvel films coming out in 2022 as it is, so they would all have to be pushed back as well. I see where you're coming from.

I thought your reply in regards to NTTD was somewhat jokingly because it's coming out earlier in the UK.
    F9 opened up at 70 million, which is a good sign overall for the future of theaters
    After all the fear mongering of “death of cinema”, Nolan trying to be the savior of it with TENET, it seems moviegoing will still be a thing.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Let’s hope the worldwide spread of the Indian variant won’t jeopardize Bond’s run.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Let’s hope the worldwide spread of the Indian variant won’t jeopardize Bond’s run.

Is that the same as the Delta variant?
    matt_u wrote: »

Is that the same as the Delta variant?

Yup
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Two jabs should be effective against the Delta variant too. Or at least you should not be quite as ill from it. But if we are going to have to work our way through the entire Greek alphabet, NTTD may be in our distant future at best. 😉
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I'm wondering when the next decision point is for Eon and Universal about the release. If it's still September, the marketing team is going to have to get moving again.
    They had Vin Diesel do a spot about “the movies”. Perhaps Craig can do something similar, touting the nearly 60 year cinematic legacy?
    Their marketing budget has over the last three years for this film must be unreal.I guess we are due our annual new trailer for NTTD in September
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Most likely by the end of September a vaccination will be mandatory to go to the theaters in most EU nations.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2021 Posts: 5,921
    So what are the odds NTTD opens as scheduled in September/October? I read the UK restrictions are starting to be lifted. Here in the US, they are too, although some states are reissuing mask mandates because of Delta.

Seydoux testing positive despite being vaccinated presents a question. How would Eon throw a lavish premiere in this climate?
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    I’m less worried about lavish premiere and more about them postponing again… an uptick in cases could make some states (US) put some restrictions back and even without they may still decide that it’s still not optimal profit time to release